Status: slowly developing.....sorry! I love those of you that have stayed with me even though I NEVER update...promse to try to update faster! lOVE YOU SOOOO OH SOOOO MUCH!

Bitter sweetness

Cry me a river

Branden and I had been hanging out at Mac's place all week. Since today was Friday Branden has asked me to dinner at a more fancier place.
“Wait let me just lock up.” I said to Branden as he slightly tugged on my arm. I quickly locked the door and turned to smile at Branden. He crashed his lips onto mine, instantly my hands went this his hair. My right hand clutching onto my clutch bag as my left hand tugged on Branden hair. Branden instantly pulled away.
“Like this were never going to make it on time for the reservations.” He laughed while running his hand through his hair. I gave a small laugh and made sure my sleeveless turtle neck blouse was in place and tugged my black pencil skirt a little lower. I reached for Branden hand as we walked to his black Ford Raptor.
“So you didn't finish telling me why your friend couldn't come last week.” I said as we drove to the restaurant Branden was taking me to.
“He had to take care of some last minute things. He's coming in two days.”
“Oh, I bet your excited.” I smiled.
“I guess you could say that.” he said pulling onto the highway.
“How far is this place your taking me to?”
“Not that far, don't worry.”

“How did you know about this place?” I asked looking around the vanilla colored room. The host walked us over to a book near a tall window. We had a perfect view of a lake that ran near by.
“Joann I'm an accountant. I manage big companies money and the only time you get to talk to them is over lunch or dinner.”
“Do they say anything about your tattoo's?” I asked looking at the menu's our waiter had just handed us.
“What would you like to drink this evening?” He short chubby waiter asked Branden.
“Can you give us a bottle of Tignanello.”
“And a glass of water.” I quickly added before he left. Branden gave a small chuckle.
“Did I tell you how adorable you look in that suit?” I said looking at Branden Black suit with tiny almost invisible white lines going down and his black dress shirt and tie. A small grin appeared on his lips.
“Hmm yeah I think that might have slipped out between your attack of kisses.” My jaw instantly dropped.
“My attack of kisses?” I have out a small hysterical laugh. “I could have sworn it was you who couldn't keep his hands off me.”
“Well I couldn't help being seduced by those long sexy legs of yours.” I covered my face with my hands trying to keep myself my laughing.
“You've got to be kidding me.”
“Have you chosen what you would like to eat this evening?” Asked the waiter who had been with us just minutes ago.
“Yes can I have a 16 oz. Prim New York Strip and a Caesar Salad.” Branden closed his menu and handed it to our waiter.
“What would you like ma'am?”
“Um can I have a Prime Porterhouse with a Caesar Salad.” After a few minutes our appetizers came then followed by our meal. In the midst of it all Branden phone rang. He looked at the screen and sighed.
“I have to take this, its from my job.” I nodded and he stood up and walked towards the restrooms. He later appeared with a doleful face.
“I'm so sorry Joann but I'm going to have to go back to my apartment to get some papers and take them back to my office to my coworker. I promise I'll make it up to you.” I simply smiled and stood up.
“Don't worry, its okay.” Branden paid for our meal and we walked to his car. On our way back his phone rang once again. He quickly picked it up.
“Yeah I'm on my way, I'll be there in a half an hour.” That mustn't have been the response the other person on the line was hoping for because Branden gave a loud sigh. “I can't be there in less then twenty minutes.” The other person said something and Branden hanged up. “Joann, do you think we could stop at my place first?”
“Yeah, that's fine.”

