Wildfire: Rise of the Phoenix

Finale

Hailie ran towards Cam's unconscious body and dropped to her knees next to him. She took his head into her lap and leant over him. She didn't know where these feelings were coming from, but she was scared that something serious happened to him. She felt her eyes start to water and saw a few tears fall onto his face and his chest. She stroked his hair a little bit and when she heard the Witch cackling with glee she looked up through her hair that had fallen from her ponytail and over her eyes. She glared at the Witch and the Witch just continued to laugh wickedly.

Hailie let out a loud piercing growl and gently laid Cameron's head back onto the ground. She stood up and stepped in front of him. She took a fighting stance and let the anger that was coursing through her strengthen and reach her deepest core. Another loud cry of anger left Hailie's mouth as wings spread from her back and out into the air. They were a beautiful dark red with gold tints to the feathers. Once the feathers appeared Hailie's entire body erupted into flames. From the sidelines Rosalie saw what was going on and wanted to go to Hailie to try and get her to become in control. Within seconds Edward was next to her ready to hold back Anie.

"Go, she needs you and you're the only one she will listen to," Edward said flatly.
Rosalie nodded her head and shot off across the field, but was stopped by Katiya, Aaron's guardian.

"What the hell let me go, Dammit, I need to get to Hailie," Rose seethed through gritted teeth.

"You can't go near her right now. She will destroy anything and everything that get's in her path. Her mindset at this moment is one thing and one thing only. Seek and destroy the one thing that unleashed that power within her," Katiya said urgently.

Rosalie stopped struggling against Katiya's surprisingly strong grip and stood next to her. She kept her eyes trained onto Hailie to see what would happen next.

Hailie took to the air and the Witch soon followed afterwards. The Witch threw attack after attack at Hailie, but Hailie dodged every single one of them. She was weaving through the sky as if she owned it. Rosalie was stunned at what she was seeing. Hailie wasn't paying attention when the next attack came so it hit one of her wings. She let out a scream of pain and then lunged at the Witch. Her long sharp nails struck the Witch and the Witch screamed in pain. It was as if the true form of a Phoenix was a Witch's weakness. Hailie realized what had happened and continued to strike every part she could of the foul thing that hurt her Guardian and protector.

Rosalie kept her eyes trained on the battle taking place in the sky. The Witch managed to strike Hailie a few more times, which seemed to just anger her even more. Hailie saw a weak point in the Witch's fighting stance and aimed for the blow. Hailie struck with her nails and raked them across the Witch's face. The Witch screamed in agony and brought her hands up to cover her face. Hailie backed off to look for another point of attack. She brought her wings together and flapped them around her creating a circle of fire. The last time she flapped them she sent the fire towards the Witch and the Witch barely managed to dodge the flames.

"What is going on," Rosalie asked.

"A true Phoenix is able to change into the legendary bird at will. Their powers are beyond unique and very powerful. Very few true Phoenixes are able to keep control of those powers and end up dying within a few months after receiving them. Each one is different though, so Hailie is a different story. The attack that she tried to accomplish was a very powerful one. It's mainly used as a way to end a battle," Katiya explained while watching the two people in the air fight.

"Why does the Witch scream each time contact is made by Hailie," Rosalie asked.

"A true Phoenix form is deadly to a witch, but most Phoenixes aren't able to transform into their true forms so they are more vulnerable to a witch's powers," Katiya answered.

Rosalie stayed quiet and continued to watch the battle. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Carlisle gently pick up Cameron and carry him off of the field and back towards the main house. Esme was with him and she had Renesmee with her. Rosalie turned her focus back to Hailie and watched as Hailie dealt the final blow. The witch had been weakened too much by each minor blow from her that this one did the trick. It was the same one that the Witch managed to barely dodge before. Since she had been considerably weakened though, she wasn't able to move as fast as she normally would have.

Hailie watched as the Witch went up in flames and screaming loudly from the pain that she was feeling. Hailie slowly descended to the ground once she was satisfied that the Witch was completely and utterly gone. When her feet landed on the ground she was breathing really hard. The beast within wanted to stay out and play some more, but deep down Hailie knew that enough destruction already happened today and tried to reel in the beast. The beast within fought hard, but it had been slightly damaged from the latest battle so it was easy to tame.

I have faith that you can do this Hailie. Don't let the Beast win, bring it back.

Hailie listened to the calm voice inside her head and closed her eyes to breathe deeply.

