Let the Bass Boom and the Lights Flicker

DOOM DOOM DOOM!

I growled. It was the second time tonight I had to redo the audio box close to the stage.
Pulling my black tank top to cover my stomach again, I walked over to the screaming fans. The concert hadn’t even started yet and I was already deafened by the shrill sounds somehow made from these disgusting girls.
Making my favourite bodyguard with me to push back the crowd slightly, I moved to the front of the stage, and the house lights in the theatre turned on.
"I’d like everyone in the front row to back up at least a foot. You are screwing up the sound system and our sound manager is kinda pissed with you right now." My best friend and unbiological twin spoke over the intercom, fiddling with her light board to make the house lights go off and a spotlight shine on me glowering at the crowd. Immediately they moved back a good two feet and started whispering angrily to each other.
Glaring down at the amplifier connections I plugged some things in that had been unplugged and kicked around by crazy fan girls and put them back where they were supposed to go, taping them in with my favourite orange electrical tape before leaving Rob there to guard it. I wasn’t going to let a bunch of underdressed whores, just trying to get to my brothers, break a one thousand dollar

machine.
Walking up to our station and being met with a blonde, black streaked pixie cut haired person sitting at her light board.
"Twin, people suck." I groaned, flopping onto my chair and fiddling with the sound board.
"Twin, people always suck at the concerts." Tessa replied, turning off the house lights.
I sighed in relaxation, grabbing my red bull. Just a few more minutes and our boys would be out there playing.
Tokio Hotel is the best band in the world, and Tessa and I have known them since we were three. I thought of the members as my brothers (because of a lack of siblings in my family) and Tess thought of them as her best friends.
We adopted each other as twin sisters when we turned four. Our birthday on the same day, our

personalities play off each other’s emotions and we are freakishly alike in many ways.
Tess’s walkie talkie went off, telling us the guys were ready. We smiled at each other and cheers’d our red bulls, wishing each other good luck.
Tessa flickered the lights behind the curtain and I turned up tom and georg’s amps, and pushed the slider up for the pickups on the drums. Nodding to Tess, she flicked the lights behind the curtains again and the guys started up with Scream.
We screamed with all the other girls as Bill came running out onto the stage and danced along to their first set. Tessa occasionally going over to her board to change up the strobes and colours of the lights, and myself going over to the windows to make sure everything was still connected and the sound was balanced.
Giving her another red bull, I sat down, killing myself laughing as she did the chicken dance as the last notes played, before sitting down herself. I turned down the mics on the guy’s instruments and turned up Bill’s so he could say hello to the crowd.
After the usual dialogue to the screaming fans, they played their next set, and Tess and I began to order around the newbies.
David Jost is the bane of our existence. He insists that we need more people for lighting and sound, and as such, hired four new people. Two for each of us to torture. We gave the regular speech before the concert which went a little something like this.
[Flashback to a few hours earlier]
Four new people came into the sound/light booth, and Tessa and Tora looked at each other, speaking through simple looks and movements, while the newbies looked at each other

uncomfortably.
Almost like it was timed, we put on completely fake (And mildly terrifying) smiles on our faces.

"Hello every one!" Tora said happily.

"What are your names?" Tessa said equally cheerful.

"Well . . . my name is – "

"Don’t care." They spoke at the same time, holding up their hand to stop them.

"The only thing we care about is how you act here." Tora spoke, grinning like a madman, tossing Tessa her third red bull that night.

"You see these? Pretty awesome aren’t they?" Tessa said, catching the red bull and pointing at our boards.

"Yes." They all said obediently.

"Well guess what?" Tessa started.

"You don’t touch them." Tora finished.

"These are our babies." Tessa said.

"Therefore, no one touches them but us." Tora said. They all nodded in understanding.

"Right now, you are the newbies, and we are the professionals. When we speak, you listen, then you do what we say. No questions asked. You will NOT meet the band, you will NOT leave this booth. Clear?" Tora asked, and leaned back in her chair, chugging her energy drink. They all nodded once again.

Tessa and Tora looked at each other and grinned, both thinking the exact same thing.
‘These four will be easy.’
[End flashback]
Little did we know how right we were. The two men were already gone, claiming we were high, and the two girls were starting to groan over the workload.

We looked at each other and at the same time said, "Don’t like it? Quit."
The other two girls looked at each other and nodded to us, leaving us to our laughter and playing with the light board.
We were only half way through the concert and we had already gotten rid of our "helpers".
An hour later, we had gotten bored.

"Tesstess! Oh my GOD! Guess WHAT?! I JUST HAD A REALLY FUCKMAZTIC IDEA!"

"Oh my GOD! GUESS WHAT?! SO DID I!"

"WOHMYGOD! My idea was to play TWISTER!"

"NO WAY! That was MY idea! Oh my god freakin idea stealer! Get outta my head!"
Looking at each other, we collapsed out of our chairs, laughing so hard we had to hold ourselves up. We acted like we were high when we had too much red bull.

"Dude, you know what would be amazingmastic?" I said, wiping tears from my eyes.

"What twin?" Tess asked, wiping her eyes as well.

"If the big boys gave us piggy back rides to the guys!" I said, laughing again. The big boys were our favorite bodyguards Max and Rob.

"Let’s ask them!" Tessa said, epically jumping to her feet and raising her fist in the air like a cheer.
There was a knock on the door as the last notes of the concert rang out through the hall, and Bill said good night. Still laughing like hell, we turned off our boards, turned on the house lights and walked to the door.

It opened and Max and Rob came in and we looked to each other, and killed ourselves laughing again.

Rob looked over at Max, and they sighed, throwing us over their shoulders as they did every concert and bringing us to our best friends. They opened the door to the dressing room and put us on the couch as we tried to stop laughing.

I stood up, pulling up Bill’s skinny jeans and pulling my tank top back into place.

"You guys look like you just had sex." Tom said, walking into the room, soaked in sweat and grabbing a towel.

"Maybe we did big brother." I said, sitting on Tess’ lap and stared deeply into her eyes . . . while crossing mine.

We both laughed and I got up again.

"Yea whatever Tora." Tom said, looking away and taking a swig of water.

Gustav and Georg entered then, Gustav limping and Georg supporting him.

Tess got up and took out a little baggie from her pocket with a Tylenol in it and I grabbed a water. At the same time, we threw the items at him and, just like every concert, he smiled gratefully at us.

Georg smiled, "Thanks guys, hey Tora?"

I looked over at him with a small questioning look, pulling up Bill’s jeans again.

Georg looked at my choice of pants and grinned. "Bill’s gonna kill you."

"No he won’t. I’ll hide behind my amazing, muscular big brothers and they will protect me right?" I said.

Georg sighed, "Yea, yea."

Tessa suddenly jumped from her seat on the couch next to Tom.

"Zoh my god! I just had an Idea!" she screamed to the room.

"What is it Tessa?" Bill asked, coming into the room, drying his face with a towel.

"Let’s go back to the hotel and have an epic sleep over of doom destruction and skittles!" Tessa and I said at the same time.

The guys looked at us strangely.

"You know, even after seventeen years we still don’t understand how you two do that. We don’t even do that and we’re actually twins!" Bill said and threw up his arms.

"That's because we’re speeshal and you’re just special." We replied with smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is slightly insane but i really like this 1st chapter i love commenters and commenters get skittley love!