Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

FOOTBALL! (Pt. 2)

“Betcha can’t tackle me.” Alex taunted me, looking at me while we lined up. I was on a team with Gabe, Rian, and Alley we got Matt also, the uneven player, since apparently it ‘wasn’t fair that there were two girls on the team’. “Ready?”

“Oh, I’m ready for it.” I challenged.

“COME ON BRING IT!” Gabe finished loudly for me just as Jack snapped the ball to Zack. Alex dodged past me, motioning to Zack for the ball. Alex caught it and started running, too ‘fast’ for me at the moment.

Rian tackled Alex to the ground for me. I decided I was going to make him think I couldn’t do it.

It was their third down, and they were only about three yards from the goal post we made (which were just sticks jabbed into the ground with little red ribbons tied around them). This time when Jack hiked the ball to Zack, Zack ran with it. And scored.

Shoot. I pouted. Alex stuck his tongue out at me, “Real mature!” I said then stuck my tongue out at him. Football brought people together.

Alley had the ball when we scored our touchdown, Zack coming up and decided not to tackle her since she was about a foot shorter (like me) and four years younger. I high fived my younger sister, and kicked the ball off to the other team. Alex caught it, and I couldn’t wait any longer.

I hit him in his side, catching him off guard he went down. I think just bruised my collarbone, I winced as we both hit the ground. “Ha!” I shouted anyway, despite my pain. “Told you!” I jumped up to do a little victory dance, careful not to move my shoulder around…yup…definitely hurt.

“Yeah?” Alex raised his eyebrows, jumping up to tackle me again.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!” I cried out as my shoulder made contact with the ground.

“What?” Alex jumped up, panicked a little. “Did I hurt you?”

“No, I did it myself.” I winced, sitting up. The rest of the group were gathered around, Makahla too. I pulled my shirt down over my shoulder, to look at my collarbone, a bruise was already forming. Though I was still happy about proving Alex wrong, I was hurt… “Ooooouuuuuccchiiiiieeeeesssss.” I moaned, falling back onto the ground. “This sucks.” I scoffed. “I don’t think I like Karma…”

“Can I poke it?” Jack asked, finger poised over my shoulder.

“NO!” I shouted in protest, jerking away, causing it to hurt more. “I’m going to get some ice to put on it…” I mumbled, getting up. Alex followed close behind, apologizing vehemently. “It’s okay, Alex.” I said, flinching as I tried to put ice on the swelling. “I’m fine, really.” I assured.

“I feel like a jerk.” He said, “I tackled a girl.” He pouted at me. That isn’t what made him a jerk…I stopped my train of thought, wondering when I got so…mean. This is what Alex did to me, he made me into someone I used to be, but didn’t want to be any longer. “Forgive me?”

“Sure.” I smiled, not wanting to be mad anymore. I was going to work through this as best as I could. I pushed all of my negative emotions to the side and followed Alex outside again. For the rest of the game, I was pressured into sitting out with Makahla.

“You know, it sucks being the danger prone ones…” Makahla sighed, swinging her cast for emphasis.

“Yeah, pretty much.” I matched her tone, looking again at my bruise. “I’m pretty sure I landed on a rock.” I stuck my bottom lip out.

“Well…we’re leaving later tonight for Denver…” Makahla trailed off. I frowned, I didn’t get to see my niece and nephew…and I didn’t actually know how much I missed Utah.

I sighed, leaning against the jungle gym, looking up into the June sky, noticing it getting dark.

After the game of football, we decided to have a camp fire. “I’m going to go call Mike, to tell him to hang before I leave.” I patted Makahla on the back as I walked from the noise to pull out my cell phone.

“Hey, Mike…do you want to come over to this bonfire we’re having?” I asked.

“Yeah, of course. Be there in like ten minutes.”

“Thanks, Mike.” I smiled, a little sad and still confused. There were so many good things with Mike, I knew where I stood with him, and I also knew what would happen if we got back together. With Alex, it was just a big mystery…and…I don’t know how I felt about that.

Sighing, I went back to roast Starburst over the flame Jack set up. I don’t know why someone trusted Jack with that task, but he did a rather good job. I waited for Mike, and when I saw his car turn down the street, I ran to meet him. I felt like I had two years ago, when Mike and I were dating. “Come on, we’re making banana boats. I have to teach everyone so let’s hurry.” I pulled him to the end of the field where had the fire pit.

There was a card table set up with banana, M&Ms, Rolos, sprinkles, marshmallows, and anything else chocolate and sugary. “We made a Wal-Mart run.” I smiled.



“I don’t get it!” Alex whined. I rolled my eyes, moving away from Mike.

“It’s not that hard,” I grabbed his hand that held the banana. “You smoosh it down.” I got the spoon and smashed the banana (still in the peel with a cut down the length of it) “You like M&Ms?” I asked, not paying attention to how close we were as I leaned over to get some M&Ms out of the bowl. “And chocolate syrups, Rolos, Sprinkles, peanuts, and chocolate chips.” I piled it on. “Wrap it in tin foil.” I took it from him and wrapped it in the shiny paper. I walked it over to the fire. “And you throw it in.” I said, tossing it into the fire. I turned and smile. “Not hard, now make another one for yourself.”

“What about whipped cream?” Alex held up the can.

“No! That goes on the ice cream after you take the banana out. It goes on the side, then serve and eat!”

“It’s also known as 'Diabetes Explosion'!” Mike commented, already eating his. I laughed at him and started to say something back, before getting sprayed in the face with whipped cream.

“Alex!” I squealed, wiping it off. “You jerk!” I laughed, grabbing one of the other cans. “You know what really works to get your hair into that perfect messiness?” I asked with a mischievous grin. I sprayed it on him, rubbing it in his hair. I didn’t lift my left arm that far because I was still kind of sore. “See? Perfect.” I smiled, taking a step back to admire my work.

“You did not.” Alex said, appalled look on his face. Which only made me smile wider.

“I believe I just did.” I teased. I hopped away as Alex started after me, the whole group watched on in amusement. I hid behind Mike. “Save me!” I squeaked.

It went on like that, Mike protecting me from Alex. “My banana boat!” I yelled, rushing to the fire. I got it with the large tongs. It was so hot even the tinfoil was black.

“I ruined it!” I whined. Mike kneeled down next to me to look at the charred foil, a contemplating look on his face. He smacked his lips together.

“Only one thing left to do.” He said, pulling me up. “Make another one.” I noticed out hands were still together as we made another banana boat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I'm not going to be mad at Alex anymore!
Bluergh....
Second update of the night. More Blink 182 for tonight while working on all of these wonderful stories for my wonderful readers! I LOVE YOU ALL!

By the way, this is the last chapter in my point of view before Makahla's POV is started again. There's cuteness, sadness, and of course, a few Hi jinks. :)