Scarlet

Edward

I turned around slowly with my fingers crossed out of sight, hoping it was someone familiar.

“Gerard!” I shouted out in surprise.

“What are you doing, Scarlet?” He asked. His eyes were pitch black and his hair was all scuffed up.

“Walking; what else does it look like?” I said, rolling my eyes.

“You’re not meant to be out.” He growled. Suddenly, he was a foot away from me.

“What happened?! Everything went still in mid air!” I said, confused.

“One of the bad ass vampires has the power to stop time, except other vampires can move around.” Gerard explained.

“. . .Why?” I said, scratching my head.

“Well, first of all, he was hibernating for thousands of years. . . until now. He wanted time to stop so he could check out the new human technology and to feed on still prey 'cause he’s too hungry and weak to catch them. So, I want you inside.” He said angrily, frustrated.

“I can’t be kept in that house like a prisoner!” I shouted, angry as well.

“Well, it's better than being out here and having you bitten!” He argued.

“That would be a great idea; then, I will be just like my parents!” I yelled. I pushed him aside and walked off. But he was too fast and was in front of me in seconds.

“You don’t want to be a vampire. Trust me; it’s dangerous.” He warned, calming himself.

“I don’t care! It's better than being locked up in a freaking house!” I shouted, still steamed. He grabbed my arms tightly and looked deep in my eyes, furious.

“Gerard, get off me!” I whimpered.

“No.” He told me sternly.

“Please! Just get off, you're hurting me!” I cried.

“Get back inside!” He grumbled.

“Never.” I defied, shaking my head. “Why are you here, anyway? Aren’t you meant to be hunting or finding him or something?” I continued.

“Yes, and I’m hungry. But, first of all, I want you inside.” He emphasized.

“So, you’ve been spying on me?” I accused.

“Yes; for your own good.” He admitted.

“You’re such a pain, Gerard! Why did I ever meet you?!” I spat through gritted teeth.

“Well, you’re the one wh-” He suddenly stopped, removing his gaze from me.

“What is it?” I asked, looking around.

“Shh...” He whispered as he covered my mouth with his hand, grabbing me by the waist. I looked around, terrified, but felt oddly safe in his tight arms.

“Go inside, Scarlet.” He mumbled in my ear.

I nodded my head and I bolted to the front door. I got in and I shut it quietly. I turned around, man was standing in front of me. His arms were crossed and he smirked. His eyes were dark red, his brown hair was spiked up. I was terrified to the point of trembling. Was this the same vampire that stopped time?

“Ah, Scarlet.” He said, smirking. I started screaming as loud as I could; he just laughed at me. My knees gave way, dropping me to the floor.

“Gerard!” I wailed. I couldn’t get up; I was basically stuck kneeling on the ground. The vampire walked slowly towards me.

“He cant help you. I’m more powerful; I can stop time, I can stop people in their tracks; he can’t hear you.” He said as he crouched in front of me, smirking still.

To Be Contiued....