‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Fresh Meat

“…they’re stars of the hit movie Gonna Get Caught, he’s on the Emmy award winning show Wizards of Waverly Place, she’s on the top charts, and the most popular celebrity of our time…and he’s brand new to the business of acting and performing in a band called the Do-Gooders…please welcome, David Henrie, Rachael Lewis and Jake Linesting!” Ellen announced and the crowd went wild as we all walked onto the set, waving to the crowd.

We all walked over to Ellen, giving her hugs, before sitting down on the couch with me in the middle. I was wearing a pair of jeans that fit me perfectly and a silk top that had one of my sleeves coming off my shoulder and my tank top and my bra straps were showing but it played it off to look like regular tank straps. Both the shirt and pants from my own line of clothing. I’ve been so busy over the years that I’ve never actually given a clothing line any thought. But now I have one and it comes out November 20th. I had some lip gloss on and a little blush to match my tone with the setting.

“Thank you all for being on the show today. I know you’re all so busy. Where are you going next?”

The guys looked at me. I laughed. “They don’t know…umm after this, we’re going to see Jimmy Fallon. Then we have a radio interview to get to, then I have another radio interview…”

“And these are just the pre-promos for our movie, the promo, promos are next year before our movie comes out” David pointed out and Ellen laughed.

“The promo promos. I have to remember that one…” The crowd laughed. “Okay, since you’re all on such a tight schedule, I try to make it quick…lets start with Jake…everyone knows you as the fresh meat…and those aren’t my words, but how did you react when you found out you would be working with Rachael for your first big movie project?”

“Honestly, I was so nervous that I literally almost passed out when I found out” he admitted.

“Oh please, I bet he did pass out” David joked and everyone laughed as Jake rolled his eyes.

“Do you always get teased like this?”

“Do I ever” he complained.

“They always double team” he added and David and I couldn’t help but laugh and others joined in. “No, but I was so nervous. Then I get to the set and I met Rachael for the first time and we had time to hang out and she made it so comfortable to be around her and she just made everything look so easy. Over time we just became really close and there was really no need to be nervous in the first place”

“Were you ever worried about messing up?”

“Oh, definitely. But then I would see how bad Rachael would mess up and I felt all better” he joked and everyone laughed as I stuck my tongue out at him and made a face.

“Seriously though, I was worried about messing up but Rach helped a lot”

“Is all of this weird…having all of these interviews, photo shoots, and being so busy all the time?”

“Umm it’s more exciting than weird…it’s never a dull moment in my life anymore”

“I can imagine…okay, onto Rachael…first of all, I have to say I love your outfit”

“Thank you, it‘s actually from my clothing line, coming out soon” I cooed.

“Are you being paid to wear it? Stand up, show it off” she asked as a joke and people laughed, including me.

“No, no, I’m not. I just feel like they covered my style so well that I have to wear the clothes because they make me feel comfortable and stylish at the same time” I explained as I stood up and spun around once as I looked down at myself. Then I sat down.

“Well it’s very cute…how was it working with Jake and David in the movies?”

“It was so much fun. I was so happy to get the chance to work with Jake and I actually helped with the casting. Paul, our director, sent me the video auditions so I could watch them and I don’t know what it was, but I had a really good feeling about Jake and I usually go with my gut instinct”

“She told me it was because of my good looks”

“Yea, in your dreams maybe”

“Are they always like this?”

“Believe it or not, they’re worse than this” David replied.

“It’s not just us though, the three of us are nothing but trouble when we’re together” I informed her.

“Even when she was on wizards, she was nothing but trouble” David joked.

“Were you excited when you heard you would be working together again or was it a little nerve-wracking knowing you would have to have a few romantic scenes with each other”

“I was definitely excited, to be honest, when Rachael was on Wizards we became really close”

“Yea and it gave the setting a much more comfortable atmosphere, especially since we had to act as a romantic couple on Wizards…”

“Hmm do you think they’re hinting to you two a little” she commented and some laughs were heard as David and I laughed as well.

Maybe…I look up to him like a big brother though, so it would just be weird to date him”

“Does he ever have the protective trait of an older brother?”

“Oh, all the time. He’s the cool older brother though, he likes to try and protect me from boys…but he has his moments”

“Is Rachael ever the pesky younger sister?”

“No way, she’s so cool…” he said in a mocking manner and I just laughed at him as others did as well. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Okay, okay, I don’t want to start any sibling rivalry. Next topic…this question is for Rachael from a fan, do you ever look back at the music you used to the write and compare it to the music you write now and do you ever do the same thing with tv and movie projects? What do you think?”

“I do find myself looking back on all the tv shows I guest starred on and I think about how far I’ve come. I went from guest starring on my best friends’ tv shows and other big hit shows, to having my own movie projects…and when it comes to my music…I like looking back on how mature my music had become”

“Your voice has matured as well…shall we take a look?”

