Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

Deadlines, Deadlines, Deadlines.

“Don't you think it's time for a break?” I asked Sara, as she worked on her stuff.

“Nope,” She replied, distracted. She had been working nonstop for the passed two hours, still running on no sleep.

“What if we let you pick the movie?” I coaxed, holding up the Playstation controller, implying that she could look on Netflix if she wanted. She glanced over, seeming to think about it for a little. I saw her tapping her fingers, biting her lip. It was a tough decision.

“Can we watch Anastasia?” She asked, leaving her computer open and plugged in to the outlet and coming to sit on the couch between Alex and I. Jack was on my other side, Rian and Zack were each on bean bags.

“I've never seen that movie before.” Alex admitted, looking for it on the instant queue.

“Right there!” Sara exclaimed, pointing to it.

“It looks like a chick movie.” Rian commented

“It's about the Princess Anastasia who went missing after the tragedy with the Romanov family and Tsar Nicholas II's death. Though it's not historically correct with what actually happened, it's still awesome.” I explained.

“I think my sister liked watching this movie...forever ago.” Jack recalled.

“I watched it almost everyday for two years when it came out.” Sara put in. “I am in love with this movie. If I could marry a movie, it would probably be this one.”

“Fine, we'll watch it.” Alex said, pressing the 'X' button, making the movie start loading up.

“Yay!” Sara clapped her hands together, sitting back in the cushions of the couch. I hope she falls asleep, she needs to sleep! I knew the chances of her sleeping were slim to none as she started singing along with Anya. I sighed, knowing my plan had failed.

“That dress is ugly as fu--” Rian was interrupted by Sara's glare. “I mean, it's really really ugly.” He corrected.

“It is pretty ugly,” Alex put in as Anastasia lifted it up to look inside, “She even says so herself.” He pointed out.

“That's an oxymoron. Pretty ugly.” I announced.

“Will you shush your faces?” Sara said, still looking at the screen. “I'm trying to watch this movie.”

“Aw man! HE SHOULD HAVE KISSED HER!” Jack shouted just as Demetri pulled away from Anastasia on the boat. Sara reached over me to slap him lightly on the hand

I laughed to myself... “Guess what guys...” I started. “They're on a boat.” To which the whole place erupted in laughter.

“Hush, the evil guy is speaking.” Alex shushed, leaning in to hear the movie. Sara smiled at him. He was actually enjoying it? What?

As the movie went on, both Sara and Alex were completely lost in it, the others were just watching it because it was on.

“THEY GOT MARRIED!!!” Alex cheered at the end, jumping up from his seat to clap. Sara joined him, smiling widely.

“I can't believe you've never seen that movie before...” Sara trailed off, going back over to her computer. I frowned at her.

“Oh, crap!” Zack exclaimed, “We were supposed to go to the venue twenty minutes ago!” Zack stood up and pulled on a shirt, heading out the bus.

“Matt will murder us!” Rian rushed.

“I blame you!” Jack pointed at Sara before leaving.

“I'll have Jack text you when you're supposed to come in. Just through the back, alright?” Alex said to her, waiting for a nod of confirmation before leaving.

Now that it was nice and quiet, I sat back with my laptop, and started working on my book again. I haven't got much work on it done with Jack peering over my shoulder every moment for spoilers on it. That boy, I swear.

After the show, Sara sat back down at her station in the corner. “Is she okay, she's swaying.” Jack whispered to me, though his eyes were on my computer screen. I shut it and looked at Sara, not before noticing Jack pout slightly.

She was swaying! “Sara?” I called, but she didn't stop. I started to get up, but Alex beat me to it. He sat next to her with a beanbag and leaned against it, Sara tucked under his arm. It looked like she was already asleep.

“If those two don't hurry up and do something, I'm going to go crazy.” Jack whispered in my ear.

“You know, this time, I agree with you. I don't even care if he's still going out with Lisa.” I whispered back. “I mean, I do...but not really.” I amended.

“Surprisingly, I get what you mean.” Jack laughed. “Now, are you going to tell me what's going to happen?”

“No!” I exclaimed, laughing a little at how persistent he was being.

….

“I AM FINISHED!” Sara ran into the room, holding two disks in her hand. “Now all I have to do is mail them in, email it, just in case, and relax.” She sighed, getting out a bubble wrap mailer envelope. Scribbling the address, she looked out the window of the bus. We were still moving. The smile on her face faltered a little bit, but she turned to the group standing around, “When will we be stopping?” She asked.

“In about an hour and a half.” Matt replied, looking at his watch. “Why?”

“I just have to mail this thing out to Dis-” She stopped. “Dez, my assistant.” She corrected, almost giving her secret away to Matt. Yeah, if I were her, I wouldn't want to be subjected to his powerful Disney obsession. I mean, have you seen his bunk? That man needs rehab.

“Good, you're done.” I said, “And you even had half a day to spare.” I congratulated. “Now, go to sleep.”

As soon as the words left my mouth, she yawned widely, tears at the corner of her eyes. “Okay.” She nodded, handing me the envelope. “This is my life, I'm entrusting it to you, make sure it gets mailed out.” She then leaned in close to my ear and whispered, “And please, for Pete's sake, don't let Matt see the address.”

“Gotcha.” I smiled, winking. This was the last deadline she would have in a while, so from now on it was pretty much smooth sailing for her. Which means...twice the party!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm yawning. But Kekkaishi is on, so I must continue watching it until it is over.
I have a sore throat and my eyes are all watery. I think I'm getting sick. Maybe staying up late it's such a great idea.
What's worse is, just now, my nose started running.

I FEEL LIKE POO!