‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Interlude #6

Interlude

Wanna find some boy, rip his heart right out
First man I see, gonna take him down
It ain't the Christian thing to do, they say
But someone, somewhere's gotta pay

And if it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be songs like this
And if you hadn't gone and done me wrong
I wouldn't go off like this
Yeah, even I'm surprised
How easy sweet revenge rolls off my lips
If it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be songs like this

Broke my TV, pawned my guitar
After maxing out my credit cards
You lied much too much, and you lied again
'Caught you on the couch with my best friend

And if it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be songs like this
And if you hadn't gone and done me wrong
I wouldn't go off like this
Yeah, even I'm surprised
How easy sweet revenge rolls off my lips
If it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be

Songs like this one
That tell the whole world
Just what a jerk you are

And if it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be songs like this
And if you hadn't gone and done me wrong
I wouldn't go off like this
Yeah, even I'm surprised
How easy sweet revenge rolls off my lips
If it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be

No, if it wasn't for guys like you
There wouldn't be songs like this

That was Songs Like This by Rachael Lewis and the Do-Gooders, and this is K104.7.

Interview with Rachael by Ivana Egan

Tell our readers what your song, “Songs Like This”, with the Do-Gooders is about and how did you come up with the idea.


“Well it’s pretty self explanatory almost, it’s just about a girl finding her boyfriend lying all the time and she finds him on the couch with her best friend and she talks about how he‘s the reason that guys have songs like this one written about them…your basic drama…and actually Eric and I wrote it together…”

Care to extrapolate?

“Well one day on tour Eric and I were the only ones awake on the bus and we were just talking…and our words turned into a song…”

So you just caught Eric on the couch with your best friend and you wanted revenge…

(laughs) “Oh no! We were playing a game and imagining what would’ve happen if that ever happened…Eric would never do that…we were just messing around when we wrote the song and then the guys all started to make some music for it. They’re all so talented. I was very lucky to get the opportunity of getting to know them for this tour”

And now you and Jake are back to filming your big sequel right? And I understand David Henry is in this one. Are you kind of sick of Jake by now since you’ve been with him all this time?

“Yes, he is and we’re all so excited to have him play a major roll and Jake and I are so close that I love having him around and he’s one of my really close friends, along with David and honestly, I’m really excited for him and Jake to meet because I think they will get along really well”

Well we all wish you luck…how excited were you about your new cd coming out?

“Completely excited! It’s my third cd and I’ve had like three singles already”

I know. Your songs have been on the hot charts for your singles and most sold out concerts…but now we have to ask…what went down with you and Nick? And we want to know what you were feeling when you sang Starts With Goodbye for the first time.

“…we just decided…it was best if we stopped…and I was feeling a lot of things when I sang this song for the first time…”

Yes we could all see that, it seems to be a very emotional song for you…

“It is…”

Who broke up with who?

“I’ll never tell”

We couldn’t get much out of her about Nachael breaking up but click the link below to see her reactions to our questions and you tell us if you think she’s still missing Nick.

Interview with Nick

Thank you for joining us today Nick…how is the solo project going?

“It’s going great!”

Care to share what Stay is about? Is it about Rachael?

“No one will ever know”

Do you think her song, Starts With Goodbye, is about you?

“I guess it’s possible…but with Rachael you never know”

Tell us about the breakup.

“There’s not much to tell…”

How about, how it happened.

“I’m not really sure…we just decided it was time to stop where we were, focus on our career some more not on each other…the night it happened…it was really bad. We were both crying and there was some yelling…it was just time I guess”

Who broke up with who?

“I’ll never tell”
♠ ♠ ♠
lyrics=Songs Like This by Carrie Underwood

<<333