‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Losing Trust and Friendship

We parked the car in a “special” car garage and started walking. We went right to the square and started shopping around. Big Rob was doing his job when we started getting notice but we happily gave out autographs and took pictures with fans and socialized. When we were in some stores though, we actually had some privacy and no one bothered us…which is when we got Big Rob to try on some stuff and buy some things. We couldn’t make him seem harmless in front of people. No one would be afraid of him then. We also went to the ice skating rink and skated for a bit. It was a lot of fun…especially since I was trying to help Demi and Joe get their balance in the beginning, while still trying to get my own balance. Once we started getting the hang of it, we were messing around and testing our limits…only to result in us falling down a bunch of times or skating into one another. One time, Joe skated into me, causing me to fly into Demi and we both flew to the ground and slid across the ice until we hit the wall. We all groaned but ended up laughing like crazy as some of the chaperone skaters came to make sure we were alright.

It soon got dark and we all decided it was time to go. We got to the airport and of course paparazzi was there. They kept throwing questions at me like no tomorrow. But Anna was leading the way as Joe put his arm around me, keeping me close and Demi hooked her arm with mine as Big Rob quickly got us all out of there and onto our private plane. As it took off, Joe and Demi were both on the verge of sleep. I stared out the window. I started to miss Nick more than ever today. I missed him all day of course but an ach inside me started to rise. I sighed and shut my eyes…hoping that maybe my dreams would consume of the one thing that I wanted at my side…Nick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got back to California and Joe and Demi came back to my house as Anna went out to see Zach. The three of us weren’t doing anything though because we were exhausted. We were all in the living room, on the couch, in our pajamas, watching movies until we realized we were hungry and Joe agreed he would cook something for us. As we all chilled in the kitchen, Demi and I were sitting at the island with Joe cooking right in front of us on the stove. I got a text.

From Miley:

Hey how did the interview w/ DJ Cruz go?

To Miley:

It was…very amusing. You’ll prob hear about it but lets just say…Joe and Demi had my back

From Miley:

I knew they would. You know I would’ve gone too, but I had some other business to take care of

To Miley:

What kind of business???

From Miley:

You’ll find out soon enough


Then my phone began to ring and it was Nick. “Hey” I smiled, answering the phone.

I looked up to see Demi and Joe smiling at me, so I rolled my eyes and walked away and up to my room. “Hey. How was your day?”

“Exhausting…I miss you” I admitted as I shut my door and then jumped onto my bed.

“I miss you too…and you have no idea how much I love you”

“I love you too Nick…”

“I have a surprise for you, I hope this helps you get a feel of how much I love you” he cheesed and I giggled.

“Nick I know how much you love me. What are you getting at?”

“Turn on your video chat” he instructed, so I did and his face popped up onto my screen.

We both hung up our phones. “Hey…umm why are you in a barn?” I asked him as I noticed his surroundings.

“I’m in Tennessee” he informed me.

“What? Why are you there?”

“Miley and I came here while Joe and Demi kept you busy because…I had to make sure your early birthday present was alright”

“I’m not sure if I understand…”

“We came to check on Faith” he said and I felt my heart stop.

“Faith? But Nick…”

“She’s alright” he smiled at me.

“She’s…what…?” my breath was caught.

“She made a full recovery” he told me and turned his laptop so it was pointed at Miley petting a horse with bandages wrapped around it…and it was my horse.

“Faith, please tell Rachael you’re okay” Nick said and Faith made an incredibly happy noise as she did a small dance with her feet and we all laughed.

“Oh my god…” I whispered as I felt the tears.

He pointed the laptop at himself again. “I didn’t want to tell you because I didn’t want to get your hopes up…if I told you that Faith was still alive and then she suddenly didn’t make it…I wouldn’t be able to watch as your hopes were crushed…I wouldn’t have been able to deal with it” he told me and avoided my eyes the whole time.

“Nick Jonas…” I said, sternly and it almost looked like he cringed at the sound of his full name coming from my mouth. “Look at me?” I requested, gently.

When he snapped his eyes onto mine, I saw…so much love…and care. “You better get your butt back here fast so I can kiss you” I told him and he smiled brightly.

“I’ll be home as soon as I can”

“Good…well I better go downstairs before Joe burns the house down…I love you”

“I love you too Rea”

“Bye Miley!” I yelled.

Then she popped up at Nick’s side and pushed him out of the way so she was in view. “Bye Rach! We’re still on for Saturday right?”

