Status: On hiatus indefinitely, pending re-write.

Bleeding, Just For The Attention

Jump Forward

I took another sip of my drink, trying not to stare at the man sitting across from me.
Pete Wentz.
Is here.
To sign us.

“So I had some time to kill, and decided I’d come to see you guys play. See if you were any good live. And here I am.” Pete finished off his explanation of the reason he was here.

“Hang on a second,” Davie frowned. “Why’d you decide to check out our page? There must be hundreds of bands sending you messages every 10 seconds.”

“Well, I know this sounds bad, but your display picture looked interesting.”

Steve smirked at me.

shut up i mouthed back at him, hoping Pete wouldn’t see.

He did, and burst out laughing.

“So would the four of you like to be signed to Decaydance? Bear in mind that you would have to come to America for quite a few months.”

“Yes!” We all shouted.

Pete laughed again.

“All right then, give me your phone numbers, and I’ll get the official stuff sorted out when i get back, and I’ll call you then.” He pulled his sidekick from his pocket awkwardly.

those are some very tight jeans

After he had typed in all of the numbers, he checked his messages while we sat around talking quietly, feeling very self conscious.

“Looks like I’ve got an invite to a party.” He flipped his phone shut. “Who wants to come?”

“I... have revision for a test to do.” I sighed.
stupid fucking school

“I’d love to come.” I looked over at Davie.

“You have to work early tomorrow morning. Remember?” i glared at him.

“Meh, it’s just work.” He brushed me off.

Pete shrugged. “What about you two? Shane? Steve?”

“I’ve got to work.” Steve glared at Davie. “seeing as I’ll be the only one in.”

“Whatever.” Davie turned his attention to Shane. “What about you? You don’t have anything to do.”

Shane looked uncomfortable. He was torn between wanting to go out with Pete, and not wanting to be around Davie.

“I think I’ll pass, I’ll help Elise with her revision.” He said, looking down at the table.

“Okay then you guys.” Pete said, standing up and moving out of the booth. “I guess I’ll be seeing you again sometime soon.” He waved goodbye, pulling his hoodie over his head, with Davie following.

The three of us waved back, and walked towards the van.

It was a long drive home, even with the sparse traffic, and Shane had begun to fall asleep in the passenger seat. Steve was being his usual un-talkative self. I’d be offended, but to be honest I didn’t really feel like talking either. We were finally getting signed after being rejected by almost every record label known to man. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I’d gotten into the habit of leaving it on silent ever since the episode in the library. I pulled it out and opened the text.

Do you know where Davie is?
- Rachel.


Ah, Davie’s gone and left his fuckbuddy behind.
Well done by all.
I started my reply.

He left to go to a party. Thought he told you.
- Lee


I felt bad for Rachel. She wasn’t a skank like the others. But she didn’t really expect Davie to be such an ass.

No, i thought maybe he’d left with you, i know you two went out awhile ago.
- Rachel


I threw my phone across the back seat in frustration.
We went out two years ago. Why couldn’t it just be forgotten?
I leant forwards and turned on the radio, tuning it to the “alternative” station.
They were wrapping up their unsigned artists request show.

“So that was Straight 80. Our last request is from Ian in Richmond. He wants Surface Over Substance by The Broken, and he’d like to dedicate it to his wonderful girlfriend Sally. Well this is for you Sally!” the song began and i groaned.

Nobody seemed to actually listen to the lyrics anymore. I wrote Surface Over Substance about a certain ex-boyfriend who was secretly fucking my best friend because she was the pretty one.

“Hey it’s one of our songs!” Shane shouted, apparently wide awake.

Jump forward to America.
Skip the tedium of school.
The arguments on education versus music career.
The plane ride.
Straight to the airport.
Vegas, baby.