Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

The Final Chapter...

“I'm taking you out tonight.” Alex said after a few more moments in each others arms.

I pulled back, “Okay, where?”

Alex looked at the clock, “It's a surprise, but I need you ready in...twenty minutes.” He nodded, standing up straight. I beamed.

“Can do, cap-ee-tan.” I mispronounced as I saluted and started to the guest room where Makahla and I were staying for the time being. Makahla and Kaitie both followed me and started fussing over what I would wear. With about ten seconds to spare, they had me in a long orange flowy hippie skirt and a white v-neck with a little bit of wave to my naturally straight hair. I refused to let them put makeup on me. They topped it off with a thin yellow headband around my head. I kind of felt ridiculous as I went out to meet Alex and slid on the grey converse. You couldn't see them with the skirt anyway.

“I feel kind of stupid.” I confessed as soon as I was buckled in and Alex was driving Kaitie's car.

“I think you look beautiful.” Alex quipped, making me blush.

“Thanks.” I said, picking at my nails. “You know, this is really our first time alone alone together.” I mentioned.

He gave a toothy smile, “Huh, imagine that.”

“It's...quiet and nice.” And with my comment, we fell into a comfortable silence. That is, until I remembered everything he had said to me earlier. “So, you heard on skype...what I said?” I said quietly. I stared out the side window. “About my father?” I finished with a whisper.

I heard him shift a little, “It broke my heart.” He finally said, “To hear that...to think of that happening to you. And I was torn apart when I saw you cry.” He finished.

“That's why...” I sighed, breathing out slowly through my nose to steady my voice. “Have you ever wondered why we live out in the middle of nowhere?”

“You like privacy?” Alex shrugged, his tone relaxed though contrary to the mood.

I laughed twice, then shook my head, serious again, “A couple years ago, just after Mike left on his mission, my dad announced that he was going to try and adopt a child with his wife. After all that he did, I thought I couldn't care less about him. But, the news still hurt...you know? Every girls wants a great dad, right?” I started. “I mean, I get he changed, but he's never said he's sorry for the right thing. And, I always thought that, saying sorry doesn't mean much, because you can be sorry without actually saying it, you know? And, I know I should forgive everyone, but I...I just couldn't forgive him. I can't...”

“And you don't have to, Sara, he doesn't deserve it.” Alex put in, moving his hand from the steering wheel onto the gear shift.

“I wanted to have a father to give me away at my wedding, teach me to play catch, wait outside the door conveniently cleaning his shotgun as I walked my first boyfriend to meet him, all that stereotypical silly dad stuff...and I didn't get that. And he wanted to give it to another couple's child?” I unloaded this as he drove silently. I watched trees pass out the window.

“I was being selfish, and without Mike, I didn't have my support system.”

“What about Makahla?” He asked.

“I've already put all this other emotional baggage on her before, and she was busy with her books, they were getting popular, she had deadlines...she barely had time to pee, let alone let me sob on her shoulder.” I shrugged, “Without that...I shut down. I couldn't be around anyone....so once Kahla got some time off we drove, came across that house, run down for sure, but liveable. I got some workers, fixed it up and then I didn't the interior and painting...just for something to do. Then, away from everyone I could clear my head, stay sane...work things out.”

“So, why were so easy to convince to go with us?” Alex wondered.

“It's kind of hard to say no when All Time Low asks you to go tour.” It was my turn to joke, but then I answered his question with the actual answer, “I have issues, I know I do...and I'm working on them. And, well, Makahla helped me through it all...and she's a people person, and she's been away from them for so long. I saw how much she wanted to go...to do something more exciting than live in that house...I wanted to make up for it, at least a little. Even if it caused my anxiety and even a little pain. She wanted to go, and she wouldn't have if I didn't.” I finished, looking out the front window now.

As another silence settled, Alex took my hand from my lap and held it in his own on the console between us. I smiled as I looked at our hands, twisted between us. “You think about others a little too much, you know?”

“I think to believe I think of them just enough.” I shot back as he pulled into a venue parking lot. He ran to open my door for me, “Who's playing and how did you get tickets?” I asked curiously.

“You'll see. I've had them for about two days, even if you had rejected me, which I'm glad you didn't, by the way, I would've taken jack. He made me promise. So, thanks.” Alex laughed.

“Hold up.” I held up a finger, signaling him to wait. I slipped my skirt off, revealing my jeans. “Snuck them on when I said I had to pee, I hate skirts.” I explained to Alex's questioning eyes. ''Since we were a tad late, we got in without a wait and went backstage. “Christofer Drew?” I said, open mouthed as we walked towards him, hand in Alex's.

“Hey, G-Karth, how's it hanging?” They did some sort of handshake.

“A little to the left, you?” Alex answered.

“Same. Who is this pretty little lady?” Christofer mentioned, making me blush slightly.

“I may be shorter than you, but that doesn't mean I'm little.” I replied smartly.

“This red-haired wisecracker is Sara, my girlfriend.” Alex introduced, slinging an arm around my shoulder and pulling me to him.

“Oh, the one you sanf 'Remembering Sunday' with?”

“Does everyone and their dog know about that?” I asked, slightly frustrated. Christofer looked down at me and smiled.

