Forever

Six

I peeled my eyes open as gleaming rays of light filled the room. I looked around and realized where I was. Hyperventilating, I jerked the needle form my arm and shot up from the bed and darted through the hospital. I searched every room looking for my mother. The ninth room I tried I found her. She lied there, her body still with no movement. I dashed to her and fell onto her whimpering.

“Mommy please, please wake up. Talk to me, I’m begging you.”

“Shhh. Baby, you’ll wake the whole building.” Her eyes were heavy with enormous bags under them .

“Oh Mom I knew you couldn’t be dead. It…It’ll be alright. We will move and find a new home in a different neighborhood and we’ll get a restraining order. You’ll see, we’ll be just fine.” She looked at me with heart wrenching eyes. “I’m right aren’t I? I…I’ve got to be.”

“Oh honey, I’m sorry. They were surprised I even made it through the night. I told the doctors it was because I still needed to see you and say good bye.” she struggled to mumble.

“No! No! Don’t say that. You’ll be fine.”

“Sweetheart?” Her voice got softer.

“Yes? I’m here. I’m not leaving you, don’t worry.”

“Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.”

“No! I will not promise that. So you have to stay because I might forget you.”

“Nikki, my love, I love you dearly. The will is in the safe in the attic.”

“No! Don’t go, what am I going to do without you? Please, mommy?”

“I love you, Nikki. Promise me?”

I sniffled and wiped my tear from my cheek. “Yes, yes I promise I’ll never forget you. I love you an I always will.”

Her eyes shut and the heart monitor machine when flat. I stared at my mothers lifeless body, wishing to be dead myself. Before I know it doctors are swarming the room. Then something went wrong, I felt my body falling.
♠ ♠ ♠
:( sad
comments?