“Of course! I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Frankie and I are going to meet you, Noah and Liam at the park at 1:00”

“Sounds like a plan…”

Then Nick shoved Miley lightly, to get back into view. “Hey!” she complained.

“I’ll text you tomorrow. Have fun with Austin and Collin” he told me.

“I will” I said and then blew him a kiss and then laughed as he smiled. I shut my laptop off.

I ran down the stairs, excitedly, almost falling down them, and I ran into the kitchen, sliding over to the island where Demi was still seated and Joe was almost done cooking.

“Faith is okay!” I yelled.

“That’s great Rea!” Demi exclaimed as she jumped up from her seat and they were both smiling at me.

“Yea…” I said, slowly as I was smelling the air. “Oh my god Joe! This smells amazing!” I cooed.

The door bell rang and I started walking to get it. “Glad you think so! It’s something new I’ve tried. It’s the first time I’ve actually cooked it for other people!” he told me.

“Well I certainly cant wait to…”

My words stopped coming out of my mouth as I opened the door…to reveal Eric standing there. I was already prepared to slam the door shut. My grip tightened on the knob as I kept it half opened and half closed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him, quietly but showing strength in my words.

“I had to come by and see you” he stepped forward.

“No, no you arent doing this again Eric! I wont let you. Don’t ruin my life again. I’m done with you and me. I thought we could be friends, but obviously we cant from what you tried doing the night of your sisters funeral” I sneered.

“And that’s one of the reasons why I had to come. Please Rachael, let me explain…” he started.

“Rachael, who’s…” Joe started to say, but stopped in his tracks when he came into view with Demi at his side.

“You should run now” I whispered to Eric.

“I think you should leave Eric…right now” Joe said and I could hear the venom in his voice.

“I cant yet” Eric said, back to him.

He seriously was asking for a death wish. Joe started to stalk in our direction, ready to deck Eric…I could see it. “Joe, it’s fine. He was just leaving…” I put my hands up to his chest.

“Yea, I’ll show him the door” he spat, his eyes never leaving Eric as I was trying to force him to stop and Demi quickly got to us, to help me.

“Joe calm down…what’s going on?” she asked but I didn’t answer…no one did.

We were all silent as I avoided Demi’s gaze. Once I made sure he wouldn’t move and Demi was keeping him under control, I let go and faced Eric.

“Eric, whatever it is, I don’t care to hear about it…you lost my trust completely and you ruined our friendship…”

“But Rach! Don’t you ever think about what would’ve happened if you and I stayed together? Imagine what we could have?”

“I used to imagine it…but now, I don’t care for it…I love Nick and I’m done with you trying to ruin this for me”

“So this is it…you’re going to spend the rest of your life with him?” he said with a disgusted tone. “If he lets me…yes” I told him and crossed my arms across my chest.

“Okay…” he choked…and I saw tears come to his eyes.

I never liked seeing Eric cry…to him, it was like a sign of weakness…he showed it when necessary…he was showing me that he was weak from my words…and it kind of hurt knowing I did that to him. My expression lightened but I was sticking my ground.

“I think it’d be best if you left now Eric” I told him.

He nodded. He looked up at my eyes first…as if he was sending me a message…his eyes were filled with pain and sadness. He walked out the door though and shut it. It was silent.

“Okay…someone better explain to me what just happened” Demi demanded.

I turned around to look at her and then Joe and I shared looks. His look was sympathetic and worried…for me. The two of us have kept our secret for a while now…and so far it was going great…until Eric showed up…I guess it was time we finally told someone what happened. I took Demi’s arm and led her into the kitchen as Joe followed. We all sat at the island as Joe served out the food to us…and I started to tell her. I know I said, right after Eric’s sisters funeral I got straight back to work…but it’s not exactly how it went.

“It was just a few days after Melissa’s funeral when it was Eric’s sisters funeral and later that same day, I was given the rest of the day off from shooting the movie because Paul wanted me to just gather my thoughts together…”

Flashback

I was in low riding pajama bottoms and a tight tank top. I was home alone, so it’s not like it mattered what I was wearing. Joe was coming over though to give me some company and so was Demi in fact but she was coming after work. Around five, the door bell rang and I expected it to be Joe…it wasn’t. It was a drunk Eric.

“Eric…what are you doing?” I asked, immediately pulling him inside to help him keep his balance.

