Status: Very, very slow.

What Happens When They Leave You.

CHAPTER 3-THE BOY IN THE WHITE ROOM

I was awake but my eyes weren’t open. I could hear the sounds of a machine. It sounded like I was in a hospital. I couldn’t be in a hospital though, I wasn’t sick or I wasn’t in any pain what so ever. I feel completely fine.
I slowly began to open my eyes and saw I was lying down in a bed in a room with another bed. I turned my head and saw there was another guy in this room as well. He had his eyes shut. I turned my head towards the ceiling and it was white. I looked around and everything looked clean and pure. Everything was white. I hated things being white; things looked to plan if it was white. This room needed some colour. Immediately.
I looked next to me and there was a guy sleeping, he looked around my age. He had dark black hair that nearly covered his eyes, and was very skinny. Skinnier than he should have been. He looked peaceful. I envied him, I wanted to be peaceful. I wanted everything to disappear and I wanted to no worry about anything. I wanted to be happy again. I wanted to be in Aaron’s arms again. I wanted to see his smile. I wanted to feel his lips against mine. I wanted to be in his hug, which made me feel so warm. I miss him like anything. I nee---
“Hello?” I heard a voice talking. I looked around and noticed I was still looking at boy, who currently was staring at me.
I looked down and blushed, embarrassed that I had been staring at him. He probably thought I was some type of freak. I hoped not, I might need a friend in this place.
I looked up at him and smiled, ”hi.”
It was silent for awhile, making it rather awkward. I hate being in awkward situations. It felt like it was too silent to even speak, it was like you had to whisper because if you actually spoke you might actually cut through the silence and break it. Break it like glass.
“What’s your name?” I heard the boy’s voice again.
“Skylar. What about yours?” I mumbled. It was so silent, I’m pretty sure he would have heard me.
“Ryley,” he smiled at me. How he is so happy will be a mystery to me. I don’t understand how people can be happy right now.
“What are you in here for? They rarely put new people in here,” he sighed. It sounded like he hated being in here, and that he had been in here for awhile. This boy is starting to become a big mystery.
“I’d rather not mention why I’m not in here,” I sighed, trying not to brake in front of Ryley. He would probably think I’m some sort of weirdo.
“That’s fine, I totally understand,” he said. I hoped he understood. I have always hated people that tried to force things out of me.
“Why are you in here?” I asked, pushing forward the conversation. He looked at me for at least a minute, like he was studying me or something. Maybe he was seeing if he could trust me? I don’t know, but it made me feel uncomfortable.
“I ummm suffer from anorexia, and the saddest part is that I know I suffer from it, I just can’t eat. The first couple of times I came in here I begged my dad not to be put in here, but about a month ago I begged dad to put me in here, and he didn’t object, and I don’t blame him. He just wants to see me healthy again,” he looked like he was about to cry. I didn’t know what to do. I barely knew the guy and he was spilling his heart out to me. I had to say something.
“You probably just made your first step,” I replied, I honestly had no idea what I just said. I could tell by the look on his face, he didn’t understand either.
“Your admitting you have it, isn’t that the first step or something?” I asked, bullshitting myself through it. I had no idea what I should say to him. He seemed even more fragile than myself, and that was definitely saying something.
“I suppose your right, I just wish I could see my father more often,” he sighed, sounding very upset. This kid had mixed up feelings but I really couldn’t talk I suppose.
“You don’t see him often?”I asked, I hope that isn’t the rules around here. I really couldn’t survive without the man that helped give me life.
They think it isn’t good for me if I see him so often. I think it would help me survive, personally,” he said they with such venom, it kind of made me scared.
“I thought it would of been better,” I replied, he smiled at me and agreed with a nod.
It went silent again, and it made me think. This kid must of been in here awhile, and he must really hate them. I do wonder who them is. Before I got the chance to ask the nurse came in. She told me that I had to go with her. I sighed and got up.
“Bye Ryley,” I half smiled.
He looked up at me and smiled as well,” bye Skylar, don’t let them get to you. They have taken to many people away from me.” I nodded at what he said and tried to figure what he meant as the nurse took me out of that room. They have taken to many people away from me. What in God’s name did he mean? He surely couldn’t mean the doctors and nurses. How many people had he known in this place? How many had been taken from him? Did I mean something to him? Questions swam in my head as I was taken back to some place. I had no idea where I was, I only knew that I needed to talk to Ryley again and soon. I needed him to answer these questions for me. He was the only one that could answer them. As the nurse took me into some unknown room, I wondered when I would see Ryley again.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it has been forever.
I kind of had writer's block, but never the less here it is.
Hopefully it is satisfying:)
oooh, new character:)
Ryley Markingson