Status: comment please! and enjoy

A vampire always gets what he wants.

Chapter 19

Recap…

“You mean where are we going,” he said with a smirk. “And to answer your next question no I can’t tell you because it’s a surprise.” I pushed the covers off and stepped onto the carpet, “Can you at least give me a hint,” I asked turning my head to see his lips still pulled up into a smirk.
“Sorry love, no can do.”
“Fine,” I sighed, “When are we leaving?”
“As soon as you get dressed.” I looked over at him in surprise. Why the sudden urge to just get up and leave? Well I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Chapter 19

“We will be arriving in San Juan, Puerto Rico in approximately ten minutes so please fasten your seat belts and we will be arriving shortly. Thank you for flying with United Airlines,” came the cheery female voice through the plane intercom. I looked out the window finally seeing more than the aqua coloured sea that seemed endless since we left Miami a few hours ago. Sebastian grabbed my hand pulling my gaze from the window to his inhumanly beautiful face; his stunning blue eyes, perfect nose, strong jaw, and full pink lips always seemed take my breath away.

“I guess it’s not a surprise anymore.” Sebastian said in an amused tone, a small smile on his face. “It’s beautiful,” I replied glancing back out the window to see the outlines of mountains getting bigger and bigger as we inched closer to the island. Sandy beaches came into view surrounded by a thick line of green palm trees making it look like a lush tropical rainforest.
“You should have seen it a hundred years ago, when the land was still unknown to humans and untainted by their greed,” Sebastian replied looking over my shoulder at the island below now littered with huge high rises and beach resorts.
“How old are you exactly,” I whispered raising my eyebrow at his comment.
“Really, I just stopped counting after two hundred,” he said furrowing his eyebrows in thought before relaxing them and placing his arm over my shoulders, hugging me to his side.
“I can’t wait to show you the place,” he said looking down at my face. “It’s been in family for generations. My uncle had it built as a home away from home, though now it’s his primary home since humans became infatuated with his other one.”
“What do you mean by infatuated?” I asked curious.
“I mean that people became obsessed with the legends surrounding my uncle. They searched every inch of Romania for him. Eventually, while he was away they found his mansion and completely gutted the place, putting it into various museums across the globe. To this day they still give guided tours of his estate, passing on the ridiculous legends to the younger generations to pass on to the next.”
“Wow. That’s some story, but why did your uncle just surrender because from what I’ve seen a few dozen humans wouldn‘t be a problem for a vampire.”
“Oh trust me I was ready to carry out a full scale war but my uncle was still grieving with the death of his beloved and he just thought it would be best if he just had a fresh start somewhere new.” Sebastian said placing a soft kiss on my temple. “I finally know what it feels like to be in love like my uncle had and I don’t know how he’s been able to live centuries without his beloved when I can’t even fathom living a second without you.” He said pulling back to look at my face. I was utterly speechless, the thought of living in a world without Sebastian seemed unimaginable.
“Don’t look so sad Kate, I promise that I’ll always be here for you, and when I’m not around just say my name and I’ll come running.” I leaned forward capturing Sebastian’s lips with mine trying to show my affection towards his words the only way I could.

-----------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------------

The plane landed on the runway and soon enough Sebastian and I were exiting through the airport’s double doors into San Juan. I was immediately hit with the humid air that made the air heavy and moist as I breathed it in. Sebastian wrapped his arm around my waist while his other hand clutched our two bags. We walked towards the underground parkade, heading to the farthest corner where only a few vehicles were littered here and there. As we inched farther into the parkade I noticed a man leaning casually against a dark SUV. He was dressed to impress in a black suit, dress shoes, and sunglasses.

The man straightened up to his full height when we were only a few feet away, turning to see us. Sebastian stopped, removing his arm from around my waist before saying, “Wait here Kate, this will only take a second.” He leaned in and kissed my temple before closing the distance between him and the mysterious man.

“Steel,” the guy said bowing his head, Sebastian merely nodded his head in response. The man reached in to his blazer pocket pulling out a set of keys. “Everything else you need is in the trunk,” and with that said the man bowed again before walking away and in the next instant vanishing into thin air.

Sebastian wasted no time popping the trunk open and putting our bags in. He pulled out a black brief case before slamming the trunk shut. I just stood there watching him scan the area surrounding us looking for any potential witnesses I‘m guessing to his altercation with the mysterious man.
“Come on Kate, lets get out of here,” Sebastian said holding his hand out for me to take. I eyed the brief case in his other hand, wondering what could possibly be in there. I preferred to think that it simply contained a change of clothes but knowing Sebastian it was probably more guns and other weapons that I would most likely not want to know about so I ignored the nagging feeling in my stomach and grasped his hand.

We drove for a good hour before stopping at a small town for lunch. I sat in the booth eating my burger while Sebastian left to get his ‘lunch’. Just as I was finished eating Sebastian strolled in looking fully rejuvenated; his skin covered by a rosy tint. The thought of Sebastian needing blood to live wasn’t as vulgar as I first thought it to be, I knew he didn’t kill random people, he just took as much as he could without seriously hurting them so he could live unlike others who had simply had no sympathy for human life.