“Oh geez” I muttered.

Then an old photo of Nick and I appeared on the screen. It was when we just turned fifteen and he had his around my shoulders as my arm was around his waist and we had the cheesiest grins on.

“Awe, weren’t they cute?” Ellen cooed. “And their voices are what blew us away” she added and music from our song What If began playing and we all heard my fifteen year old voice combined with Nick’s.

What if
It was meant to be
What if
It was destiny
This trip
Baby you and me
We might never get another chance
So let's skip
All the history
And just click
To the you and me
And then-maybe we'll see
If this what if could be


Everyone started clapping and cheering as David and Jake added their own cheers as I blushed lightly. Then a new song started playing.

You gotta live to party, bust your move
Everybody’s in the groove
Tell the DJ to play my song
Are you ready to rock and roll


Then it started going slower.

This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home.


It picked up the pace and Ellen stood up so she started dancing as my voice filled the air with Nicks. She got me up as well and David and Jake joined us as well and we all started dancing.

No you cant have World War III
If there's only one side fighting
And you know
Woah oh
That there's lessons left to learn
Every time you attack
It doesn't drive me to fight you back
And then I know
Woah oh
That I'll never let it be World War III


By now, everyone in the crowd was dancing along with us.

We used to have this figured out
We used to breathe without a doubt
The nights were clearer for the first time that I'd see
We used to have this under control
We never thought we used to know
At least there's you
And at least there's me
Can we get this back?
Can we get this back?
To how it used to be


Then it started to slow down again and everyone was now doing whatever they felt like.

I guess it's gonna have to hurt,
I guess I'm gonna have to cry,
And let go of some things I've loved,
To get to the other side,

I guess it's gonna break me down,
Like falling when you try to fly,
It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life,
Starts with goodbye.


The music stopped and everyone started clapping as we all sat back down. “Sorry, I just had to get some music in there somehow”

“Not a problem” I laughed.

“Can you tell us what we should expect for upcoming albums?”

“Umm you can expect more personal songs and even more mature sounds”

“Well I cant wait, the sequel to Gonna Get Caught comes out next summer and the Do-Gooders debute album comes out in two days. Thank you all for coming today”

“Oh, it was our pleasure” David answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, David, Jake, Demi, Joe and I were all on a private plane , almost to New York. I have to admit I was kind of nervous…not for Jimmy Fallon obviously and not even for the radio interview with David and Jake…but for the radio interview with Joe and Demi. Originally, it was just supposed to be me going, but Anna said that this guy likes to get personal sometimes that it would be best to have some kind of backup and Demi and Joe volunteered right away. Joe: because “I’m his little Rearea and no one messes with me when he’s around” (his words) and Demi…just because she’s my best friend ever. I wanted to keep distracted, so I pulled out Joe’s video camera while he began to doze off and got Demi’s attention so she followed me to the back of the plane. I turned the camera on and put it on Demi and I.

“Hey guys it’s Rachael and Demi here and we are on our way to New York. Todayy’s a very busy day but it would be nice to show you guys what we do in our spare time when we’re with the male population”

“Lesson number one when with the male population…always come prepared” Demi said as she pulled out a marker.

“Oh my dear Demi, they don’t know the guys like we do…if the guys by you have a tendency to prank you back, you have to go all out” I smirked and pulled out a can of whip cream and silly string, looking into the camera.

But I saw Demi looking at me. “Where do you get this stuff?” she laughed and I gave her an innocent look.

“I asked the flight attendent if they had any…and they did…plus I had the silly string in my bag” I smiled.

“You carry silly string with you?” she inquired. “Doesn’t everybody?” I joked and smiled into the camera.

Never ever try to prank Rachael, it wont end pretty” Demi said into the camera.

“Word up…you ready?”

“Of course”

Then I faced the camera in the other direction and I filmed David, Jake and Joe sleeping. “Lesson number two, make sure you have easy targets” I whispered into the camera and then pointed it at Demi as she was near Joe’s face.

“Joe is a heavy sleeper as long as he’s really asleep so if I go like this…” she whispered and then made a mark on his cheek with the marker and he didn’t wake up.

“It means he’s asleep” she added and began to draw a mustach on him and she connected his eye brows so it looked like he had a unibrow.

I was trying hard not to laugh. Then when she finished, she took the camera from me and put it on me as I got in between David and Jake. I started with David and I put some silly string on his face. Then I went to put the whip cream on Jake but he jumped up, startling me so I yelped and went to jump back but I fell over the side of the seats and onto the floor on the other side as they all woke up and Demi and Jake was laughing her ass off while she was taping me on the floor and David and Joe woke up. Jake sprayed me with the whip cream and then helped me up and David and Joe were not happy with the outcome of our little prank.

“Fresh meat wins again!” Jake cheered.

“Lesson number three, always have a backup plan” I said as Demi pointed the camera at me and our little war of whip cream and silly string broke out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333