Stay Out Of The Light

Give 'Em Hell Kid

Gerard's P.O.V
"Great, just great. First day at a new school. I hate this." I mumbled to myself as I got dressed. There's never anything good about a new school. Just more people to make fun of me. I walked downstairs to get some coffee.
"Morning Mikey." I said walking into the kitchen. Mikey was sitting at the table drinking coffee. I poured myself a cup and sat next to him.
"Hey Gerard. Ready for school?" He asked me. I sighed.
"Yeah. Should be great!" I said with heavy sarcasm. I was dreading the first day at the new school. So many things to worry about.
"I know what you mean." Mikey said. I drank my coffee and got my school bag. Mikey did the same then we headed out the door. Our mom and dad had already gone to work so we were on our own most mornings. They worked all day and came home late at night so we rarely ever got to see them. We walked quietly to school looking down most of the way to avoid any eye contact cause that opens the door for conversation, like we want that. Once we got to school we looked around. My jaw dropped when I saw how many kids dressed the same as us. I was amazed and shocked. This might not be as bad as I thought. I over to a tree that no one was near and sat down. Mikey followed. I took out my sketch pad and he took out his iPod. We sat quietly doing our own thing when a group of kids walked up to us. At first I didn't want to look up, afraid of what might be in front of us. Eventually I took my eyes off my paper and looked up. A group of 4 kids was standing in front of us. Dressed just like us. I smiled.
"Hey there." The short black haired kid said smiling at me.
"Hello." I said smiling back. This kid at most was 5 foot 3 maybe 5 foot 4 with long, shaggy black hair and the tightest black skinny jeans I had ever seen. Next to him was a girl probably the same height with dark brown hair and a lip ring. She was pretty hot I have to admit. I noticed she was holding the black haired kids hand. Just my luck.
"I'm Frank Iero and this is my girlfriend, Ellie Bryar. That's Bob Bryar, Ellie's brother." Frank said pointing at Bob who was standing awkwardly. He half smiled and looked at the ground.
"I'm Ray Toro." This guy with a huge ass fro smiled at me. I looked at his hair and my jaw dropped. “I know. I have a huge fro.” He said playing with his hair. I laughed a little.
“So, you two are new here. Good place to move. This is one of the best schools around.” The girl Ellie said and smiled. Damn these people were very smiley. Frank and Ellie sat in the grass near us.
“This is my brother Mikey. He’s kinda shy.” I said and Mikey half smiled and waved.
“Hello.” He said and went back to his music. I left him alone since I knew it took him a little while to warm up to people. We all sat and talked for a little and then the first period bell rang.
“Well we better get to class.” Frank said and walked with the rest of his group of friends.
“We’ll meet you guys up for lunch.” He added and walked off. Me and Mikey went to the front office to get our schedules. We had lunch together and first period but that was it. At least we had that together. But that's ok, he seemed to not be to worried about it. I just didn't want him to feel uncomfortable without me. At our old school we had almost everycalss together except for maybe one or two. So Mikey usually always felt safe at school. But now that we didn't have to many classes together I was afraid he would get picked on more then usal. He didn't seem to feel that way.
"Well since we only have lunch together, how about I meet you at your locker before lunch. That way we can walk together." He said, then added, "I'm going to class now. See ya." And he walked off. I went to my class to. Which was the same class as Mikey, why he couldn't wait for me I don't know. Oh well. When we got to the class we saw Ellie and she waved us over. We sat nex to her during History which was my least favorite class but I decided to pay attention for the first day. The rest of the classes were ok. But the class I liked most was my art class. Shocking right? I had that class right before lunch. After art, I went to my locker to put the books I'd gotten so far away and meet up with Mikey. We walked into the cafeteria and our jaws dropped. We immedialy looked for Ellie and the rest of the guys. This was the biggest lunch room I had ever seen. There were so many people and some were outside, others were sitting with friends, some sitting alone. It was amazing. Everyone seemed to fit in and no one seemed to single anyone out. The only people that did, were the jocks. They were sorta off in there own section. They didn't seem to want to be with anyone else so I wasn't to worried. At our last school, all the jocks beat the shit outa Mikey. These people seemed to just keep to themselves. Frank jumped up onto the table and waved at us jumping up and down. I laughed and Mikey looked at me funny. We walked over and sat by them.

TO BE CONTINUED!
♠ ♠ ♠
My first fan-fiction!! Yay!!! It's not to good but I hope those of you who do read it, like it =)