Status: This story the conclusion to I Hate...Why Did You Kiss Me?

If You Hate Me So Much, Draco Malfoy, Why Did You Propose?

Chapter Nineteen

Ennie stood staring out the window of her new room watching guests arrive. 95% of them Ennie was positive she had never met in her life. The room she would have shared with Draco if they were actually spending the night together that night. Ennie sighed. Ennie thought about Draco sending her to Australia with out him. After everything that had happened this summer the idea of being separated from him felt like losing a limb.

The day before Draco went on his extravagant date with Pansy and he didn't come back that night. Ennie knew this was what it meant for them to be together, but it was driving her crazy not being able to know if they had sex or not. Ennie's hand went to her stomach. and what if I'm pregnant? Does that change anything? Ennie wanted so badly to talk to Draco again at least once before their ceremony and her speedy transport to Australia. What if I am pregnant and my baby never meets his or her father?

Ennie stumbled at the thought feeling light headed and Polly steadied her, "Careful dear."

"I haven't eaten anything all day." Ennie whispered to her mother.

"Good. Would you like some water?" Polly asked.

"No" Ennie said straightening herself, "Could I get a few moments alone with my mother-in-law please?"

Polly pursed her lips. There was no reason for her to argue against it accept for the feeling she was losing control of her daughters emotions. There was no way she could bring this up with Mrs. Malfoy present. "15 minutes." She said blandly leaving the room.

"Aunt," Ennie said feeling her self getting chocked up.

"Aw don't cry sweety your makeup will run." Mrs. Malfoy used her french manicured nail to get rid of the tear attempting to form.

"I need to you to promise me something Aunty." Ennie said taking Mrs. Malfoy's hands in hers.

"Anything,"

"Promise no matter what you will not let Draco out of your sight not even for two seconds." Ennie said, "He works so hard to be worthy for my father and sometimes it puts him in over his head. I need you to-"

"I know my son Ennie." Mrs. Malfoy said with an edge to her words, "And I love my son. I would never"-

"Please...For me... Just promise?" Ennie said tightening her grip on Mrs. Malfoy's hand.

"I promise."

Ennie sighed and closed her eyes, "Thank you." That will have to suffice. Ennie thought sadly.

Her veil suddenly obscured her sight. She turned and it was Mrs. Malfoy that had applied the finishing touch. The day proceeded like any normal wizard wedding. At the reception Draco dragged Ennie wedding dress and all to a cloak room.

Ennie's smile finally left her face and she said frustrated, "Why are we here again?"

"To smile pretty for the camera's." Draco said. His face looked concerned as he felt her forehead as if checking for a fever. He took off her gloves and examined each one of her manicured hand.

"What are you doing?" Ennie giggled.

"How are you feeling?" Draco asked moving his hand to touch her mark. Ennie shivered from his heat she closed her eyes and leaned into his hand like a cat starved for attention.

"I'm ok," Ennie whispered, "I was a little woozy before because I hadn't eaten but I feel better now."

"When were you planning on telling me you might be pregnant?" Draco interrogated, "Through an urgent owl during times like these? It would be intercepted and your father would know before I did."

"I didn't know it was my job." Ennie said offended, "It takes two to tango last time I checked. You were there we did do any protective charms."

Draco sighed and leaned his head against Ennie's before saying, "I had sex with Pansy last night."

"I could have guessed as much since you didn't come home last night." Ennie said matter-of-factly.

"How would you know? We just got our wedding suite this morning?"

"If you came home you would have come immediately to my room and done something to wake me up. "

"How do you know?"

"Because you would be so tired of Pansy's company you wouldn't be able to help it." Ennie said perking one eyebrow, "Besides that if i and pregnant it doesn't even have a heart beat yet." Something clicked in Ennie's head that made her mad, "You didn't even thing about the fact I could be pregnant until you saw Pansy do a protective charm." Ennie reached for the knob to the door, "Why am I in here with you?" She cracked it and Draco slammed it shut again, "Let me out."

"Do you remember what you said to me earlier this week?" Draco said in her ear making her shiver again.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"We have to trust each other." Draco said turning her by her shoulders to face him "Do you still believe in me?"

"Of course I do." Ennie said, "But,"

"Then shut-up and be still for a little bit." Draco commanded before leaning to kiss her. Ennie's resolve melted by the third kiss. Draco began to kiss down her neck and then suddenly sunk to his knees. Ennie's heart pounded as he laid his head on her stomach.

Ennie's hand went to Draco's head and she laughed a little, "Draco I already told you"-

"I said shut up." Draco said wrapping his arms around Ennie's waist so he could bury his face. His voice was slightly muffled by the wedding dress fabric as he said, "I dreamed about him last night. His hair is jet black like yours but he could be my mirror image in the face." Draco looked up and smiled at Ennie and Ennie couldn't help but smile back. Draco stood and they kissed again. Fifteen minutes later they re-entered the party separately to search for their lovers.

Ennie dressed in black cloaks for that night. She didn't even get to say goodbye to Draco before Crabbe and Goyle put her in her carriage to Australia.

***

In the middle of the night, Ennie heard Scipio's shrieks for his morning feeding. She stumbled out of bed half sleep and working from muscle memory. Something happened that woke her up completely. Scipio's screams stopped before she'd reached his room. Ennie rushed to the nursery to find a cloaked figure holding her finicky baby. Ennie pulled out her wand and said shakily, "Show yourself." The hooded figure lifted it's head and the hood fell revealing silvery-yellow hair.

"Idiot." He sneered when he turned to her, "Hasn't anyone ever told you to keep the crib in the same room? It means you won't have to go as far to get the baby. He should wait for no one." Ennie's eyes blurred and she was unable to speak, "Don't you have anything to say to your husband who went through hell and high water to get to you? How ungreatful."

Ennie regained her composure and wiped her eyes before saying, "Give me my baby." She held out her hands to Draco as she entered.

"I thought it took too to tango." Draco said smirking, "Besides, he's already back to sleep." He returned the infant to his bed. When he turned to Ennie, he dragged her out of the nursery. Draco pull her into a warm embrace. Ennie squeezed he back and he said in Ennie's ear, "He did it."

"Who did what?" Ennie asked a little frantic.

"Your father is dead."

"Whose side where you on anyway?" Ennie giggle swipping a tear that attemted to eek out of Draco's eye.

"The point is it's over and we can live how we want to live." Draco said laughing. He kissed her caressing her mark for the first time in a year.