Speak Low If You Speak Love

Gummy Bears Fix Everything and A Slap In The Face

When Brian got home he was a little shocked to find Destinee there. When he walked into the house she crossed her arms over her chest. He knew then that he was in trouble. Hopefully in wasn’t in as deep shit as Matt was.

“Babe, I can explain…”

“Well you better start, because I need to get back to Paige.”

“Okay, so maybe I can’t explain. I know what I did was wrong and I should’ve told her or stopped him. Please don’t be mad at me.”

“I am mad at you. But everyone makes mistakes…besides you did tell her.”

“See I know you’re not mad at me. Look Destinee, I fucked up. But Matt has been my friend longer than Paige.”

“I know but it would…” Destinee stopped talking as her cell phone signaled a call. “Hey Paige.”

“He texted me.”

“Who?”

“Matt. He wants another chance. A chance to fix it. But can it be fixed?”

“It can if you want it to Paige.”

“More than anything, but I know I can’t forgive him.”

“It’ll take time but it all depends on how much you love him.”

“More than anything.” Paige said and hung up the phone. She sighed and glanced at her still blasting CD Player and shook her head as Insatiable played. She picked up her cell phone and stared at the text from Matt. What was she going to do about it? She wasn’t sure what to do.

I don’t know what to say to you. I can’t just forgive you. It hurts too much.

Matt was sitting on the steps inside the house. He had been coming down the stairs when she texted him. He stared at the text and sighed. He had to win her back. But he didn’t know what to do to when her over. He didn’t expect her to forgive him for a long time. But he honestly didn’t realize that he had hurt her as bad as he had.

Coby and Zoe were laughing as they walked out of the pizza place with Devyn. Coby was holding Zoe’s hand and his other was held by his daughter. Devyn looked up at her dad and smiled. She liked seeing him happy. Zoe on the other hand looked a little pre-occupied.

“What’s wrong Zoe?”

“I just can’t help but think about how Paige is doing. I mean she was really upset.”

“Yeah… Devyn, do you want to go visit Aunt Paige?”

“Yeah. Can I take her gummy bears. They might make her feel better.”

“Yeah, we’ll pick them up on the way. C’mon, lets go.” Coby said and thirty minutes later they pulled into the mile long drive of the beach house. The best feature was that it couldn’t be seen from the road. That’s how most of the houses were in the area only the beach house was the biggest. When they knocked on the door Mary Ellen one of the maids answered the door. She nodded to them.

“Miss Paige is in the Princess Suite.”

“Princess Suite?” Zoe asked

“You’ll see.” Was all Coby said as Devyn took off with the gummy bears in hand. Zoe shrugged and followed the little girl upstairs. She was looking around as they walked. The place was beautiful. They heard the music way before they got to the room.

Wide awake, my mistake, so predictable
You were fake, I was great nothing personal
I’m walking, who’s laughing now
(Whos laughing, whos laughing now)
I’m wasted, wasting time
You talk for hours, but you’re wasting lines
Pretty face but the chase ain’t worth the crime


Coby shook his head when he heard the song.

“Aunt Paige! I brought gummy bears! You can have all the pink ones.” Devyn yelled. They got to the door just as Paige looked up from her phone. She was sitting on a chair on the balcony, where she had been the whole day.

“Devyn, you brought me gummy bears?”

“Dad said you were sad. Gummy bears fix everything.”

“Thank you sweetie.” Was all that Paige could say as the child hugged her.

“Hey Paige.” Coby said walking in. “You doing okay?”

“I’ve been better.” Paige said popping a pink gummy bear in her mouth. Zoe shook her head as Devyn and Paige started sorting through the gummy bears. Taking the chance Zoe looked around the room. The colors were soft. The walls were a light soft purple, the curtains a soft pink. Her comforter was a mix of both colors. The bed was a beautiful king sized mahogany four poster. The desk and entertainment stand matched the bed. There was a beige oversized loveseat against one wall. The large walk in closet was open and it was evident that she had unpacked everything that she had brought with her. The bathroom door was also open and from what she could see it was decorated in hues of blue. All she could see was the walls, sink, and countertop. As she walked out onto the balcony she began to understand why it was called the princess suite.

Brian and Destinee’s house:

“You know there is one thing that is bugging me.” Destinee said as she sat across the dinner table from Brian.

“What honey?”

“How’d you even know that Matt was still sleeping with Val?”

“I…” Brian couldn’t look his fiancé in the eyes. “I was usually the one sharing a room with him. She’d show up and I’d leave. I promised him I wouldn’t tell.”

“Despite…no taking back earlier; that made it okay to hurt someone else that you considered a friend? Someone you knew was like a sister to the woman that you love? How could you?”

“Destinee…” Brian said as she moved from the table. “Babe, he’s my best friend. Well one of…” Brian said following her. She stopped at the bottom of the steps and turned to him. He was right behind her. Before she could stop herself she had slapped him hard across the face.

“Next time the opportunity strikes maybe you should do the right thing… best friend or not.” Destinee yelled. Brian still couldn’t believe that she had slapped him. He stared at her. “Next time think about people other than you and your friend that are involved.” Destinee said before grabbing her keys and slamming from the house.

“What in the hell just happened?” Brian asked the air around him as he raised a hand to his still stinging cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Insatiable - Atreyu
Break Your Little Heart - All Time Low