Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

Legal Matters

“I want nothing to do with this child,” Monica said simply as we waited in my parents living room for the lawyer to arrive so we can legally sort this out. Monica wants nothing to do with this child yet my Brother wants to step up and be a man about it. He wants to raise his child, even though he doesn’t love the baby’s Mother and this entire situation was a huge mistake, he wants his baby.

Monica and her parents all agreed to do this legally, which is why the lawyer is coming over with some agreements. While Monica is pregnant with the child she will see a Doctor regularly and keep herself and the baby healthy, then once the child is born it is given to my Brother. It’s basically like a closed adoption almost, after the kid is born Monica wants nothing to do with my Brother or the baby and Aaron wants to make sure that even if Monica does have a change in heart she won’t be able to see the child. Which is right, in my eyes at least, since having come out about this pregnancy Monica has gone out and gotten wasted, she’s trying the best she can to hurt that baby, to fuck up her pregnancy just to get back at my Brother for getting her pregnant. Well, he didn’t get her pregnant by himself, she is just as much at fault as Aaron is, she just doesn’t see it that way apparently.

Shifting my weight on my feet, I let out an exhausted sigh before looking down at my ever growing baby bump. Though it’s never very big right now to others, I feel like it’s just sticking out, mainly because I can feel it, it’s a part of my body and I notice every little change where as others don’t. Walking away from the living room, I went in the kitchen to hopefully find something decent to eat in my parents fridge. With the door open, I glance in at the contents but found nothing that really caught my eye.

“Do you love me or do you love me?” I heard Cory question as he walked into the kitchen, gaining my attention. I glanced over my shoulder at him to see that he was holding to-go bags from Red Robin’s and that brought a small smile to face. Upon seeing my smile, Cory grinned cutely, “Hey, I’m a decent Husband, I know when my Wife is wanting something decent to eat but doesn’t want to make it herself.”

I laughed softly as I walked over to the bags he just set down, “You seem to be in a happy mood.”

“Someone around here needs to be,” He pointed out, “Plus, I had a great practice, we have a show this weekend up at the Boardwalk, it’s going to be pretty badass.” He inhaled deeply as he dug everything out of the bags, “I didn’t know what you wanted so I got clucks and fries and a bacon burger and whichever one you don’t eat, I will.” He informed me before looking around, “Where’s Ted?”

“Upstairs playing video games in Aaron’s room,” I answered, “Did you get him something?”

“Yeah, I called like twenty minutes ago from the restaurant to see if anyone wanted anything, your Mom told me to just get Ted something, that Aaron and your parents were busy.”

“Oh,” I nodded slowly before pointing to the burger and the chicken, “Want to share?” I asked, because both of them looked amazing.

Cory laughed, “Yeah,” He agreed before walking away up the stair case in the kitchen, “Ted?” He called out half way up the stairs, “Buddy, I got you food!” He went on.

I rolled my eyes before taking a bite of a French fry, “Did it come with a toy?” Ted wondered as he came down the stairs.

“No, I didn’t go get fast food, it’s Red Robin’s, they don’t give you toys, Ted.” Cory answered the six year old.

Ted wrinkled his nose before sitting down at the table with wide eyes. Without a word, I grabbed his meal and walked over, setting it down in front of him, I grabbed a napkin and handed it to him, “Use it,” I ordered, knowing he can get really messy when he’s eating, he’s the worst. Growing up, I never remember Aaron being that messy but then again Aaron and I are closer together in age, I was almost three when he was born and when he was old enough to eat on his own I was probably still making a mess too.

“How do you want to do this, Mama?” Cory wondering, calling me ‘Mama’ something he’s been doing since my pregnancy was confirmed by a Doctor, he doesn’t do it a lot but when he does it brings a gentle smile to my face, “Do you want me to cut the burger in half or not?”

“No,” I answered, “You don’t have to cut it,” I assured, “Are you scared of sharing with me because of cooties,” I teased.

He raised his eyebrow and shot his bright green eyes over towards me, “If I was scared of cooties, my son wouldn’t be growing in you right now,” He pointed out.

I just smiled then shook my head, “You don’t have to cut it, I probably won’t even eat half, I just want a few bites here and there, the chicken looks better to me,” I admitted.

“Ok,” He brought our food over to the table and sat down with me, “How’s everything going?” He wondered before taking the first bite of the monstrous burger.

