Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

Be Nice

“So yeah we have to go now!” I say looking at my watch. Tom has to be at a radio interview in twenty minutes, “I have no clue how we talked about so little for so long, but we have to go.”

“First we are going to go up to your room and get your brace” he says practically picking me up off the chair.

“I can walk thank you” I say pulling my arm out of his grasp. I begin to put weight on my knee and guess what . . . it gives out.

“You want to rephrase that?”

“Shut up” I say as I hop on one foot toward the elevator.

About five minutes and a few stumbles later we reach my door and I reach into my cami and pull out my key-card. As it appears from my shirt Tom gives me a weird look, “What, I had no pockets.” He raises his hands in surrender and defense.

“Hey” Reaghan says as she sees me. I look on the bed and see that Keevie is asleep.

“How long has she been asleep?” I ask. I find my duffle bag and dig around to the bottom and my knuckles hit something hard, “Ow, found it.”

“About ten minutes.” Rea gave me a weird look, “What did you find?”

“This” I say holding up my brace as I slip it on.

“I’ll ask later. Um the guys stopped by and said to meet them there. Bill said he knew what you were talking about was important so he didn’t want to call you” she says giving me my purse and the keys to the rental, “Go now!”

We get to the elevator and push the button to take us to the lobby. We go about two floors when Tom reaches for my right hand which is holding the keys. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m driving” he says reaching again for the keys which I yank away.

“I don’t think so” I say as he reaches for a third time. And this time I pull them away and put them where I had the key-card this morning.

“That’s not going to stop me” he says smirking.

“So help me I will break your hand if you do” I say knowing exactly what he is planning on doing.

“Okay okay” he says knowing that I may not break his hand but I would hurt it.

“That’s what I thought.” We arrive at the parking garage type area and a valet comes around with the car. I wait till we’re both seated and buckled to get the keys out from where I had hidden them so to speak.
****

“Sorry, sorry” I say to who ever as we walk into the radio studio.

“Eh, don’t worry you’re right on time, it’s only 2:29” the radio host says looking at his watch.

“Mmhmm, barely” I say as Tom goes to sit next to Bill who gives him a look.

“We’re taking her out to dinner tonight, she’s finally gonna know” Tom say very loud answering Bill’s unasked question.

As the radio host gets a look of interest on his face I clear my throat loudly and cast a glare at Tom and Bill.

“Who’s gonna finally know what?” the host asks.

“Our mom’s gonna finally know what we got her for Christmas” Bill covers not missing a beat.

“Christmas isn’t for quite some time though” the host pushes farther.

“Well, we’re not sure if she’ll like it so we want her opinion in time for us to get something else if she doesn’t” Tom says going along with it just as well as Bill did.

“Shouldn’t the show get started now, I mean it is . . .” I look at my cell phone, “2:33.”

“Yeah, we should” the host says turning on the on air sign.

After about five minutes of boring mindless questions they decide to take a break and play some music.

“So what did you get Keevie for her birthday?” Bill asked the other three.

“I got her a mini ‘I’m with the band’ t-shirt” Georg smiles and leans back in his seat.

“Me and Gustav got her a charm bracelet with five charms. A teddy bear, C, star, butterfly, and a horse with wings” Bill says bragging a bit about the gift Gustav and he bought.

“You mean a Pegasus?” I ask Bill.

“Yeah that” he waves me off.

“Who’s Keevie?” the host asks.

“When are you guys planning on giving these to her?” I ask all of us ignoring the radio guy.

“Isn’t she coming to the concert tonight?” Gustav asks.

“Yeah, that’s one of my gifts to her.”

“Who’s Keevie?” the host asks again but we continue to ignore him.

“We’ll do it that half hour before the show that it’s just us” Georg finishes.

“Who’s Keevie?” the host has raised his voice a bit, he obviously doesn’t like being ignored for so long.

“Oh um sorry” Bill says finally realizing that he had been asking that question for quite some time, “She’s our assistant manager’s daughter.” He gestures towards me and I wave.

“How old is this daughter” Radio Guy asks.

“She turns four today” Georg says. I’m amazed that all this time Tom has stayed silent, but one glance over and I can see it because he’s afraid to let something slip.

“So you guys have a four year old kid on tour with you? That must be weird.”

“Nah, we all love Keevie like she was our little sister or something” Gustav says and they all nod their heads, “Or something” I hear Tom say under his breath.

“So how old are you?” Radio Guy asks me this time.

“Eighteen almost nineteen” I answer calmly.

“How did you get a job like this at eighteen?”

“She’s smart trust us” Bill says spinning in the swivel chair, it was a bad idea that they gave him one, and knocking me in the knee with his foot lightly. The thing was that he knocked me in my bad knee and it twisted in a way that the brace couldn’t help keep it in place.

“Aaahhh!” I cry in pain and sink slowly to the floor.

“Bill!” Tom says hopping up from his seat and down to me.

“What?”

“Can’t you see she’s got her brace on?” he rolls his eyes at his brother.

“Tom be nice, it’s not his fault” I say annoyed at how now all four of them looked like they wanted to fuss over me, “I’m a big girl I can handle my own pain. Get on with the interview, now” I order.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments :)