‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Hang Out Date

Rachael’s POV

Anna and I got to the photo shoot and I walked into a big room with lights, a green screen, a bunch of racks of clothes and loud, up-beat music. Everything in the room was so vivacious. I looked over to the photo shooting area and saw the guys taking pictures together. Some were of them being funny, others were them being serious. Everyone saw Anna and I walk in and heads turned.

“Rach!” Collin and Austin cheered as they raced over to me, hugging me tight.

“Hey guys” I laughed. “It hasn’t been that long,” I commented.

“It’s been too long,” they both complained.

“Okay guys, let her breathe,” Jake said, pulling them off me. Then he gave me a hug.

“Hey Rach. Isn’t this so cool?!” Collin said excitedly.

“Chill Collin. I’m sure Rachael has been to a ton of these before. She doesn’t find them all that cool anymore," Eric spoke up.

“True…I’ve been to a ton of these…but this one is definitely awesome,” I said.

“Rachael! Great, now that you’re here we can start the promo pictures,” the photographer, P.J. said. “Can we get assistance please!” he called and immediately makeup artists rushed over to us and began to do their job.

Anna helped the ones helping me because she knew what I liked and what looked good. Then she also went over to help with the clothes choices. Anna had become the boys clothes stylist so she was doing her job. I went over to Eric who had a guitar hanging around his neck and he was just playing around with it.

“Hey…you alright?” I asked and offered him a smile. When he smiled back, it was very languid.

“Yea…”

“You just seem like you’re really deep in thought…” I commented. He didn’t respond. “Eric…you know you can talk to me…about anything…” I said, almost shyly.

“A lot has just been on my mind,” he answered.

I have to admit…I liked the way he looked at me. It showed me that he still had some kind of feelings for me…maybe even loved me…I wanted to just hug him tight and hold him close…but it wasn’t right…. He sighed when he saw I wasn’t satisfied with his answer.

“My sister’s really sick…she’s been in the hospital for a while now…I’m just worried about her, that’s all,” he said and shrugged it off…but I knew him too well to know that he would just shrug it off like that.

His family was always close and his older sister was always so sweet and nice to me. A genuine role model. “I’m so sorry Eric,” I said and hugged him…he hugged back.

For a moment…I thought about us being back together…but then Nick came to mind immediately and I felt like I was hugging Nick instead.

“I’m here for you Eric…if you need anything…” I told him.

“Thanks Rach…can you just not tell anyone…I don’t really want it getting out," he murmured.

“Of course”

Then as if on cue; the next song that came on was Who I Am off of Nick’s cd, which had came out. I bought a copy of course. As soon as Nick’s voice filled the air, Eric and I looked at each other and then pulled away.

Then we heard a few giggles and turned to see Collin and Austin talking up some girls. Collin was fifteen, turning sixteen in May and Austin was sixteen, turning seventeen in May as well, in fact, on the same day. Collin had a very energetic side to him but if asked, he could be the most serious fifteen year old I know. Austin was the same way…just a tad less energetic than his brother. They were kind of young but very new to the business. Jake and Eric were both seventeen, turning eighteen this year (before me of course) and they were both very new to the business as well but Eric at least as some kind of idea of what he’s getting into because of me. Jake was a one-episode character for a few shows but his first big role was Gonna Get Caught and he was more than excellent. We’re so excited for the sequel and we’re such great friends. Him and David will get along so well.

Soon enough, a few more fans, who had special passes, got here and we did a quick meet and greet while everything was getting ready. Then they were aloud to stay while we started the photo shoot. Austin was the drummer of the band, Collin played whatever he was in the mood for, which was mostly bass guitar. Eric was the electric guitarist and he shared the lead singing with Jake. They all sang but it was Jake and Eric’s voices that you heard most of the time. So for the pictures, Austin had a set of drum sticks, Collin had a bass guitar, Eric had an electric one and Jake had a microphone. Me? I just posed. We took some single pictures. Jake was swinging the microphone as P.J. took pictures and I saw how they came out. They were really good. I posed with different props, or just different postures.

Then we took some together shots. Most were serious but then we just started to dance around to the music and be stupid. Collin’s energetic energy was great. Him and his brother were both amazing. So was Jake and Eric in fact. Eric…was a pro, that was for sure. Jake had done one before with me to just take some still shots for the movie and even then he was excellent. The photo shoot was so fun to do. The guys made it a pleasure to do with them. It was scintillating.

Once we finished, we said our good byes and Collin and Austin left to go do their family thing and Jake had left as well. Eric was putting the guitar back in the case, when I walked up to him.

“You ready for our hang out date?” I asked. “Still up for it?” I added.

