Status: comment please! and enjoy

A vampire always gets what he wants.

Chapter 20

Recap…

Slowly I was put down onto my own two feet, feeling the soft warm sand in between my toes.
“We’re here,” Sebastian whispered in my ear his lips so close that they brushed lightly against my ear. I shivered at the feeling, my stomach doing flip flops.
“Welcome to Belleza Perdida.”

Chapter 20

As the blind fold fell to the ground, my eyes caught sight of a beautiful lush paradise. The sandy beach stretched ahead of us for another ten feet or so before giving way to a palm tree laden mountain that was so high up my neck hurt just from looking at it. Turning my head to the right the sea sparkled in the sunshine; the aqua blue colour so clear it revealed the ocean floor. “Where are we,” I said turning around to see Sebastian smiling.
“An island about forty-five minutes of the coastline of Puerto Rico.” Sebastian said placing his hands on my hips.
“What did you say the name was again Belle…?”
“Belleza Perdida, it means lost beauty in Spanish.”
“How did you find this place, there’s nothing but ocean as far as the eye can see.”
“Actually it’s been in my family for generations,” Sebastian said looking up to the mountain top, before giving me a mischievous grin. “I’ve got something I want to show you, but it’s up there,” he said pointing up to the mountain top. I raised an eyebrow, “what could you possibly have all the way up there, a bat cave or something?” I said curiously.
“Oh I assure you it’s much more lavish than a simple cave,” he said bringing his hand up to stroke my cheek as he continued, “and that ‘bat’ up there is quite well known among your kind, a legend really.” Gazing up at his handsome face I said, “Really and who would that be.”
“Trust me as soon as you see him you’ll know exactly who he is.” Sebastian said lifting me up into his arms bridal style, wearing his signature smirk as he spoke,
“Though I suggest that if we plan to make it there before nightfall that I do the walking.” I huffed at his reference to me being slow, but looking ahead of us I knew he was right. “Fine, go ahead.”
“Just close your eyes and turn your face into my chest, it'll help with the dizziness.” I raised my eyebrow, “Are you sure, or is this just an excuse to have me cuddled up to your chest,” I said suspiciously wondering why he didn’t’t’t tell me this the first time.
“No it is true, but I must admit it sure is hot having you clinging to my chest,” he said in a seductive voice. I slapped his chest, “That’s not funny,” a blush rising to my cheeks.
“Ah there’s the blush, you don’t know how much of a turn on that is,” he whispered against my neck making me blush a deeper red if that’s even possible.
Sebastian just chuckled, “Okay hold on tight now.”
I immediately snuggled into his chest not wanting a repeat of last time.

His scent filled my nose before he took off my hair whipping around my face at the breakneck speed. Holy crap he was fast, I just snuggled closer to him shielding my face against his chest. A few seconds later the wind stopped, my hair now hanging limply against my shoulders.
“You can open your eyes now,” Sebastian whispered softly in my ear.

Slowly I opened my eyes and turned my head around to see the spectacular view before us. Down in the valley sat something right out of a fairy tale; I had to blink a couple of times just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. There surrounded by a wide moat sat atop a huge cliff face stood a magnificent castle that looked like it was carved right out of the side of the mountain. It was made entirely of black stone, giving it a dark and menacing appearance as it loomed over the rest of the surrounding houses down below. The turrets rose up high above the rest of the castle, almost reaching the top of the mountain.
“So what do you think?” Sebastian said wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and leaning his chin on top of my head.
“It’s…beautiful, I’ve never seen anything like this before in my life.” I replied my eyes roaming over the stone walls taking in as much as I could.
“If you think it’s impressive on the outside I can’t wait to see your reaction when you see the inside.” Sebastian said placing a cool kiss on the side of my neck, making me sigh in contentment as the sun hung high above us.

“Alright enough gawking,” Sebastian said lifting me up into his arms. I nuzzled against his chest, as he sped towards the deathly alluring castle down below.

