Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

817, FTSK

I watched as Sara smiled, shaking her head at Alex. “I give them two weeks, tops.” Jack mentioned, appearing beside me. I looked over at him, sly smile and eyebrows raised.

“Yeah, right.” I rolled my eyes. “Knowing Sara, it won’t be until tour practically ends.”

“Yeah, but Alex is persistent.”

“Sara’s clueless and stubborn. A really bad combination.” I shrugged. Jack laughed, leaning against the am next to me.

“I wonder what he’s going to do about Li—“ Jack stopped suddenly. I turned my head to look at him.

“Li--?” I ended it in a question.

“Lindsey Lohan. The chick won’t stop calling him after he met her at a night club.” Jack covered swiftly, but I didn’t believe his story. Not one bit.

“Nice try, Jack-a-roo, but Lindsey Lohan is a lesbo. Spill.” I commanded, giving him a stern look.

“You can’t tell Sara.” Jack raised his hands up in surrender.

“She’s my best friend, I tell her everything.” I shook my head, not going to take the deal but still planning on making him tell me.

“Promise you won’t tell her!” Jack whined. “Alex will kill me if she finds out. At least…I’m pretty sure he will.”

“I don’t make promises I can’t keep.” I said.

“Fine, then. I’m. Not. Telling.” Jack gloated like a five year old in their ‘I know something you don’t know’ voice. And he started to walk away.

“Jack! You hyperactive spider monkey, tell me!” I shouted after him. I had said it so loud that people turned to stare at us. Jack skipped away still. “Jerk! I won’t tell her then!” I shouted, knowing I would regret this decision later.

Jack came running back, face excited. “Okay, so you know how Alex is totally putting the moves on Sara?” He gossiped, reminding me of old spinsters with 50 thousand cats.

“Duh, you spinster, get to the point.” I tapped my foot impatiently.

“Well, Alex already has a main squeeze.” Jack giggled conspiratorially. I looked over at the two, Alex was tickling Sara, who was laughing and trying to get away.

“That good-for-nothing, two timing, sex monger, idiot, nincompoop!” I shouted again, causing the two playing on the stage to look up surprised. Alex’s arms were around Sara’s waist as she bent over.

Jack slapped his hand over my mouth as I started to say more. “Shh! You said you wouldn’t tell!”

I ripped his hand off of my mouth. “She’s my best friend and has the potential to get hurt and you’re telling me I should just let it happen?” I accused in a lower tone.

“You can’t protect her from every little thing, you know.” Jack said, suddenly serious. A very rare sighting. About as rare as seeing a straight male ballerina.

“If this ends badly, Jack, I’m blaming you. “ I pointed at him, glaring.

I walked over to where I saw Ryan and Alex (Garcia) talking. “Hey, fellas.” I said, twirling my hair.

“Hey, Kay Kay.” Ryan waved.

I smiled sweetly. If Jack could flirt with others right in front of me, so could I. “I’m way excited to see you guys play. You broke up before I could get a chance.” I pouted. “But I was happen when you got back together.” I said to Ryan since Garcia got distracted and went to talk to Jack.

“That’s cool…it feels so good to be back to—“

“MAKAHLA!!!!” Sara whined, holding out the final “A” sound.

“What?” I shouted back, just as whiney.

“I’m getting butterflies and the lunch I ate is starting World War III in my stomach.”

“Why is your stomach so…war ridden?” I asked.

“Have you seen the size of this venue? And apparently it’s sold out!”

“So?” I asked, shrugging.

“The only time I ever sang a solo in public was for a 6th grade talent show and I was using a tape with prerecorded voices…” She threw her hands in the air.

“Tape…?” Alex raised an eyebrow, teasing.

“Yes, TAPE!” She shouted, seriously freaking out. “Record, CD…whatever you kids call it these days…EIGHT TRACK!”

By this time, she was practically running around in circles. “Babe, calm down…you’ll do fine. I mean, you’re only singing…what? 30 seconds?” I tried.

“30 seconds that could end in epic failure!” She tugged on her hair. I sighed, wishing I didn’t have to resort to this, but knew of no other way as she started freaking out and yelling again, almost hyperventilating.

