I Just Want You

A welcomed annoyance

I turned my I-pod up a little as I swished the stick I found through the air like a lightsaber, making sure to make the humming noise as I did so. I had decided that I needed a little me time today. So I got dressed, grabbed my bag, and started to explore the city we were in.

I, luckily, stumbled upon a park on my adventure. There was equipment for kids to play on, branches for parents to sit on, lush green grass everywhere, and large trees that were good for climbing… or stealing lightsaber shaped sticks from. Today was an exceptionally nice day. The sun was out, it was warm, kids were running around and laughing. I hadn’t a care in the world; I didn’t even care about the odd looks I was getting from some of the mothers watching their children. I was just too happy.

I wasn’t going to let that fact that Mattie hadn’t spoken to me in two weeks get to me anymore. Today was going to be fun. No drama. I was going to enjoy today if it killed me.

“Do you take sugar?” I sang softly with the song playing on my I-pod, as I swung the stick around, “one lump or two?”

“You really are an odd bird, aren’t you?” I heard Tom laugh from behind me.

I practically jumped out of my skin when he spoke, I really wasn’t expecting anyone to see, or find me today. I spun around and looked at his laughing face. I was a little frustrated that he was interrupting my ‘me time,’ but I was happy that it was Tom, and not Johnny or one of the boys.

I sent him a mock glare and stuck out my tongue, “at least I don’t talk funny.”

He stopped laughing and smirked, as he picked up a stick of his own, “psh, you love my accent.”

That was very true, but he didn’t need to know that, “you wanna bet?”

He flicked out his stick and made the lightsaber noise, as if he was turning it on, “yup.”

And so our lightsaber duel began. Some of the kids laughed and cheered us on, others grabbed sticks of there own. At one point Oli and Dylan ended up walking through the park, and just shook their heads at us and walked away quickly so they wouldn’t be associated with us. In the end Tom managed to get me to drop my stick, making him the winner.

We both decided to just sit under a big old oak tree and talk, as we were both pretty worn out from our battle. The cool shade from the large tree was very welcome, as was the soft green grass underneath us.

“So,” Tom began, as he picked some grass, “have any plans for when the tour ends, luv?”

“Oh yeah, it’s over in a couple of weeks isn’t it?”

“Yup,” he nodded.

“Well… I’m probably just going to work on my comic and send it into the publishers,” I shrugged, “you?”

“Well, the guys have some time off before the have to do some promo stuff and get ready for the next tour… so I’ll probably just be managing all the Drop Dead stuff for Oli… just bum around Sheffield abit,” he laughed, “bother you as much as possible, so I don’t go out of my mind with boredom.”

I laughed, “I don’t think you’d be much of a bother, more of a welcomed annoyance.”

Tom looked down at me, and I was instantly caught up in his eyes, “then things are going to stay the same, eh luv?”

I didn’t have time to reply, as Toms soft lips pressed against mine in a gentle kiss. My hands instinctively ran through his hair and gently pulled him closer to me. My stomach was doing back flips that would put an Olympic gold medallist to shame. It felt so right kissing Tom, more so then I’d ever experienced with anyone before. I almost ruined the moment by laughing, as my I-pod seemed to sense the moment and started to play Excitable by Def Leppard.

Tom groaned against my lips before pulling away. My eyes flew open; I was a little frightened that I had done something wrong. But I was instantly relieved as I saw him take his cell phone out of his pocket and answer it.

I quietly watched as he has a short conversation, before hanging up and looking back over at me, “ready to get back to work, luv?”

I dramatically sighed, as I lightly hit my head against the tree behind me, “do we have to?”

He chuckled as he got to his feet, and then offered his hand to me, “Unfortunately, yes.”

I took his hand and got to my feet. I let out an annoyed sigh, “so much for my fun day.”

Tom just chuckled again as he took my hand, and we began to make our way back to the venue.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m sorry I didn’t get this out sooner :/ I’ve just had so much work, and I’ve been sick on top of that… I just hope my sorry state and inability to think straight for more then a few minutes at a time didn’t affect this.

Ani’s outfit