Hailie felt her body cool down and then screamed in pain as her back felt like it was on fire from the inside. She dropped to her knees and managed to barely put her hands out in front of her. Her hair fell into her face and she continued to breathe hard. She closed her eyes tight against the pain and just as soon as she felt it, it was completely gone. She then collapsed to the ground in complete and utter exhaustion.

Rosalie looked at Katiya and she just nodded. Rosalie took off to Hailie's fallen form and knelt down next to her. Rosalie lifted her head and noticed that Hailie's eyes were closed.

"Hailie," Rosalie asked tentatively.

Hailie opened her eyes to slits and looked at Rosalie's blurry face.

"You need to rest," Rosalie said with a small smile.

Hailie just nodded her head and closed her eyes again. Rosalie picked her up and held her close. Alice was by her side in a second and Emmett was on her other side. Rosalie started the trek back to the house trying to be careful with Hailie's fragile form. Everyone else who participated in the battle followed silently. Once back at the house Rosalie went up to her room and laid Hailie down on the bed and then left her to rest. She then went to Carlisle's study to check on Cameron. She knocked lightly and then after she heard Carlisle's light response entered. She saw Cameron lying on a hospital like bed with an IV and a heart monitor on. He was breathing normally and that was a good sign.

"How is he," Rosalie asked.

"He'll be okay. He had a nasty hole just above his heart from the Witch's attack, but after I had laid him out on the bed it was gone," he answered.

"What do you mean it was gone," Rosalie asked confused.

"It was as if it completely vanished without a trace or a scar left behind," Carlisle said.

"Did Hailie cry before you brought him here," a voice asked from the doorway.

They both turned to see Katiya standing in the doorway.

"I don't mean to pry or anything, but it's important to know if Hailie shed any tears before she turned into her true form," Katiya said.

"I don't know for sure," Carlisle said.

"Yes, she did," Rosalie said.

"How do you know for sure that she did," Katiya asked.

"I saw it from across the field. Her head may have been bent over, but I saw a couple of tears drop on his face and chest," Rosalie replied.

"Phoenix tears are an element of healing. If a Phoenix cries onto a wound it will heal within the next few minutes," Katiya explained.

"Amazing," Carlisle whispered excitedly.

"It is," Katiya said with a small smile.

Rosalie stayed silent. She left shortly after making sure that Cameron would be alright and finding out that he would be asleep for awhile. Rosalie walked back up to her room to check on Hailie. When she opened her door she found her bed empty. She started to panic and search the room only to hear that the shower was running in the connected bathroom. She heaved a deep sigh of relief and then sat down on the bed to wait for Hailie to emerge from the bathroom.

Hailie had woken up after only a few hours of sleep. She felt refreshed and better, but she also felt dirty and really sore. She went into the bathroom and started the shower water. She stripped out of the X-Men suit that she was wearing and turned around to fix the water temperature. She fixed it to her liking and then went to turn back towards the mirror when something caught her eye. She stopped short and looked behind her. On her back in between her shoulder blades were two faint markings of wings. Her mouth fell open in shock, but then snapped shut. She liked how they looked. She turned back around and then stepped into the shower. The water cascaded down her body and she closed her eyes in pure heaven. She liked how the water felt on her. It felt amazing and very soothing.

When Hailie was done with her shower she grabbed the big body towel and wrapped herself up in it to make sure that her new tattoos were covered. She wrapped her long auburn hair into another towel and then left the bathroom to find some new clothes to put on. She would give the suit back to her X-Men friends just before they left. It needed to be repaired. Hailie stopped short when she saw Rosalie sitting on the bed.

"Hey Rose, how are you," Hailie asked cheerfully.

"Are you doing alright," Rosalie asked.

"I'm doing just fine actually. The three hours of sleep replenished me to full health and energy," Hailie smiled.

"That's good. I was really worried about you when you were fighting like that," Rosalie said.

"Is something wrong," Hailie asked noticing the tone of voice that Rosalie was using.

"Yes and no," Rosalie stated not looking at Hailie.

"What's wrong," Hailie asked feeling fear start to take over her body.

"Cameron," Rosalie replied solemnly.

Hailie had to stop and think about the name before realization slipped in.

"Cameron how is he," Hailie asked getting worried.

"He's in a coma at the moment, but his injuries have been healed," Rosalie said.

"Injuries," Hailie asked confused.

"He had a big gaping hole in his chest from the attack from the Witch, but you healed him," Rosalie said.

"I healed him, but how," Hailie asked really confused now.

"You let your tears fall onto his wounds," Rosalie replied.

"What do my tears have to do with me healing somebody," Hailie wondered.

"Your tears have a healing element in them," Rosalie answered.

Hailie smiled at that. She then proceeded over to the dresser to get dressed, but then stopped.