Slowly I opened my eyes as Sebastian placed me back onto my feet. The sight before me was something right off the history channel. The walls towered fifty feet up above my head, intimidating anyone who dared to enter the hauntingly beautiful manor. Suddenly three guards emerged from the surrounding woods clad in the black warrior gear Sebastian wore a couple of days ago. I’m guessing these were Sebastian’s men.

“Steel, it’s good to see you man. Place is as tight as you left it,” said one of the guards giving us an easy going smile.
“Good to hear Larsh, but I want the outer exterior surveillance doubled immediately. Every possible entrance or exit I want a body there,” Sebastian said in a hard tone laced with heavy authority. “Of course, I’ll alert the others immediately,” Larsh replied his face losing any trace of his earlier humour morphing into a detached expression. This was all because of me I was a danger to anyone around me. I was the intended target and these men were unknowingly putting their lives at risk to protect me from some deranged demon that might or might not show up and take me away. The feeling of not knowing what was going to happen next made me feel weak and vulnerable. I was just going to sit behind a human shield waiting for something bad to happen.
“You ready,” Sebastian asked linking his hand with mine. At the skin to skin contact I snapped out of my trance like state glancing around to notice that Larsh had already left to inform the others about the change in plans. I just nodded my head feeling a little nervous about finally meeting Sebastian’s family but also curious to know who his famous uncle was. Though, now that I think about it he hasn’t really mentioned anything about his family let alone his life other than the fact that he has an uncle.

As we walked up the last few steps towards the huge double doors two guards stood alert and poised, ready to attack any trespassers; but their faces respectful as Sebastian and I approached. Without a word they slowly opened the gigantic doors to reveal a sinister yet enchantingly beautiful interior. The floors were decorated in dark brown wood that was so dark that it looked black stretching throughout the entire first floor while in contrast the walls were made of a sparkling white marble that shimmered and sparkled when it caught the light. Two staircases filled the great front room leading up to where they combined into one massive balcony in the middle overlooking the front entrance before continuing upwards to the second floor. A hallway branched off on either side of the staircases looking dark and foreboding leading further into the depths of the castle.

Sebastian led me in between the two staircases through a wide hallway. It was filled with huge portraits of what I’m supposing are Sebastian’s family members. Quickly the hallway opened up to a huge room. Looking up I gasped at the huge circular skylight that covered the entire room filling it with light. Intricate semi-circular designs spiralled around the joining walls covering the whole thing in a breath-taking border. Who knew something so beautiful still existed, tucked away in the mountains hidden from the world.

Sebastian led me down another hallway and stopped in front of a set of mahogany doors. Sebastian knocked twice the sound echoing through the silent hallway like the beat off a drum.
“Come in,” came a deep male voice. Sebastian looked down at me a small smile covering his lips I smiled back feeling the nervousness already starting to ebb away.
“Don’t worry, I promise I won’t leave your side,” Sebastian whispered leaning in to place a soft kiss on my lips teasing me for a split second before pulling away. I could already feel my lips tingling from the split second of contact. He had no idea how much of an affect he had on me, and that fact that he teases me like this was not helping my already crumbling self control.

Sebastian pushed open the door revealing what looked to be an office. There was a huge wooden desk in the middle of the room it was hidden in the shadows because of the lack of light radiating off the small lamp in the far corner of the room. I could see a man was leaning casually against the far wall, a glass held gingerly in his hand. As soon as I caught of the man’s face I immediately saw the resemblance between him and Sebastian. He was tall like Sebastian and possessed the same godly facial features that made women bow at their feet begging for them to join them in their beds. Though he didn’t project a dangerous aura like Sebastian did when you looked at him, instead his eyes were a gentle pale blue unlike Sebastian‘s which blazed a smouldering midnight blue.

