Drive Me Crazy

Chapter 3; We're all losers

I had this strange dream, like a déjà vu from when I was younger. I was lying in my parent’s bed next to my dad, he had a day off from work so he decided to stay home with me when my mom had gone to work. I was lying with my back against him and he had his arm around me, I could feel him breathing close to my neck as he was sleeping. I cuddled a little bit closer because I was freezing, he moved his arm and held me closer. I opened my eyes a little to see his hand, and suddenly I realized this wasn’t a dream and that it wasn’t my dad’s hand. I got out of the grip, terrified of the feeling, and I was so quick I even fell out of the bed and hit my head on the nightstand.

“Ouch” I said and held my hand on the spot where I hit my head. “What the fuck were you doing!?”
“What?” Quinn asked, he sat up straight and he had probably no idea what just happened.
“I said no touching!” I answered angrily.
“What do you mean no touching? I didn’t touch you!” he said, also angrily.
“Oh yeah, so whose arm was around me then?”
“You were probably dreaming…”
“I know the difference of dreaming and reality, Quinn” I chuckled. “But nevermind” I crawled up on the bed again and turned my back against him.
“I’m sorry you’re having weird dreams, I’m truly sorry” he said sarcastically and I felt the bed bouncing a little as he turned his back against me.

~A Few Hours Later~

We woke up at 12 or something and made some breakfast, now we were going to ‘hang out’ in my room. Though we didn’t speak much since we woke up we still had to manage to make that essay. On my way from the bathroom to my room I heard the sound of someone tuning an acoustic guitar. I walked over to my door slowly and listened as Quinn started to play something, and suddenly he started to sing quietly.

See all those people on the ground
Wasting time
Tried to hold it all inside
But just for tonight

The top of the world
Sitting here wishing
The things I’ve become
Something is missing
Maybe I
But what do I know


He paused the singing a little and continued playing on the guitar

And now it seems that I have found
Nothing at all
Wanna hear your voice out loud
Slow it down, slow it down
Without it all
I’m choking on nothing
It’s clear in my head
And I’m screaming for something
Knowing nothing is better than knowing at all


I entered the room and closed the door, Quinn turned around when he heard the click from the door.
“I was just...I wanted to try it out” he said.
“I didn’t know you could sing” I said, looking straight into his eyes from where I was standing.
“I don’t, usually, but sometimes it’s fun to sing while you’re playing” he answered looking down on the guitar. I walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed.
“I think you’re good”
“Thanks” he looked up at me and smiled a little.

“So, you’re in a band or something?” I asked.
“I just joined it actually, but yeah” Quinn answered smiling. His dad bought him drums for his 6th birthday, but being a drummer isn’t as fun as being a guitar player. I guess that’s why he started to play guitar instead, it’s what he always wanted.
“Cool” I answered.

~Later~

We’d been sitting for hours trying to finish that essay, and we were almost done thank god. Doing an essay isn’t the funniest thing to do, especially on a Saturday.
“Are you finding anything?” I asked Quinn who were lying on the bed with my laptop while I was sitting on the floor, writing down the facts he could find about the Ramones.
“Yeah, but nothing new” he answered, and suddenly he looked shocked. “Shit, I’m going to meet Jeph and the guys in 10 minutes!” he stood up quickly.
“What?”

“It’s practice today, I totally forgot”
“But, what about the essay?”
“We’ll fix it tomorrow or something. It’s 6 days left until it has to be finished, don’t worry”
“Alright” I shrugged, but I wasn’t happy. I’d rather finish this now than do it after school.
Quinn put on a black shirt on top of his red t-shirt and then he looked at me.
“Want to join me?” I was going to meet his band? I was actually going to listen to him play guitar after all these years? I’d love to!
“Uh…sure” I said and got up from the floor.

We took the bikes and rode just a few blocks away up on the driveway where it said ‘Howard’ on the mailbox. The house was white and it looked kind of new, probably painted recently.
We parked the bikes and went inside.
“Quinn, you’re 5 minutes late!” Jeph joked as he came towards Quinn and hugged him.
“Sorry, we were doing home works” he answered.
“Really?”
“Yes, really”
“Alright, alright. So, who’s your friend?” Jeph looked at me.
“Sam” I answered and looked at him, he was around my height with dark brown dreads in a pony tail. He seemed to be a bit older than me and Quinn, probably college student. But he seemed nice.
“Nice to meet you, Sam, I’m Jeph” he smiled and I smiled back slightly.
“Come on guys, let’s jam!” another guy yelled and hurried downstairs.

We followed him and entered this not so very big basement with a drum set standing in the corner, a bass lying on top of an amplifier and a guitar standing in an arm chair.
“Hey Quinn, who’s your girlfriend?” the guy behind the drums asked. “I’m Branden”
“Sam” I answered. “And I’m not his girlfriend”
“You could be” the blonde guy on the bass said quietly.
“Shut up, Ashton” Quinn said and Jeph walked down the stairs with some bottles of Coke.
“It’s band practice, so stop it, leave the girl alone” he smiled and handed me a bottle.
“Thanks” I said.

Sitting on that arm chair while watching the guys play was a great feeling, I’ve only been to these little clubs nearby seeing crappy garage bands. Seeing how happy Quinn was to be in a band was also a feeling I really enjoyed. They played a kind of slow song called Anyday, which I really liked actually. Jeph said they were thinking of putting out an EP or something, and he promised I was going to get the first copy.

~Next Day~

Sunday evening, I was walking on the sidewalk on my way home from the grocery store with a bag in my arm and my mp3 in the other hand switching from song to song.
“Heard…boring…boring…heard…oh fuck it, I’ll have to put in some new songs” I said and turned it off. As I reached my house I saw 3 bikes lying on the front yard. I raised my eyebrow and opened the door, going directly into the kitchen as I heard voices and laughter from upstairs. I put down the bag and made my way upstairs. Are they in my room? Yep, the voices and laughter came from my room. I opened the door and faced Quinn on the floor with the acoustic guitar, Jeph sitting under the window with a bottle, Branden sitting opposite Jeph with drum sticks drumming on the carpet and Asthon with my...

“What the fuck are you doing with my diary!?” I screamed and ran to the bed grabbing it out of his hands as quickly as possible. “And why didn’t you stop him!?” I looked at Quinn angrily. He looked like he had no idea what to say.
“Get out of my room! No actually, get out of my house! NOW!” I screamed and pointed at the door. They all stood up and made their way out, Quinn put the guitar on my bed and was on his way out too. I put my hand in front of him to stop him.
“Not you” I said between my teeth. He looked at me.
“Sam it was-“

“Why didn’t you stop him?” I asked again. “A diary is private, I thought you knew that!”
“I do, I just…I didn’t know what he was reading” he answered like some kind of excuse.
“Yeah right” I answered.
“Okay, you know what? Fuck this” he grabbed a pillow and a blanket and made his way out of the room.
“Where are you going?” I asked.
“I’m sleeping on the couch tonight” he answered. I just wanted to scream when he closed the door after himself, but I didn’t. I put my diary back in the drawer and made myself ready for the bed, I didn’t have much to do anyways. And besides, I didn’t want to go downstairs right now.

[a/n: I haven't been on Mibba for ages and I'm sorry about that.
In less than 10 hours I'll have 2 of my best friends over,
and on friday we're going to Austria for Taste Of Chaos.
I'll be back online on tuesday ^_^ I'm excited as hell!
<3<3]