Slap! The sound of my hand going across her cheek echoed, making it sound much worse that it really was. Her head whipped sideways, her yelling ceased.

She looked at me, hand to cheek, and hugged me. “Thanks. I needed that…” She sighed, “But it did hurt, and I hope you know I will get you back.” She vowed, rubbing her cheek. “Is it red?”

“Like a fire hydrant.” Ryan winced.

“Saying that makes it sound worse than it really is, because in reality it isn’t that red. It’s only slightly pink.” I said smartly.

“Oh, hush!” Ryan waved his hand.

“I’ve got a secret, I want you to know!” Sara sang.

“I’ve got this feeling, I can’t let it go!” I sang right back. And soon, we were both singing “I’ve Got A Secret” by Oh, hush!

~.~

“Oh, gosh.” Sara muttered again and again as Alex played the opening chords to ‘Remembering Sunday’

“If I have to slap you again, I will.” I warned.

“No! I’m good…” She shook her head, but still looked a little white faced.

“What’s up with her?” A certain ginger haired Texan asked.

“Nerves, she’s supposed to sing with Alex on this song.” I explained briefly. We silently watched as she jumped around backstage, almost missing her cue to go on. In fact, I had to shove her out there.

“Wow, she’s got a good set of lungs on her.” Caleb commented as she sang.

I laughed. “Not only does she have seven siblings, she was also in Marching band, playing the flute. So, yeah…she has a very good set of lungs.” I nodded.

“Do you know how dirty that could be taken?” Jack asked, wrapping his arms around me.

“Ew…ew…ew…” I cringed. “Sweat!” This only made Jack shake his head on me, splattering me with sweat.

“UGH!” I groaned, almost laughing, but not wanting to give him the satisfaction…or encouragement.

“Well, that’s my okay to go on.” Jack skipped off as the song ended. Sara walked back, shaking violently.

“I’m still so nervous.” She commented.

“Plus, it’s so hot onstage.” She grumbled, moving off to go get some water and sit down with her head in between her knees.

“I’m sorry Kyle was just a big jerk to you.” Caleb started but then trailed off.

“Who told you?” I blushed, somewhat ashamed.

“Sara went off on him when he tried to talk to her…apparently it wasn’t the first time?” Caleb laughed.

“Yeah, when it comes to that kind of thing, she’s pretty touchy and hotheaded. Otherwise, she’s slow to anger.”

“And why’s that?” Caleb asked.

“I guess it’s because of her fa—“ I stopped, realizing what I was just about to say. “Faith in everyone being beautiful.” I covered, if Caleb questioned my explanation, he gave no indication. “You know what I like to do?” I asked suddenly.

“What?”

“Not talk about that stuff. You know what else I like?”

“What?” This time, I detected a slight smile on his face.

“I like to get to know people.” I said, smiling. “Care to walk with me? I need fresh air, it smells in here.”

“Sure, busses?” Caleb asked. “Maybe I can make Kyle apologize.”

“I think he’s afraid to say anything else to me in fear Sara might snap his head off.” I laughed.

“She does give that impression.”

“Psh, she can’t even reach his head.” I pointed out, looking up at him. He was a good foot taller than me, than both of us girls. “But I wouldn’t underestimate either of us.” I warned. Caleb laughed and we walked back to FTSK’s bus.

“Kyle!” Caleb yelled like a drill sergeant. Moments later, Kyle appears.

“What?” He asked, then looked up and at me. “Oh, crap! The devil woman isn’t here, is she? I think if I get yelled at by her again, I’ll crap my pants. She’s scary” He searched around for her.

“Just Makahla, and I believe you have something to say to her.” Caleb mentioned.

“Oh.” Kyle’s cheeks tinted. “I’m sorry for being a royal donkey, forgive me?” He asked, face pleading. I almost ‘aw’ed at how cute he was being.

“Yeah, Kyle. I forgive you.” I laughed. Kyle then smiled. So cute.
♠ ♠ ♠
*yawn* I'm tired and my wrist hurts from typing all of this. I've also got the next chapter written...
So...expect it soon.
You should be happy this is long. But I wanted it that way because you guys sort of had to wait a little longer than I had planned.