“Yeah, pretty much. You've gotten a little bit famous because of it.” He nodded.

“That's wonderful.” I sighed, but I kind of felt special.

“You have a nice voice.” Christofer shrugged.

“Thanks.” I blushed. Alex squeezed me tighter.

“You're adorable when you blush.” He whispered in my ear, shaking me gently back and forth.

“So, how long have you been together? One month, two?” Christofer asked.

“About...” Alex looked at his watch. “30 Minutes?” He calculated quickly.

“Seriously?” Christofer exclaimed, “In the videos of you two...your stage presence...wow.” He shook his head, laughing to himself.

..

“I'm sorry, Alex...I'm leaving you for Christofer Drew.” I said while we stood sidestage just swaying to the music. He was currently performing 'Hummingbird'

“What?” Alex played along, “No! WHY?”

“His lyrics are so adorable and his voice is so sweet!” I explained like it was the simplest thing in the world.

Before Alex could respond, Christofer cut in, with a happy smile, we hadn't even realized he was finished with his set, “Thanks for coming out, you two.” He hugged us, I was a little grossed out by his, but it was Christofer Drew. So I didn't really mind.

“It was our pleasure.” I hugged back, “Trust me.”

“That's a debatable subject.” Christofer pulled back to tell me, “You give good hugs.” He said said, hugging me again. I laughed my thank you.

“All right, all right, Ingle. Hands off my lady.” Alex pulled my away possessively, only joking.

…...............

“Want to grab a shake or something?” Alex asked as he saw a Dairy Queen up ahead.
“Sure.” I nodded, “I believe they're called Blizzards, though.”

“Smarty-pants.” Alex smiled and pulled into the lot.

In honor of the nice night, we sat down at the tables outside with our frozen treats. As soon as we were situated, I dug my spoon into the ice cream. “So, how do you do it?” Alex asked.

“I stopped licking my spoon happily to look up at him, “Do what?”

“Stay so...nice.” He looked as if he wasn't sure if that's the was he should have worded it.

I threw my head back and groaned, “Not this again.”

“Come on, humor me. I mean...it's not just that you're nice...it's...you don't drink, don't smoke, don't curse...you cry when those ASPCA commercials come on with all those abused animal. You even help old people across the street. You're just so...unique.”

“Okay, for one!” I help up one finger, “Those commercials are freaking sad, okay? And two,” I held up a second finger, “I do terrible things.” I told him, “Horrid beyond comprehension.”

“Yeah?” Alex smiled to show his disbelief, “Like what?” Since I didn't really expect him to challenge it, even though I should have, I didn't have a comeback. I paused for a moment to think.

“I...” I trailed off, “I cheat at solitaire!”

“Everyone does.” Alex scoffed, “Plus, it's a game...against yourself.

“Fine...” I put my spoon back in my cup. “I'm going to do something bad. Right now.”

“Am I finally going to hear you say a 'wordy dird'?” He added finger quotes. It's what I called swearing, thanks to a moment of dyslexia.

“No.” I put my Blizzard down on the table in front of us, scooting closer to him, “It's bad to kiss on the first date...makes you seem easy.” I could see his mind trying to process what I was saying.

“Oh.” He nodded, leaning, putting his Blizzard beside mine. Our lips touched together softly, just once and were opened our eyes, noses still touching.

For some reason, I scooted even closer to him, bringing our lips together again. It was perfect...magical,,,intense. I liked it. A lot. I liked it so much, in fact, that I didn't want to stop. As our lips moved together, Alex's hand cupped my cheek. He tasted like that triple fudge brownie Blizzard he had been eating. His lips were soft, but forceful.

I stretched up, like a flower towards light, and ran my fingers through his soft hair, my other hand holding the side of his face, making it so he couldn't pull away. Not that he wanted to.

I was so relaxed against him and oblivious to the world that I was startled away from him as his phone rang, a blink 182 song blaring from his pocket.

I was so unfocused, I couldn't think of the name, to out of it to realized who he was talking to even though I had seen the screen.

“You're getting married?” Alex said, confused, “To who?” And, apparently, Alex couldn't think straight either.
♠ ♠ ♠
After the long wait, it's finally here!!!
The last chapter!
The ending!

Of course, with the way it ended, there will be a sequel...DUH!!!
It probably won't be out for a while though, so...I don't know..
Whateversssss.
But, you know...you shouldn't get too bummed....
You can always read this story: When I Look at the Stars, I Feel Like Myself
You know, to fill the void the ending of this story has left in you.
No, I'm not ashamed that I just whored out my own story... :D

Anyway, WE ARE SO GRATEFUL!!!!!!!!
Like, seriously, you guys are the freaking BEST!!!!!
And, you stuck through the long waits for updates, and that makes you even more amazing.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want details about the sequel, I'm sure Makahla wouldn't object to me spoiling you guys a little bit, just leave a comment on the comment page and...
I'll answer ONE question to you guys. Each commenter.
So, make it good.
One, because I don't want to give TOO much away.
:DDDDDD

As always, love you guys and have a splendid day/night/afternoon...WHATEVER IT MAY BE!!!
<3 Sara Michelle