‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

No More Tears To Shed...

I couldn’t sleep much that night in my room on the bus. I had my own room and so did Anna but she was usually on the other bus I had. The guys had bunks right outside my room. I tossed and turned in bed, trying to go back to sleep, seeing it was only 8:00 in the morning.

Flashback

“When is this all going to blow over Rea…?” Joe started, acting as if it was just some no big deal as I walked out of my dressing room with him, Kevin, Dani and Demi following.

“It’s not just going to blow over Joe…it’s done. Nick and I aren’t together anymore. Cant you both just leave it at that?” I questioned to both Joe and Kevin since Kevin was grilling me just as much as Joe was.

“No, we cant. Because we love you and Nick, Rea, and we know you both better than anyone…so we know it’s not over…” Kevin said.

“It cant be over,” Demi added.

“Rach, you and Nick have to get back together…” Dani started.

“Why? Just so we can get mad at each other and just break up again?” I inquired as we all walked outside into the parking lot in the back and it was midnight so not really anyone was out.

I walked at a fast pace, not wanting to get mobbed. “Why did you two break up? We know it’s killing you…both of you…” Joe said.

“I had to…I couldn’t deal with the drama anymore…the fights, the jealousy, the breakups and make-ups…”

“Couldn’t? Or wouldn’t?” Joe shot. I didn’t respond.

“Since when have you let any of that get in the way of what you feel for Nick?” Kevin asked.

“Yea Rea…you know Nick isn’t really the jealous type…but he only gets that way sometimes when he’s with you…” Demi added with such a gentle tone.

“But most of the time he’s trying so hard to keep it inside and not slip…doesn’t he deserve some credit for that?” Dani finished.

“Look…I cant do this right now…I really cant…I wont be back in California until September I think…I’ll keep in touch,” I promised quietly and walked onto the bus.

It drove away, leaving them all behind…the guys were watching me carefully in the living room but I just ignored their looks and went straight into my room and began crying. I wasn’t done. I wasn’t moved on. I called Miley. I felt a little better, talking to her. But…it felt weird…it didn’t feel the same. Once I lied and told her I was fine, we hung up and this time I called Taylor. She seemed to help more in a way…she stayed on the phone with me, talking, keeping my mind occupied until I fell asleep.


End Flashback

I fell asleep around 3:00 in the morning…that’s how early in the morning Taylor stayed up with me…I didn’t deserve a friend like her. I saw I had a text from Selena, asking if I was okay…I just guessed that she saw some video of me crying as I sang last night. She was most likely at work but I still replied…and then I quickly got another. We continued back and forth and I finally gave up on sleeping and walked out of my room into the living room. Eric was lounging on the couch with his guitar and notebook to the side of him as he was reading. I was caught up in so many thoughts I didn’t even catch the title.

“Hey…you okay?” I asked.

“Am I okay…I’m the one that should be asking that…”

“I don’t want to talk about it…” was all I said before sitting next to him.

At first we were silent…but then we started making up a story about what our relationship would be like in a different universe. As awkward…or weird…you might think it may have been…it actually wasn’t. It was pretty intense…and it was funny. I told him I wanted revenge sometimes because of how he ended it with me…but he knew me too well to know I would never. Then we joked about what would’ve happened if I caught him on a couch making out with Demi or Miley, even Taylor or Selena…and some how…it all kind of just turned into a song. It wasn’t necessarily about him…or us…but just about jerks in general. Soon enough, the others joined us and we all had breakfast together and just hung out, talking about our new song we would record together and about other songs.

We got to our hotel and paparazzi were standing outside, snapping shots at us as we all walked in together…with the guys keeping me close. It was like a thing of theirs…always wanting me close to them, making sure I was okay…they were my family…and I loved them with everything I had. As soon as we got to our room, I went into the shower…when I threw on my robe and walked out of the room to get a change of the clothes, all the guys were in there with Anna watching a re-run of Access Hollywood…guess which episode? If you guessed an episode showing Kevin and Danielle’s wedding…you must be psychic. It was showing Joe leading Dina onto the dance floor as they were dancing…then it also showed Nick and I heading to the dance floor, dancing…and laughing. They all looked at me and Anna quickly shut the tv off.

“So…here’s your outfit"

Meet and greet before the concert is in a few hours…you all have some time to kill” Anna smiled as she handed me clothes. I nodded and went back into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I think I cried so much that I was dry…I had no more tears to shed…for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333