I know you did it

Chapter Four

I went through my medicine cabinet but everything looked the same.

“Knock, knock.” Someone said knocking on the door frame.

I jumped and looked to see Drake there. “Oh, hey.”

“Sorry, did I scare you?”

“A little bit.”

“What are you doing?” He asked coming towards me.

“Someone came in here.” I said flipping lids open and dumping out the pills. “Where is Landon?”

“He went to school an hour ago.”

“I’m not going to school today.”

“Alright, then what are we doing?” Drake asked.

“We are going to find my mom’s killer.” I said going to get clothes. I started changing while Drake stood at my bathroom door frame.

“Go get dress.” I ordered.

We sat down stairs at the dining room table going through all my pills. We spent two hours going through all the medicines till my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Josie, are you okay? You’re not at school.”

“Liam?” Drakes’ fists clinched together. “Why are you calling me?”

“I’m worried about you Jose. Are you at home?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m coming over.”

I didn’t have time to object before he hung up.

“What did he want?” Drake hissed.

“He’s coming over.”

A few minutes later the door bell rang. Drake let out an anger huff of air.

“I will get it.” I said giving Drake he ‘be good’ stare.

I opened the door and Liam attacked me in a bone crushing hug.

“Liam…can’t….breathe.” I managed to gasp.

“Sorry, sorry. Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. There’s reason for you to be here.”

Drake came in the room and Liam’s eyes tightened.

“What do you want Liam? We’re in the middle of something.” Drake seethed.

Liam’s eyes looked like murder was in them when he stared at Drake. (Wow, good choice of words there.)

“Wait,” I said remembering something. “Liam, isn’t your family in pharmacy?” I asked turning to him.

“Yeah? What does that have to do with anything.”

“I think you can help us.” I said.

“No.” Drake snapped. “We can do it ourselves Josie.”

“Drake, we’ve been at this for hours. Let’s just see if Liam can help us or not.”

“Hello? Help with what?” Liam asked impatiently.

“Come.” I pulled him towards the dining room.

“Dang. What have you guys been doing?” Liam asked when he saw all the pills spilled out.

“Okay, how can I explain this to you in a short amount of time….someone killed my mother and we are trying to figure out who. I think she got pills that she shouldn’t have taken and that’s what got us in a crash. And this morning someone came in my room and I heard them going through my medicine bottle.”

Liam was dumbfounded. I don’t blame him, when I listened to myself saying all that out loud it does sound a little crazy.

“This seems like something you two are doing. I don’t think I should get involved.” Liam said starting to go out the door.

I grabbed his arm and put on a sweet expression, “Please Liam? Help us? For me?” I asked in the cutest voice possible.

“Alright.” He sighed falling for it.

“Thank you.” I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Oh well this is easy.” Liam said after fifteen minutes of looking at the bottles and pills.

“What’s easy?” I asked sitting next to him.

“Well, this container is supposed to be for cramps but instead these pills were put in them.”

“Well what are those pills?” Drake asked impatiently.

“Well there is an ‘M’ imprinted on them so I’m guessing it’s for Meclizine. At least that’s what it looks like.”

My jaw dropped and so did Drakes.

Landon couldn’t have done this because he doesn’t have access to that kind of medicine. There is only one person in this house that could have done this…