We drove for a while before Sebastian pulled over to the side of the road putting the car in park. I looked over at Sebastian in confusion, watching him reach back behind his seat and pull out the brief case. “What’s going on Sebastian?”
“Here can you hold this for a sec,” he said passing me the brief case. I placed it on my lap watching Sebastian reach under his seat and pull out a small box. He put it on he center console before taking back the brief case and putting on his lap. Watching closely Sebastian flicked it open revealing four hand guns and a couple hand grenades. I gulped, not liking how I was right about what was in there. Sebastian glanced my way, letting out a sigh placing the gun back in the briefcase. “Kate don’t worry this is just precautionary. I won’t use it unless I really have to,” he replied picking up the gun again and filling it with bullets from the box he pulled out from under his seat. I gulped eyeing the gun in his hand nervously. I never liked guns, even seeing them used on tv. The thought that you could end someone’s life with a single shot sent chills down my spine.

“Here, put this in your purse,” Sebastian said handing me one of the now loaded guns. My eyes widened at his words; was he seriously giving me a gun. Looking over at his serious expression I got my answer. “No way, keep that thing away from me,” I said frightfully.
Sebastian’s eyes softened as he took in my scared face. He took my hand in his, squeezing it gently,” It’s okay Kate it’s just for an emergency,” he said placing it gently in my hand, “Please Kate, it’ll put my mind at ease knowing you at least have something to protect yourself with if I‘m not there.” I sighed, gripping the cold metal object in my hand tightly, “Okay.”
Sebastian smiled placing a soft kiss on my lips, erasing all thoughts about the gun still clutched in my hand; instead filling it with a warmth that only his touch could bring out in me. Pulling away slowly Sebastian peered into my eyes as his warm breath tickled my lips.
“I love you Kate and I promise that no matter what I’ll always find you,” he whispered his eyes reminding me of the night sky, an endless dark blue abyss. He closed the distance placing a soft slow kiss on my lips again before pulling away.

“Don’t hesitant okay, these bullets can easily kill a human and paralyse any paranormal creature for at least 2 minutes, so you can run,” Sebastian said showing me how to remove the safety. I watched how easily his hands moved over the gun, pointing out where to aim and completely paralyse someone in one shot. Obviously this wasn’t the first time he has used a gun before, and it probably wouldn‘t be the last.

“I think it’s about time you see my surprise,” he suddenly said with a smug smile giving me back the gun and putting the car back into drive. “I thought Puerto Rico was the surprise,” I replied confused while placing the gun at the bottom of my purse so I wouldn’t see it.
“That was a surprise but from this point on you have to be blind folded so you can’t see the rest of your surprise,” he said pulling out a silk blind fold from his pocket. “But why can’t I just close my eyes, I promise I won’t peek,” I pleaded trying give my best puppy dog face. Sebastian’s smile formed into his signature smirk as he spoke, “Sorry love, that face doesn’t work on me, now here’s the blind fold. You can trust me, I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.”

I hesitated not liking the idea of being sightless.
“Don’t make me tie you up and throw you in the back, because I will,” Sebastian said in a serious tone though I could see the amusement in his eyes. I knew I could trust Sebastian but the thought of not being able to see was nerve wracking but I knew I had to be strong and suck it up, “Fine, but you better not let me crash into a wall or something,” I mumbled taking the blind fold and putting it on.
“And mar that beautiful face of yours, I’d kill anyone or anything that dared to even try.” I frowned at Sebastian’s words, “By kill you mean knock out right,” I said looking in his general direction but only seeing the inside of my eyelids.
“No I mean ripping their heart out and burning the bloody bastard until they’re nothing but a pile of ash.” Well, that was blunt, but with that said I just quietly sat back in my seat closing my eyes as I let my mind relax ridding all thoughts of vampires, witches and demons except for a certain vampire who seemed to always be on my mind.

-----------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------------

Suddenly I was pulled away from the warmth of the car seat, I immediately opened my eyes to see nothing. Struggling to stop myself from going into a full out panic attack, I lifting my hand up coming into contact with smooth skin, well to be more specific soft lips which curved underneath my finger tips.
“Good morning love, have a good night sleep.” Came the one voice who could put my heart at ease. I could never forget his voice it caused something within me to stir to life unleashing an unquenchable thirst to touch him, or at the very least be near him. “Can I take it off now,” I whined hearing the soft swish of water and the sweet smell of the ocean.
“Auh. Auh. Auh, we still have a ways to go,” came Sebastian’s teasing reply. I huffed, how much farther could it possibly be.

The sound of a water splashing became louder almost like we were standing right in front of the sea. I felt Sebastian tighten his grip around my body, hugging me closer to his chest as he stepped down onto something shaky. In the next instant the sun left my skin indicating we were inside somewhere. I was placed onto something soft, which felt familiar to a bed, before a loud engine roared to life, slowly dying down to a low rumble. I’m guessing we’re on a boat because I could hear the swish of the water lapping against the side of the boat.

About forty minutes later the boat’s engine cut off, replaced with the sound of completely silence. Suddenly I was lifted up again and the warm rays of the sun once again caressed my skin.

Slowly I was put down onto my own two feet, feeling the soft warm sand in between my toes.
“We’re here,” Sebastian whispered in my ear his lips so close that they brushed lightly against my ear. I shivered at the feeling, my stomach doing flip flops.
“Welcome to Belleza Perdida.”