"What's wrong," Rosalie asked.

"Uh, I don't have any clothes. They are all back in my room and I'd rather not walk down the hall in a towel," Hailie smiled sheepishly.

Rosalie smiled and then got up from the bed. She walked over to the door and then called for Alice. Alice slipped into the room and then looked at Hailie.

"What's wrong," Alice asked.

"I need clothes from my room, but don't want to walk down the hallway in just a towel," Hailie admitted.

Alice grinned and then left. Hailie only waited for about two minutes when Alice returned with a pile of clothes in her hands. Hailie was grateful and then placed them on the bed. She turned around and then dropped her towel to start getting dressed.

"Hailie what the hell is on your back," Rosalie and Alice exclaimed in shock.

Hailie turned her head and smiled at them.

"I don't know for sure, but that was there when I went to take a shower," Hailie admitted.

"Hold on a moment. Cover up in the towel. Katiya needs to see this, and maybe she'll be able to help us out," Rosalie said heading for the door.

Hailie nodded her head and then wrapped herself up in the towel again after putting on some panties at least. Alice sat next to her and they were silent until the door opened again and Rosalie entered followed closely by Katiya.

"Hailie what is Rosalie talking about," Katiya asked.

Hailie stood up and turned around. She dropped the towel and then waited. There was a ten minute silence before Katiya finally spoke.

"Those are the markings of a leader Phoenix. They mean that the leader of the Phoenixes has risen again and will continue to rise until the Phoenix race is fully established again," Katiya answered.

"Wait, so I'm the reincarnation of the very first Phoenix to ever exist," Hailie asked bewildered.

"It would appear to be so," Katiya said with a smile.

Hailie smiled in return and then continued to get dressed. She put on her T-shirt and a pair of shorts followed by some Converse low tops. When she was done Hailie took her hair out of the towel and then let it fall down her back. She looked around for a brush and found one on Rosalie's vanity. Rosalie allowed her to use it and Hailie started brushing her hair free of tangles. It took her about ten minutes for all the tangles to be gone. When she was done brushing her hair she took the two sides and brought them back in a thin line and then clasped them together with a clip.

Hailie led the way out of Rosalie's bedroom and then Rosalie took Hailie to Carlisle's study while Alice and Katiya headed down the stairs. Rosalie opened the door and then led Hailie inside. Carlisle looked up from his desk to see Hailie awake and standing there.

"Hailie are you feeling okay," he asked concerned.

"I'm doing fine," Hailie smiled warmly.

"Good. You had us all worried while you were fighting," Carlisle said.

"I know, but I had to do it. As annoying as Cameron can be, seeing him hurt like that just hit a really hard nerve that I didn't even know was there," Hailie replied.

Carlisle just nodded his head.

"So how is he," Hailie asked.

"He's sleeping at the moment. I don't know for sure when he'll wake up, but maybe Alice will be able to figure that out," Carlisle replied.

Hailie nodded. She turned to Rosalie and then they both left. Hailie had to get downstairs and thank her comrades for helping her fight the battle for her life and the lives of other Phoenixes. Rosalie followed her down the stairs and the minute she entered the living room applause filled her ears. Hailie whistled for it to stop and it did immediately.

"First of all thank you all of you for coming together and helping me fight. I appreciate it a lot. It's hard to put aside differences and band together when you need to. You all showed that today especially the shape-shifters and the Cullen and Volturi clans. I know the hostility there is a lot, but you all did great and I really appreciate it. Thank you," Hailie said.

"Hailie there is no need to thank us. We all love you in some way and would do anything for you," Emmett smiled warmly at her.

"Thanks Emmett," Hailie grinned.

"How's Cameron doing," Aaron asked.

"He's in a coma, but he's completely healed," Hailie replied.

"That's good," Aaron replied with a sigh relief.

Everyone continued to talk and mingle. Soon the Volturi left stating that they needed to get back to Italy. Hailie said goodbye to them all and then went back to the others. A lot of the nomad vampires had left soon after the Volturi did with promises to drop by every now and then if they wanted to. Hailie thanked the Amazons before they left and then soon the house was left with only the Cullens, the wolf pack, the Moroi, the Dhampirs, and the X-Men. The Moroi and Dhampirs stayed for a little while longer and made Hailie promise to visit often. Before Anie and Derrick left the house they pulled Hailie aside and thanked her for saving them. They apologized for trying to hurt her the entire time they knew her. Hailie didn't have any hard feelings against them since she knew that they weren't in their right minds the whole time. They left right after that little conversation.

