Status: Active!

Saying Sorry Is The Least I Could Do

Chapter 3

Two years ago; July 28, 11:31 A.M.
---
"Bye, Mom! I'll be home around 3." Alyssa ran out the front door, shoving the hundred dollar bill in her front pocket.

"Stupid Kaedence. Making me go to the mall all by myself. I hate not having a car. I can't be mad at him though; he's so nice. Not going to the mall with me so he can go help his grandma with errands." Alyssa swooned. "No wonder I love him so much." She continued to walk down the sidewalk, daydreaming about her and Kaedence going to the mall together, hand in hand.

Suddenly, she felt a hand creep around her arm and the steel brim of a gun against her head. "Hey, pretty lady. What's a beautiful girl like yourself doing out all by yourself?"

"I'm...I'm going to the mall. That's all. No need to hurt me, sir. Now, if you could please let me go, I'd
greatly appreciate it."

Alyssa tried to pull away from his grip, but it was tight enough to leave bruises. "Oh, we have a fiesty one, don't we?"

Alyssa brought back her elbow forcefully into the man's stomach, causing him to stumble back and fall. She took off into the alleyway as fast as she could.

"Think you can run from me, do you? I think you're forgetting how I am the one with the gun." Alyssa burst into tears, running towards the stairs leading to the roof.

About halfway up to the roof, a shot rang through the air. Within a few seconds, pain was dominent above Alyssa's right breast. She reached up and felt it before seeing the dark red blood coating her hand.

She looked back and saw the man running away, leaving the gun on the ground. Alyssa collapsed, blood dripping from her wound. Trying her hardest not to burst into tears, she pulled her cell phone out of her pocket, dialing 911.

"Hello?"

"I need an ambulance. I've been shot."
---
Alyssa's eyes fluttered open, faintly seeing Jake's face a foot away. "Hey, beautiful. How are you feeling?" Alyssa tried to sit up as best she could, but pain soared within her. Tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

"I-it hurts so bad, Jake! I don't want to be like this. I feel too terrible. I don't wanna live anymore. I wish that bullet had killed me." Alyssa put her face in her hands, crying uncontrollably.

Jake went over to her and took one of her hands, holding it tightly in his. "Hey, hey. Shh...don't cry, Alyssa. It'll all be okay. Here, I brought you something." He reached over to the other chair and picked up the pure white rose. As he handed the rose to his best friend, a wide smile spread across her face.

"I...I love it, Jake." He tried to smile, but guilt had been flowing through his veins. If only he had invited her to dinner like he wanted to.

"Hey," Alyssa said, shaking Jake from his thoughts. "Has Kaedence been here to see me yet?"

"No. He said he would stop by later tonight since I'm staying over his house."

Alyssa wore a puzzled look. "Why didn't you just wait to see me, then?" Jake blushed and looked at the ground.

"I didn't want you to be alone when you woke up. Your mom got really tired so I told her I wanted to stay with you."

"Oh, Jake, thank you. You don't know how much that means to me." Alyssa smiled, trying her hardest not to fall asleep.

"Well, I'll let you get your sleep, Lyssa. You look exhausted. Your mom will probably be back sometime during the day; Kaedence and I will be back tonight. Jake kissed Alyssa's forehead gently.

"Sweet dreams, gorgeous."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's been so long. I've been busy. I'll try and update more if I can. I'd appreciate some more readers or whatever, but no worries if there aren't. I'll just continue the story cause I like writing :]..

xxTamsin