Status: Active....but slow, sorry

Angel vs. Demon

Angel vs. Demon 1

Ahh school. The one place where I can escape the awkward tense air of my home that reeks of cigarettes and heavy cologne. The one place I can smile and be myself without a rude remark…. well sometimes. The one place I can see my friends. Yay!

I rushed down the halls quickly. My arms felt extremely sore from my dads beating last night and were now covered in bruises. But I was fine. As long as my friends were here with me I was a-okay!

I found my friends in their usual spot at their lockers. They spotted me and waved me over happily. I smiled happily to them “morning guys!” I said. My friend Sam stood up and gave me one of her tight squeezes. “Good morning hun!” She said.

I winced as my arms seemed to become stiff with pain. She let me go and pulled my jacket off my arms. She gasped and looked up at me with an angry but questionable look. “He did it again?!” She said running the tips of her fingers down my arms only to have me pull away in pain.

I put my jacket back on and nodded with a pained smile. “Yeah, I tried to talk back but it ended up turning back around on me.” Sam pulled me into a soft hug and sighed. “You need to tell someone sweetie,” she said giving me her pleading eyes.

I shook my head and pushed away. “No I’m fine, don’t worry, plus I only have this year and next year left, and then I can get out of his clutches.” My friends gave me worried looks but nodded with sad smiles. “Okay then Justin, but if you need help call us without any hesitation.”

We walked off to go to our classes when I realized I had left my science book in my locker. “Oh dang it! Mrs. Smith is going to skin me If I tell her I forgot my book again!” I said. Alex, one of my other friends, giggled softly. “Don’t worry, go get your book, we’ll meet you at class.” She said. I nodded and ran off as fast as I could down the hall.

Only 1 minute till class starts! Gotta hurry! I saw the corner coming up and slid to stop but my footing fell from under me and I raced for a person just turning the corner. Oh NOOOO! I closed my eyes and I smashed right into him making us fall over with a loud thud.

“Ah! Gage!” the boy next to him yelled. I opened my eyes to look at a face only an inch from mine. The boys hazel eyes focused on me, and boy did he look mad. I shot my head up only to hit the other guy square in the jaw with my head.

He fell back onto the lockers and I gasped. I scrambled off the guy who was now emitting one of the scariest auras I’ve ever seen. The guy moved his way to the other guy “James you okay?” He asked in a husky voice. The guy nodded and rubbed his chin. “I’m fine, god what happened?” He said.

They both turned their eyes on me sending chills down my back. “S-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-sor-r-r-ry,” I stuttered out. They stood up and towered above me. My legs felt like jelly, I couldn’t stand at all. I could barely hold myself up from the ground with my arms.

The one I knocked over glared at me. “You annoy me. Get out of my sight.” He hissed with so much malice I sat there petrified for a minute comprehending it. My body somehow managed to stand with out me willing it to and rushed away like there was no freaking tomorrow.

I got into class and got scolded by my teacher, yet again! For not having my book. My friends kept asking me questions, probably because I looked and felt like I had just seen a ghost. Or worse, a demon. I couldn’t help but see those cold eyes in my mind throughout the entire class.

Finally it was lunch. Sam put her hand on my shoulder and I nearly jumped out of my skin. “Whoa! Justin it’s me! Calm down. I’m not going to hurt you.” I turned to her and relaxed. “S-sorry, I’m just a little jumpy.” She sighed and stroked my arm “what happened sweetie? You can tell me.”

I set my sandwich down and looked at her sadly. I explained everything to her and she just sat there and listened to me. When I was done she staid there silently. “It sounds like you ran into a demon to me.”

I sighed and suddenly my eyes focused on those cold eyes again. I sat up straight so I could get a better look. I spotted his tall dark figure walking through the lunch tables with that one boy behind him still rubbing his chin.

All the color that was in my body drained out. Sam realized my sudden expression and turned her eyes to where I was looking. “Justin, was that the guy you ran into?” She asked, something about her voice was strange.

I nodded softly and turned to her. Her eyes had fear and worry written all over them. “Justin I can see why you’re scared. That’s Gage Fox, he’s pretty well known around here for being extremely violent and scary beyond belief.” She said eyeing him as the two sat down.

“I’m surprised he didn’t kill you for that, especially for hurting his friend James too.” Fear practically took over my body and I nearly fell out of my chair. I’m not the kind to be able to fight anyone, ANYONE! I’m so weak it’s sad. And now I’m more than likely on the bad side of one of the scariest guys in school.

“H-how come I’ve never heard of them?” I asked. She shrugged, “I heard he was on probation for a good some time.” I looked at them from the side and noticed James spot me and pointed me out. I jumped slightly and then I saw Gage turn his eyes to me.

I couldn’t keep the fear held in any longer. I jumped from my seat and ran out of the lunchroom as fast as I could. I stopped in the boy’s bathroom and curled up in a ball on the floor. I was shaking uncontrollably.

I didn’t want to leave. Ever! I wanted to stay here where I was probably safe from that demon. If I met him again he would probably kill me. I hugged my knees tight to my chest and let sobs break from my throat. I hid my face in my knees trying to convince myself it would be okay.

After a few minutes I finally stopped crying and managed to stand up. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked horrifying. I had tear stains streaking my cheeks and strands of my hair stuck to my face and stuck up in random directions. I was as pale as the dead and my eyes were red and puffy from crying.

I turned on the faucet and splashed cold water in my face and managed to look not so dead. I sighed one last time at myself in the mirror before making my way to the door. I clutched the door handle and tightly squeezed my eyes shut. You can do this!

I threw open the door. Bang! I stopped where I was and looked around the door to see Gage standing there holding his nose. He looked up at me and growled with a deep glare set into my skin.

I have the worst luck in the world. He grabbed my shirt collar and pinned me to the wall sending pain shooting up my back. I let out a muffled scream as I bit my lip. “You fucking bastard! Do you want to die?” He hissed. I looked up at him, tears welling in my eyes.

I shook my head ferociously “I-I-I-I’m s-s-sor-”
“STOP STUTTERING!” He yelled. I let out a small eep and tried to slink back farther into the wall away from him. He threw me hard to the ground and glared at me. “I suggest you stay out of my way, ‘cause the next time I see you I wont hold back from killing you.” The acid in his voice petrified me.

I watched him walk away and gripped the door handle to stand up. My legs ran off towards the front of the school. I couldn’t stay here, I would be killed. I ran off to Sam’s house, I knew she wouldn’t be home yet but I needed somewhere to go.

I climbed over the fence to their backyard and made my way over to our tree house we made when we were nine. I climbed up the stairs and sat down. I hugged my knees tightly and let the tears fall soaking my cheeks once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh i guess tell me what you think of it i'm still very confused about this site so if something came out weird then i'm sorry tell me how to fix it and yeah............ I will be putting up more chapter but i don't know how well this is going so far but yeah......awkward silences are a good time to get a kit kat bar but i don't have one so i'm done