Branden pulled into his driveway and we both headed up to his apartment. He ran into his office and came back with a black briefcase. He sat down on the sofa and opened the briefcase in front of him on the coffee table. He skimped through all the papers one by one until he stopped at one and put it aside. Then Branden placed all the papers back and returned the briefcase to his office.
“You came all the way back home for one sheet of paper? Couldn't they just have printed it out?” I said taking off my heels as he returned with a manilla folder.
“My coworker Shannon gave me the original copy instead of giving me a copy of it. She's suppose to make sure all the paper work is in order for tomorrow's conference with a new client.” I stood up straight and walked over towards Branden. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tipi-toes and gave him a quick kiss.
“Do you have to leave?” I asked loosening his tie. Branden lips crashed against mine. I through his tie on the ground and started unbuttoning his shirt. My hands traces every muscle on Branden back as he pulled my closer to deepen the kiss. He started trailing kisses down my neck and and his hands went under my skirt to my thigh then quickly lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. He moved his hand from my thigh and started to unbutton my shirt. I was left in my pencil skirt which was all ready piled together at my waist and my black push up bra. Branden put me back down so unzip my pencil skirt. The skirt fell with a small thud. Branden leaned towards me to kiss me once again. We were both started when we heard a loud knock on the door. Branden covered his face with both hands and gave out a muffled laugh and scream.
“I head to go take a shower.” He laughed. He gave me a quick peck on the forehead and got me my clothes. He walked over to the door to see who it was and cursed. He ran back to wear I was changing and told me to open the door and hand the blond the manilla folder.
“Why?” I whispered? He simply pointed to the bulge in his pants. I laughed and finished zipping my skirt as Branden picked up his shirt and left to take a shower. I picked up the manilla folder and opened the door as the blond was about to knock once again.
“Oh...hi, I'm looking for Branden?” The blond asked. She was tall and slender with a small cute face. She had really blond hair that fell around her face and shoulders ending with loose curls. She was wearing some faded jeans and a white sweater.
“He's in the shower but told me to give you this.” I handed her the folder and was closing the door when she stopped it with her hand.
“Wait! I think I'll wait for him.” She said and pushed the door open. I watched her completely in shock as she walked past me and sat down on the sofa.
“So how long have you known Branden?” She asked.
“Um...about three to four weeks now.” I crossed my hands across my chest and looked at her. She nodded.
“Hmm..really? He's never mentioned you.” I raised an eye brow and tried not to laugh. Branden better done showering soon. “Its nice that he's made friends.” I nodded and walked over to sit down.
“So you like being a accountant's assistant?” I asked.
“Its great!” She laughed. “Well as long as your Branden's assistant. He can really change everyone's mood by just walking into the building.”
“Really?” I asked hiding a small grin.
“It also helps that we have known each other for about two years now.” She said.
“What?” my grin disappearing from my face. “But how could you have known each other for two years when he just moved here?”
“I've known him since he lived in Virginia. I was his assistant there and now here.”
“Wow, you two must be really good friends.”
“Hardly. After we broke up the second time things haven't been the same. Except he's somewhat changing. Maybe its destiny telling us that were meant to be even after our engagement didn't go out so well.” She crossed her legs and rested her hands on her knee. I gave out a fake smile. Inside I felt every piece of my heart breaking. Branden had just used me. His words mocked me in my head: “ I would hate for you to think I just want you for sex”. I felt a knot start forming in my throat. I could feel my eyes starting to get watery. I quickly stood up.
“Its getting late, I should probably leave.” I grabbed my clutch bag off the coffee table and head for the door. I start walking away from Branden's building and take out my phone. I try calling Katie. He phone goes straight to her voice mail. I call her ten more times, as if my calling will magically turn on her phone. On the fifth try it starts to rain. I clutch my sides to keep myself warm and try to call our apartment but no one picks up. I take off my heels and hold them by the strap in the back. I head for closest shopping center to look for a cab. A weak smile forms on my lips when I see the tattoo parlor Anchors Away. I run towards it and open the front door with a spare key that Pete had given me. After I walk inside and turn off the alarm I notice that it wasn't rain on my cheeks but tears. I walk over to the seats that are in the waiting area and hug my knees and cry my eyes out.
♠ ♠ ♠
gawd this took forever to write...comment! and subscribe!