I shrugged while taking the lid off of the dipping ranch, “She hates the baby, she hates my Brother, to me it seems like she just hates life,” I whispered then I looked over into Cory’s green eyes, “How does someone hate an unborn child, their own unborn child?” I wondered.

Cory shook his head, “I don’t know, Babe.” He shrugged his shoulders before wiping his mouth off with a napkin, “I don’t get it either.”

“It’s cold and heartless.” I insisted while dipping a small piece of ripped chicken in the ranch before eating it.

Looking over at me, Cory smiled softly before reaching over with his napkin and wiping the corner of my lips and laughed quietly, “You’re such a slob, Hallie.” He teased playfully as he put the napkin down and took another bite of the burger, “They look really pissed in there.” He informed me, his mouth now full.

“They have every right to be pissed,” I assured him then looked over at Ted who was almost completely through with his own burger that was on the big side for a kid, “Ted, wipe your mouth,” I ordered, seeing ketchup all over his mouth.

He looked up at me then grabbed his napkin before wiping, “Better?” He wondered with a curious look on his face.

“Yes, better.” I agreed.

Ted gave me a toothy grin before going back to his meal. I turned my attention back on Cory, “How was practice besides ‘great’?”

“It went amazing,” He answered, “We’re writing songs for our EP and all of them are insane,” Cory shook his head, “It’s going to be hard to narrow it down, for sure.”

I wrinkled my nose, “You said something about a show at the Boardwalk?” I wondered.

“Oh!” He exclaimed then looked over at me, “Yeah, just a bunch of local bands but it’ll be fun. Are you going to attending or are you going to be a moody, pregnant lady and not go?”

“Depends on how I’m feeling,” I pointed out, “But, have I ever missed a show?”

“A few,” He answered.

“Only because I was pissed off at you at the time or we weren’t together.”

He shrugged, “Still missed a show,” He teased.

I rolled my eyes then reached over and played with his hair, “Babe?”

“What?” He answered, not looking at me as he stole a chicken strip and the ranch.

“Are you sure you love our baby?” I wondered in a quiet whisper, “Are you sure that once he gets here you won’t change your mind and leave us?”

“I’m more than sure, I’m one hundred percent.” Cory assured me before dipping the piece of chicken back into the ranch and holding it up to my mouth, “You need to eat,” He ordered. I took a bite of the chicken without protest and he simply sigh, “You’ve barely been eating since Aaron and Monica came out about their pregnancy,” He pointed out, “You’ve lost weight, Hallie, just a week ago you were complaining about needing new jeans and now you’re not, you need to eat.”

I inhaled as I chewed, “I’m fine,” I assured him, “And I do need to eat more,” I admitted then I smiled, “But, I can stay in my jeans a little longer if I buy a tummy sleeve, it helps support and suck in my baby bump.”

Cory stared at me, not impressed with a tummy sleeve, “You want to hide the baby bump?” He wondered.

“No, but I’ll be able to stay in my clothes a little longer meaning it’s going to cost less money for us,” I paused, “And I’ll need belly support sooner or later, I heard horror story about in the later months your belly is so heavy that it puts a lot of pressure on …” I looked over at my little Brother and sighed, “On that certain area.” I ended.

Cory laughed at my wording but nodded, “Ok,” He said softly, “Get it,” He leaned over and kissed my lips lovingly, I smiled as I kissed back having missed his kiss, with me adjusting to my pregnancy then with this whole thing with Aaron, it’s been a good few weeks since Cory and I have had sex, “I want to go home,” He mumbled against my lips before getting back to our rather passionate kiss.

I pulled away from him, “We have to wait,” I ordered.

“Why?” He wondered, “They don’t truly need us here,” He pointed out, “We have a phone, they can call.”

“You just want in my panties,” I whispered to him.

“Can you blame me?” He wondered, “You may feel horrible but Babe,” He paused, “Damn, you still look amazing to me … very sexy.” He assured me before kissing me once more.

I pulled away once again, “Can we at least finish eating?”

“Yes,” He laughed then let out a soft sigh as we went back to eating knowing as soon as we’re finished we’d be leaving for much needed alone time yet I still can’t but feel bad for my little Brother, for the situation going on in the living room of my parents house right now. It isn’t right and it isn’t fair but Aaron did this to himself, at least he has the balls to admit it, accept it and embrace it. If he truly does go through with raising this baby by himself, I’ll be extremely proud of him but he still doesn’t deserve this, he deserves better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
'Cause when you're Fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them.