“Umm yea. I just have to drop off my guitar…”

“It’s yours? It’s beautiful…you came with your car right?” I asked and he nodded. “Anna? Do you think you could bring Eric’s guitar to the house and then we’ll pick it up later?” I asked.

“Sure. I have to go home anyway,” she said, as she was texting on her PDA as she walked over to us.

He was about to hesitate but she looked up. “It’s really not a problem Eric. I promise to be careful,” she teased and he laughed as I smiled.

He handed her guitar. “I’ll see you at home,” she promised, then walked away. “Ready?” I asked him.

“You do know I still drive my pick up right?” he asked.

“Yes I am well aware, how could have I missed it when I walked in. It stands out rather well,” I joked.

He laughed…a real, genuine laugh. “Come on farm boy, we’re wasting time here,” I said and turned to begin walked away. He quickly caught up.

We got outside and got to his green pick up, I got in the passenger side and he got in the drivers side. I already saw paparazzi shoot at us but I ignored them, and just smiled at Eric as he smiled back, knowing very well that there were people watching us.

“And Nick is okay with you and me hanging out today?” he inquired.

“Yes, he knows we are hanging out today…why wouldn’t he be okay with it,” I said, avoiding a direct answer to give him.

“I’ll just take that as a no,” he said with a small smile and pulled out of the parking lot.

“So where are we off to?” he asked as we got onto the road.

“Don’t know. You tell me”

“You still read like crazy right?”

“Of course”

“Then Barnes & Noble it is,” he chose.

“You know me too well,” I laughed and he didn’t respond…he just laughed as well…which I was fine with.

~~~~~~~~~

We got to Barns & Noble and began to look through the books…we each got a few, got some Starbucks and began to just enjoy each others company as we read. I loved the fact that Eric and I could just read together like this. Through out the day, it took a little out of me but I finally cracked him and got him to be more open, out-going, more talkative…more him. Eventually Jake did join us…guess who he ran into though…David. As soon as we saw each other, I ran and jumped into his arms, as we hugged. We never see each other as much as I’d like to anymore but we try. I found it so funny that Jake and David bumped into each other…and I loved Jake for inviting him along to hang out. I felt weird being the only girl and since there were people watching our every move…I invited Demi to meet up with us. As soon as she did, she remembered Eric and Jake and gave them both hugs, making them feel even more welcome. We all just walked around, going in and out of stores, shopping and then we went to TGI Fridays to eat in the mall.

We ordered drinks but that’s all we got to before I looked up and saw my dad smiling at me…I could tell he wasn’t sure if he should come over or not so I just nodded at him and he began to walk over to our table.

“Hey…what are you doing here?” I asked and my friends’ conversation had stopped as all eyes were on me and him.

“I wanted to talk to you in person and Anna had told me what you were doing today…I didn’t think I was being obtrusive”

I opened my mouth to speak, but Demi beat me to it. “No, you weren’t being obtrusive at all Mr. Lewis,” Demi assured him.

“Umm dad, you remember Demi...David, Jake and Eric…this is my dad,” I introduced and I could just feel Eric tense up.

Everything became suddenly awkward. Everyone here knew what happened with us… “It’s a pleasure to meet you all” he said, politely…it shocked me, kind of.

“And it’s nice to see you again Demi,” he added.

“Same here,” she replied with a smile.

They’ve met once…that’s it though…and it was an accident. “Umm I’ll be right back,” I told them all and they all nodded and smiled at me as I got up and walked out of the restaurant into the mall with my dad.

“Is something wrong?” I asked him.

“No. Nothing at all…I just got tired of only phone calls…I didnt know you were out with friends…” his voice trailed off.

“It’s okay dad…” I cleared my throat.

“I was wondering…if maybe you wanted to get lunch or something tomorrow” I asked shyly and he looked up at me with something in his eyes…hope maybe?

“I’d love to Rach…” he replied. “Can I ask you something though…you’ve been ignoring my calls for the longest time and when we did talk, you gave me short responses…now…it’s different”

“Just had a change of heart is all…” I murmured and he nodded. He didn’t push to get more out of me.

He took that as an answer. That’s new. “Princess…I want to be a part of your life…I know I’ve made many mistakes…and I cant take back the past years of not being a part of everything you’ve become today…but I want to now…” he said.

“I’d…really like that dad…” I said and then I hugged him.

We agreed to see each other tomorrow, he gave me a kiss good bye and hugged me again before leaving. I walked back in and sat back down with expectant smiles from all of them. I just ignored them as our food came. Supposedly Demi had ordered for me…it was what I wanted.

I glanced up at Eric as Demi, David and Jake had engaged in conversation and I could just see that playful glint in his eyes. For the longest time he has wanted my dad and I to become close…he’s getting his wish. He smirked at me. I smirked back and we continued to just enjoy the time with our friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333