Forever

One

Walking through the halls of my school is a nightmare that I will unfortunately never wake up from because it’s reality. Here at lovely, Long Beach High School, everyone is perfect. It’s as if they’re clones of each other. There’s just one minute problem at this ideal school, and that’s me. Everyone at this freak show school has long flowing hair and stunning eyes. They’re all thin and at least average height. Whereas here I am with my between short and medium length hair that’s dark brown and burgandy with my honey brown eyes all attached to my petite curvaceous body of five foot one.

Numerous times I’ve told my parents that I don’t belong here, and I despise living here. They both claim that my old friends were a negative influence thus forcing us to move here in the middle of last year, which might I add was already my second to last year in high school. Every time I asked what they meant by my friends being a “negative influence” they always returned with the same response, “You know what we mean Nikki,” truth is I have absolutely no clue of what they meant.

Over at my old school I wasn’t horrible or anything, I mean sure I blazed up every now and then but, honestly what teenager in high school didn’t. That doesn’t mean my friends were a bad influence just because I made the choice to do that. Also just because I like the feeling of a sharp blade pressed to my skin and seeing that crimson color seep out from my wrists and other surfaces on my body doesn’t make my friends a bad influence. Everything I ever did was my choice, but who the hell cares now? That’s right no one.

So, now here I am a senior, and I’ve only made one friend who’s now my best friend, Skylar. He’s one of those best friends that no matter how hard I try not to, I still end up fall in love with but will never have the audacity to tell him. I’m fine just being best friends for now though, maybe one day we can be more, besides he likes this girl named Kristi. Well, at least I think he does. I can’t believe we have to change classes today, I just got used to all of my other classes and now whabam! We switch classes. All I can think about is that after today I get to wake up and do this all over again, joy.

“Hey, Nikki.” I loved hearing my name in his voice. I turn around to see Skylar heading my way with his signature smile on his face. “Wait up, don’t forget we have all but second period together this semester.”

“Yeah, lucky me. I get to spend almost all day with your little annoying self.” I answered back.

“Who you calling little? I know it’s not me, I mean have you looked at me lately.” He has no idea. “because last I checked I’m almost six foot thank you very much.” He snapped at me.

“Well you’re right about that, you’re like Bigfoot, you’re just as much a freak as the rest of this school.” I complained.

“You’ll never like it here until you give it a chance.” Do you have any idea how many times he’s said that, try a million and one, but it’s not going to happen. “And even if I am a freak at least I’m a smoking hot one.” Yes it’s one hundred percent true. Skylar is the cutest guy in school, well in my eyes he is. He has these baby blues that are like the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef. His hair a sandy color that has that surfer flip to it and it shines like the north star. No matter what shirt he is wearing you can see his muscular figure. My all time favorite feature of his would have to be his adorable slight Australian accent he has since he moved here from Sydney, Australia about four years ago.

“Earth to Nikki.”

“Wha…” Aw man I was daydreaming again.

He stared at me with curious eyes. “Are you okay, you look a little out of it?”

“Who me? Oh yeah I’m fine, I just can’t wait for today to be over.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well then, lets get today started.” He flashed his pearly whites as the bell rang signaling us to head to first period.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? subscribe? feedback?
thanks loves
<3

Nikki
Skylar