‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Take The Pain Away

I woke up with blurry vision and feeling a little hot with a head ach. My hair was straggly and stiff but my clothes were warm and clean. I remember changing my clothes before falling asleep…that’s it. I sat up and felt dizzy. I heard a knock at the door and when I looked over at it, I saw Nick come in with a tray of pancakes and orange juice. “Hey,” he said gently as he came over and sat beside me, setting the tray next to us.

“Did you make this?” I asked and my voice was a little raspy.

“I had a little help…Demi, Miley and Joe wanted to come in to see you too but I told them to wait their turn,” he said and I smiled.

I looked over and saw a blanket on the rocking chair. “Did you sleep in that all night?” I laughed lightly.

“I was worried you would wake up at night and no one would hear you…how are you feeling?” he asked and I suddenly felt an aching pain again.

“Like crap”

“I would say so…you had a fever when Billy Ray took your temperature last night…” he said and then it was silent.

I felt tears coming. He held me close as I let them out while the events of last night flooded my brain. I was hurting inside. I lost something close to me…something that I was able to come to and feel at home. I left her…she was dying and I couldn’t do anything about it. She was the best friend that I could always go to, share my stories and secrets with and not worry about her judging me. Now, that one piece of my life is gone. The piece that always made me feel at home. The one that always remembered who I was when I lived here. This made me think about if I ever lost Nick…completely…or any Jonas for that matter…I would never be the same. They changed me…changed who I was…and I could never get it back if I lost any of them. I clenched to Nick tighter, at the thought.

My POV

It hurt me to see Rachael like this. I could feel her emptiness and I could see how hurt she felt. Last night, Demi and Miley brought her up here to help her get back to functioning properly and change out of her clothes and into dry ones. Joe and I were on the couch in the living room, not sure of what to do next. But then I saw Billy ray walking back…and he wasn’t alone. It had stopped raining as I flew the door open and Joe followed me out to him and a limping Faith. She was badly injured, it was obvious but she was still walking. She really was Rachael’s horse…stubborn and a fighter.

We helped Faith into the barn and Tyrus was instantly at her side as Billy Ray went to call the vet. I saw Faith was trying to convince Tyrus that she was alright but it was clear that she was in pain.

“You have to promise you wont Rachael that Faith is alive…not yet…I don’t want her to get her hopes up…” was all I said to Joe.

“I promise,” he agreed. “But Nick…what if this will be the last time for Rachael to say good bye to Faith…”

“You promised Joe,” I snapped. “I wont let Rachael get her hopes crushed if she knows about Faith,” I said as I looked at Faith and saw she had something in her eyes that told me she understood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Rachael? It’s time to go. We should leave now if we want to get you to your movie promo preparations on time,” I said as Joe and I walked into the room to see Rachael sitting out the window with Demi and Miley sitting with her.

She looked at us and put on a smile. “Alright,” she agreed.

Even though she was smiling, I could see the sadness in her eyes…and it hurt. I wrapped my arm around her and held her close as we walked out of the room. I wanted to take her pain away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachael’s POV

I couldn’t let this get in the way of life. I had other things to do and I had places to be. I couldn’t let this effect me badly…and I had to keep moving forward. I showed up with Anna at the place where Jake and David were already and I was attacked in hugs by both of them. I missed hanging out with them everyday. We did our promo thing and our photo shoot for the movie. Some pictures were pretty personal space worthy because in some, Jake had to act like he was being clingy toward me as I had to act like I was interested but at the same time I wasn’t…and he was doing a good job at it. Then, some had to look like David and I were madly in love and in others I was in the middle of David and Jake acting angry and like they were about to beat up one another. Then we did a few solo shots and we were done with extra time afterwards. We all went out for some early dinner to just hang out. At the end of the day, I was finally home and I collapsed onto my bed and sighed in contempt to feel my soft comforter beneath me. I was exhausted and felt dull…but there was one text that brightened my night and added color to it.

From Nick:

Hey. I know we were both busy today but I just wanted to tell you I love you :)

To Nick:

Not fair. I was going to text you first…you beat me to it Xp

From Nick:

Such as life…how was your day?

To Nick:

Tiring…but I miss David and Jake. We’re going on Ellen and Jimmy Fallon tomorrow, then Demi, Joe and I are going on Z100 together while you’re off doing God knows what

From Nick:

I told u it was for the cd

To Nick:

Yea, suuurre it is *rolls eyes*

From Nick:

Haha well what are u doing after the radio interview

To Nick:

*sigh* then I have ANOTHER radio interview but this time it’s with David and Jake

From Nick:

Damn. Are you ever NOT busy?

To Nick:

Umm…no.

From Nick:

Awe so you’re too busy for me? I see how it is

To Nick:

I am NEVER too busy for Nick J ;D cuz he‘s just sooooo off the chain…except for tomorrow. Tomorrow I’m too busy ^-^ so I should at least try and get some sleep

From Nick:

I don’t find you too funny -.- but okay. We’ll talk tomorrow. Love you

To Nick:

Really? Because I think I’m pretty funny…love you too :)

I finally let out a really loud sigh into my pillow until I felt yet another text but I saw this one was from Joe.

From Joe:

Hey Rearea u want me and Demi 2 come pick you up tomorrow and we’ll just drive u 2 Ellen then we’ll all get on a plane together and head 2 NY

To Joe:

Sounds fine Joe. But now if u don’t mind, I’m kinda tired

From Joe:

Okay, okay I can take a hint. Night Rearea :)

To Joe:

Night Joe.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so u guys are all so awesome! u have no idea
i got so many comments and they all mean so much to me
so i felt u all desserved more
and i saw the movie Flicka and i admit i cried
but i just had to pt this in the story but now i have to wait a little bit to post more
advirtising this story would be so cool if someone was up to tht!

<<333

Image