“Welcome back brother, I see your quest was most successful,” the man that looked like Sebastian said smirking as he looked me up and down. Sebastian growled loudly pulling me so I was hidden away from his brother’s sight. His brother raised his eyebrow in question, “No need to bare your teeth Sebastian I was merely taking a glimpse of what my future sister in law looked like,” he said raising his hands up in mock surrender. Sebastian kept his defensive stance eyeing his brother angrily. I squeezed Sebastian’s hand gently trying to diffuse his escalating temper. Sebastian glanced over his shoulder at me his eyes almost losing all trace of the midnight blue to the searing ember. “Sebastian it’s okay I’m right here, nothing’s happened to me, I’m safe,” I said softly pulling his hand up and placing it against my cheek trying to make him see that I was still here and unharmed.

Sebastian turned his body around cupping my cheek. I leaned into his touch loving how his skin felt against mine. The small gesture felt so intimate that I forgot all about Sebastian’s brother and the demon mark, it was just the two of us nothing more and nothing less.
“Kate,” Sebastian whispered running his thumb along my lower lip. He took in a ragged breath, his eyes slowly turning now back to their mesmerizing blue.
“Bloody hell, she’s already got him wrapped around her pretty little finger!”
“Shut up Julian before I rip your f**ing throat out and silence you myself,” Sebastian said in a deathly calm voice as he continued to softly stroke my cheek.

The sound of a chair squeaking caught my attention and I turned my head to look at the desk to realize that there was another person in the room. A hand placed a glass onto the wooden desk with a quiet click. Peering into the darkness I saw two golden eyes watching me. I was frozen in fear. Sebastian must have sensed my unease because he turned his head to see what I was staring at.
“Uncle,” Sebastian said with a small grin, “I would like you to meet my mate, Kate Beamon.” Sebastian moved his hand from my cheek down around my waist turning us so we were facing towards his uncle.

His uncle’s eyes narrowed for a second before they softened and he stood up from his chair. His face rose out of the darkness to reveal a tanned complexion chiselled to perfection. His jaw was covered in a twelve o’clock shadow of jet black hair while his hair hung loosely at his shoulders. He smiled revealing a set of sparkling teeth his fangs hidden, “It’s nice to meet you my dear, I am Vladimir Tepes,” he said bringing my hand up and placing a gentle kiss, “or as your people refer to me, the great Count Dracula,” he said with a huge smirk his fangs glistening in the dim light as he released my hand. My eyes widened in shock and fear. Sebastian’s uncle was the, thought to be just a myth, blood crazed vampire that was the first to ever rise up from the grave! And he just kissed my hand, the lips of a cruel and unsympathetic killer that was nicknamed, if I remember correctly from history class, ’the impaler’. As the reality of the situation hit me the world quickly became black.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

[Sebastian’s POV]

Suddenly Kate went limp, slumping against my side. Quickly, I swung my other arm under her legs bringing her up to my chest. Looking at her face her eyes were closed and her breathing slow as she lay unconscious in my arms. Looking over at my uncle I gave him a murderous glare, “did you have to flash your fangs saying the whole, ‘oh I’m the evil head cutting vampire Dracula’,” I said angrily hugging her small little body against my chest. Vlad shrugged his shoulders taking a quick sip from his glass as he sat back down onto his chair, “I am what I am, no point in sugar coating it Sebastian, you should know by now what happens when you do,” he said with a malicious grin.
Bastard.
“Uncle I must say that was a little uncalled for, you made the poor girl faint, but it was funny to see the shock written on her face,” Julian said hiding a grin as he took a sip out of his glass.
“For f**’s sake stop trying to give her a heart attack, she’s already lost her family because of me the least you could do is not try to scare her to death,” I yelled feeling my body start to shake in anger wanting to taste their blood between my lips. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath not wanting to lose control when Kate was in my arms, I’ve already scarred her enough internally no need to add some more on her perfectly soft and delicate skin for everyone to see.

Glaring at them both I headed for the door. Placing one hand on the door handle I paused to say one last thing, “If either one of you tries to approach her, talk to her, or even glance her way I will personally make sure you stay in the ground for good.” With that said I slammed the door shut hearing it squeak as it fell right off its hinges and crack into pieces onto the floor.