I smelt the beer on him right away. “I saw sis Rach. I saw her” he said and started crying but his cries turned into laughter.

“I’m sure you did…”

“You smell good” he hummed, shoving his nose into my hair.

“Okay Eric, come on, lets go upstairs and I’ll make you some tea” I said and helped him up the stairs.

We got to my room and he collapsed onto my bed but brought me down with him…and in the blink of an eye, he flipped us both so he was ontop of me and I was looking up at him as I was trying to get him off.

“Eric. Get the hell off me. Right. Now” I demanded.

“No can do Rearea” he said and I opened my mouth to speak…which was a bad idea.

He pushed his lips onto mine and shoved his tongue down my throat…literally, almost making me gag. Usually, I would be able to kick his ass but today, I was so not in the mood and I had no strength…he overpowered me. His kiss was aggressive…it wasn’t like the way he used to kiss me…with delecacy and passion and care. It was gross, sloppy…and heartbreaking. He started feeling me up and ripped my shirt over my head in one swift motion so I was left in my bra and pajama pants.

“Eric! Stop it!” I yelled as he moved his lips to my neck.

He just groaned in response. “Okay Rearea I brought over…” I heard a voice, I never thought I’d be so happy to hear.

As soon as I heard my nickname, Rearea, I felt relief. “Rach?” I heard him ask out loud. Thank god the door was open so I could hear him come in.

“Joe!” I screamed.

“Rachael?!” he yelled back and I heard items drop the ground as I winced because of the larger amount of pressure that Eric was now putting on me…but I didn’t show the pain.

“Joe! Help!” I screamed again but then Eric pressed his lips to mine, hard, again.

“Get the hell off of her!” Joe yelled as he appeared at the door way and I felt Eric’s grip loosen as he turned to look at Joe.

I took the advantage to get out of his grip, curled my legs up to my chest and kicked him in the face so he stumbled a little. Joe, then tackled him to the ground…and they went at it. Luckily…Joe was stronger. He punched Eric once in the face and Eric was out cold. He was breathing deeply from anger and I could tell he was trying to refrain from beating the shit out of him. But then he looked up at me and looked at my eyes. He stood up and pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly and I hugged him back, just as tight.

“Are you alright?” he murmured.

“Yea…I’m fine”

“Did he hurt you?”

“No…he didn’t…you came just in time”

“Thank God” he muttered.

“I love you Joe” I said as I felt the tears come because I was scared.

I never saw Eric like that before…and hes never done that to me before. “I love you too Rearea” he chuckled.

“Now put your shirt back on, you’re going to catch a cold” he said and I just laughed and rolled my eyes at him as he threw me my shirt.

I looked back at Eric on the floor though as I put my shirt back on. “We cant tell anyone about this Joe…promise me you wont tell anybody…Eric was drunk…he didn’t know what he was doing…I’m never going to talk to him again but we cant tell anyone…and when Demi comes over, we act like nothing happened…and we especially can’t tell Nick…”

“Okay okay stop babbling…I don’t know where you’re going with this but I wasn’t going to tell anyone, I was just going to bash his face in a few times”

“Well you cant do that either…can you?…no, no you can’t”

“Not even a little?”

“…if he’s fully aware of what’s going on, then yes…right now, you have to go take Eric to Jake’s place…he’ll be better off there…then when you come back, Demi should be here and you act like you just showed up”

“Alright…I’ll be back soon…you sure you’ll be alright while I’m gone?”

“Joe, I’ll be fine…just hurry up and make sure no one sees you”

“Yes because I really need a rumor going around, saying I’m a murderer” he said sarcastically as he threw Eric over his shoulder and walked out.


End Flashback

“Oh my god…” she breathed out. “I cant believe that happened” she added.

“Yea…”

“So Nick doesn’t know then”

“No, he doesn’t and I don’t plan on telling him…if he finds out somehow then I’ll deal, but for right now…I just want him home with nothing to fight about. I just want to be done with the drama” I said as I played with the food in front of me with my fork.

They gave me understanding looks. “This is really good Joe” I murmured and he took that as a cue to drop the subject.

So he smiled brightly and proudly. “Just wait and see what I made for dessert”

“You made dessert too?” I was in shock. “My big brother, the cook” I smiled proudly at him and we all laughed lightly…knowing, this all could possibly turn bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
u guys seriously all rock
ive never gotten this many comments before!
its great
thank u all so much

more subscribers would be so cool lol

<<333

Image