Before the X-Men left the house Scott asked Hailie if she would come back to the mansion in New York more often and visit them more. Hailie agreed because she did miss them all. Storm asked her if she would be willing to teach a few classes on meditation so that others could learn to control their powers more. Hailie said that she would think about it. Hailie pulled Pyro aside and told him that she might be able to help him conjure fire so that he wouldn't have to have lighters all the time to manipulate it. Pyro was excited, but Hailie made him swear that he would stop abusing his gifts against the human race. He swore that he would.

After the X-Men left the house it was just the wolf pack, Katiya and Aaron, and the Cullens left. Hailie finally sat down on the couch and let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you alright Hailie," Jasper asked concerned.

"I'm fine, just a little worn out still and worried about Cameron," Hailie admitted.

"Cameron will be just fine. His body just needs to regenerate energy that was taken from the attack that he endured," Katiya explained.

"Good, but I don't know where these feelings are coming from. He annoys the shit out of me," Hailie smiled meekly.

"These feelings are from the Phoenix/Guardian bond that is deep down inside every pair.
Normally, a Phoenix will marry their Guardian to strengthen that bond and make it easier to protect each other from harm, but not all of them do," Katiya replied.

Hailie let that little bit of information sink in. She already knew that she wasn't aging anymore. She stopped aging the minute she turned twenty-one three hours ago. To think that she might have a destined soul mate was a little bit difficult to understand seeing as though almost everyone she normally cared about disappeared or abandoned her at some point in her life.

Hailie said that she was retreating to bed soon after the conversation with Katiya. She checked in on Cameron first and then headed to bed. She lay in bed for about an hour before she finally closed her eyes and slept peacefully in days without any worries of battles or being kidnapped at some point.

Three Years Later

Hailie stood in front of a floor length mirror with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing one of the simplest of dresses that made her red hair stand out. Esme had given her one of her old necklaces from the 1920s. Rosalie had let her borrow two tiara clips for her hair that had blue sapphire diamonds laid into them. Hailie had bought a new silver bracelet for her left wrist. Her hair was down, but she had two strands from the side pulled back to keep the rest of her hair back from her face.

"You look stunning Hailie," Rosalie smiled from behind her.

"Thank you," Hailie smiled warmly.

"Are you excited about today," Alice asked.

"Surprisingly yes, I am. I honestly didn't think it would happen considering how many times we broke up and fought," Hailie admitted.
Rosalie laughed.

"You're still going to come and visit us right," Rogue asked from the bed.

"Of course I am. I can't forget my other family," Hailie grinned.
Rogue grinned back.

After the battle Hailie had sat by Cameron's side day in and day out. Sometimes she would even refuse to leave his side to eat food. She didn't understand where all the feelings were coming from, but she actually cared if he would wake up. It took him three days before he finally did wake up. Hailie had fallen asleep with her head on her arm when he did wake up. He had to prod her awake three or four times before she actually opened her eyes. When she noticed that he had woken up she asked if he would be alright. He told her that he would be and then she got up and left the room.

After that day she stayed in her room and slept for six days straight. Rosalie had to check on her multiple times to make sure nothing serious happened to her. Carlisle was even worried about her.

"Hailie is everything alright," Rosalie asked pulling Hailie out of her memories.

"Oh, yes, I was just remembering what happened after the battle. I still can't believe I walked out of the room right after he woke up," Hailie admitted.

"You were just confused that's all," Alice stated.

"I guess I was," Hailie said with a sigh.

"It's almost time," Rogue stated looking at the clock on the nightstand.

Hailie nodded and stood up. She checked herself in the mirror one last time before following her bridesmaids and maid of honor out the bedroom door. They walked down the hallway and down the long staircase. At the bottom of the stairs they were met by the rest of the wedding party excluding the groom. Rosalie looped her arm through Aaron's, and Rogue looped her arm through Emmett's, while Alice looped hers through Jasper's arm. Hailie waited patiently and soon she was joined by Carlisle and Professor Xavier. Xavier was on her left while Carlisle was on her right. Carlisle took her arm and Professor Xavier grasped her left hand. She smiled brightly at the both of them and then waited for the music to begin.

Alice and Rogue started first and then Rosalie walked with Aaron down the aisle. Hailie stopped just before she reached the edge of the balcony leading down towards the backyard of the mansion. She stretched her head a little and saw the scene before her. Everything was done in a red and gold color. It looked absolutely stunning and beautiful. The shape-shifters occupied one side of the seating area and the vampires like Carlisle and Rosalie occupied the other. Amongst the two races sat the X-Men, Dhampirs, and Moroi. Hailie smiled at the scene before her.

The wedding march started and Hailie closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened her eyes and then proceeded down the aisle. She walked slowly and with a huge smile on her face. When she reached the end of the aisle she bent down and kissed Xavier on the cheek and he returned it. She straightened and then turned to Carlisle. She kissed him on the cheek as well and he returned it. He placed her hand in Cameron's and then stepped back to sit next to Esme.

The wedding ceremony took about twenty minutes tops. When the priest was done Cameron and Hailie shared a simple, yet quick kiss before running down the aisle. The reception was hit. Everyone who was invited had a blast and so much fun. Hailie couldn't stop laughing when Cameron went to do the garter toss. She laughed so hard that she almost fell off the chair when they helped her stand on it for the bouquet toss. The cutting of the cake ceremony was simple and not messy. They fed each other and then kissed.

Emmett seemed to love to watch them kiss so he would always randomly tap his fork or whatever he had in his hand on his glass of wine so they would have to. Hailie went back upstairs with Rosalie for about ten minutes. When she came back down she was dressed in a simple white evening gown. She didn't want to ruin her wedding dress. She and Cameron left the reception soon after she changed. They went to the Caribbean Islands for their honeymoon. When Hailie returned she was three weeks pregnant.

Rosalie was so excited to have another niece to dote upon. She was with Hailie every step of the way. Alice went and bought every kind of baby item she could think of and more. Hailie tried to stop her, but she wasn't able to. When Hailie went into labor Carlisle delivered the baby and Hailie was blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Hailie named her Anaya Rose Blake. Rosalie loved the name.

After the birth of Anaya, Hailie and Cameron moved in between Forks and New York so that they could visit either family when they wanted to. They moved to Minnesota, which was the half way point for both states. Rosalie visited often with Emmett. Bella and Edward did as well and they brought Renesmee to play with Anaya who also seemed to grow just as fast. The Phoenix and Guardian mix made Anaya very special. In the histories concerning the offspring of Phoenixes and Guardians, the child only got the Phoenix side of the powers. Guardians were rare, but Anaya was special. She got both sides of the gene pool and that made her extra special.

Hailie was happy with her small family. She reveled in the fact that she finally managed to tame that beast within her. Since the major battle she was able to transform into full phoenix form at will. Aaron and Katiya got married and had a son who got the Guardian side of the powers. If a Phoenix happened to be male, the child normally took after the mother's side of the gene pool mostly and it was the same if the Phoenix was female as well. Aaron named his son Zacky Demetrius Carvella. They also visited Hailie and Cameron from time to time. Hailie made a point to visit the X-Men and help teach a few classes as well. Professor Xavier helped her communicate with him through their minds each time she went and now that's how they communicated. Hailie also went on a few missions with them when they felt that she was needed.

Hailie was happy with how her life went from complete and utter misery to the best life anyone could ask for. She loved her two huge families and felt loved and wanted by both of them. She couldn't ask for anything else. Anaya was getting bigger by the day and Hailie was just happy that she was healthy.

Hailie went on to teach her daughter what she learned as she was going through the changes of turning into a full phoenix and Cameron helped her control her Guardian powers as well. Anaya looked like a spitting image of Hailie except when her eyes weren't changing with her emotions they were a clear pale green rather than a grey neutral color. Hailie loved her eyes the most. Hailie never regretted anything that happened to her when she was younger because if she did then she wouldn't have gotten to where she was now.

She had a family, people who loved her and friends for a lifetime. She made special trips to see her Dhampir and Moroi friends in the royal court and she was welcomed by all. Anie and Derrick kept apologizing every time that she saw them because even though it had been three years since the battle they still felt guilty about what happened to her. Hailie reassured them that they were fine and told them to not stress over it anymore. Rosemarie and Demetri opened their home to Hailie when she dropped in for a visit and so did Lissa and Christian.

The only thing that Hailie really cared about was that she was no longer struggling with the Beast that was within her. She overcame the harsh power that it held and kept control of it with ease. She no longer felt weak and helpless with her powers since she was able to take full control. She still tried to help Jean Grey with hers, but Jean never stayed long enough for her to help out. Hailie was happy that she controlled the Beast and the Beast didn't control her because that just meant the Beast was no longer unwanted. She drew power from it when she needed to and that kept it happy and content, which made it easier to control.

Overall, Hailie's life was perfect in her eyes and she couldn't ask for anything else at all. She didn't need anything or want anything else except her family, friends, and of course Cameron and Anaya.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long ass wait on this final chapter, but I have been without Internet for awhile. I will return fully in August!!