Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

Confession

With a sad face while sitting in Cory’s lap, I stared at the TV blankly while my parents had a heated argument with my Grandmother over the phone in the kitchen. I didn’t want this to end up like this, I just wanted to leave and just forget about it but apparently after Cory and I left the house and huge family feud broke out. Some people took my parents side others took my Grandmothers but one thing is for sure, family’s shouldn’t be that mean to each other at Thanksgiving, they shouldn’t be that hateful, period.

Now, we’re back home in Elk Grove and I’m hating life. Not only was my dressed ruined but the holiday was a complete mess and Cory had a shitty birthday because of me and my family. But he’s been really good with me, staying next to me and comforting me the best way he knows how.

Practically stumbling down the stairs, Aaron rushed into the living room and looked down at Cory and I, “I need a favor,” he said, panting quickly.

Cory looked up at him with a weird face, “What?”

“I need a condom.” He said in a hushed whisper before glancing over his shoulder towards the kitchen.

Cory and I both laughed at his demand but I quickly stopped when I noticed he was dead serious about the condom, “Aaron,” I mumbled with shock.

Cory continued to laugh a little bit then shook his head, “I don’t have any, I don’t use condoms.” He informed the fifteen year old simply before tightening his grip around my body.

Aaron whined stressfully before he looked back up at the stairs, “Great,” he grumbled as he looked back at us, “A lot of help you two are.” He snapped.

“Why?” Cory went on, “You got a pretty girl up there?” He smiled.

“No, not now but …” Aaron trailed off, “A friend is coming over in a few minutes,”

Cory let out a loud sigh before pressing his lips to my ear, “I’m gonna take a trip to the store,” He mumbled, “I’ll be back in a few minutes,” He kissed me softly, “Do you need anything?” He asked.

I shook my head a little bit, “I don’t think so.” I answered.

“Ok,” He moved his lips to my neck and kissed me lovingly, “I’ll be right back.” He said again as he carefully pushed me off of his lap and stood up, “I’ll go buy you some, but you owe me.” Cory said sternly to my brother as he pointed a finger at him, “Because I know you’re going to have sex with this friend with or without a condom and I’d feel real shitty if in three weeks your lady friend tells you she’s pregnant.” He added, “Keep it in your pants until I get back.” He demanded.

I smiled at Cory as he slid his feet into his shoes and left the house without another word. Turning my attention to my little brother, my smile faded as a frown replaced it, “What are you doing having sex, anyway?” I questioned, “I thought you didn’t have a girlfriend.”

“I do but I don’t.” He admitted.

“Oh,” I nodded, “Is she a slut?”

“No.”

“Is this her first time too?’

“Yeah.”

“Oh.” I mocked then I shrugged my shoulders, “It won’t last long and don’t be surprised if she’s disappointed.”

“Was that how you felt with Cory?” Aaron wondered.

I laughed then shrugged, “It was quick,” I assured, “Then I wouldn’t let him touch me for six months, what's your guess?”

“Wouldn’t let who touch you?” My Dad snapped as he came into the living room.

I looked at him, “Cory,” I answered simply, “After our first time.”

“Enough,” He said, holding up his hand, “I love Cory like a son but I do not need to hear that shit.” He went on before turning his attention to Aaron, “What are you up to? I thought you were going to the mall with some friends.”

“I decided not to,” Aaron answered, “They weren’t going straight to the mall, they had to go have lunch with Jimmy’s Mom first, I don’t like her.”

“I don’t blame you,” My Dad let out a long sigh before turning his attention to me, “Where is Cory?” He wondered, a little worried, “He’s been attached to you at the hip since the dress incident.”

“He had to run to the store really fast.” I muttered, “I needed some girl products and…”

“Enough,” He said again then shook his head, “God, the things you make that boy do. There was no way in hell I’d go buy that shit for your Mother when I was eighteen.” He admitted as he started to walk away, “Well, when he gets back, send him out to the garage, I want to talk to him, I’ll be working on the car.”

“Ok,” I agreed as I watched him walk away. Once he was out of sight and earshot, I looked back up at Aaron and frowned deeply, “I just saved your butt,” I pointed out while standing to my feet, “You owe me, because if Daddy found out you’re having sex, he’d kick your ass.”

“You think so?” Aaron asked, “He let’s you have sex.”

“Let’s me?” I laughed, “He never ‘let’ me have sex, he caught Cory and I having sex and decided that he’d rather it be here and protected than in the back of Cory’s car while practicing pull and pray.” I shrugged my shoulder then I slapped him on the back as I walked by him, “Just be safe.” I ordered, knowing that I’m not going to stop him because he obviously thinks he’s ready.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw my Mom sitting at the counter with her down, looking through the phone book, “What’s up?” I questioned.

She looked up at me sadly then looked back down at the phone book, “I’m trying to find a bridal shop that’ll be able to make you a dress in time for your Wedding.” She informed me.

“Mom,” I whispered softly, “Don’t worry about it, Cory’s taking me to the bay next weekend, I’ll just find a dress then.”

“Why is he taking you?” She wondered.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, “He’s meeting up with some friends who are coming in from out of town and I figured I’d tag along so I could go shopping while he’s hanging out with them.”

“Well, why don’t I just take you?” She suggested, “That way Cory doesn’t have to worry about you while he’s with his friends and we can have some girl time.”

“Ok,” I agreed, “That’s fine.”

She gave me a soft smile then closed the phone book, “Daddy’s really upset still,” She informed me.

I nodded.

“Your Grandmother is trying to convince him that she didn’t ruin the dress though she wish she had thought about it on her own.” She rolled her eyes, “And you know what, I hate to admit it, but I believe her. She cold but not that cold, she wouldn’t go that far, she wouldn’t risk losing Daddy from her life. Skipping the Wedding, that’s fine, Daddy can handle that but ruining your dress, the way you looked at that dress … he draws the line there.”

“Who let the dog in then?” I questioned, “I put him out right before I went to sleep, no one was awake, Cory was even out cold when I got in bed.”

“I don’t know, no one is confessing up there. Your Aunt is trying to talk Dad into going back up for her Wedding but he’s not leaving until someone takes the blame, he’s livid.”

I made a sad face as I traced the counter with my finger tips, “It’s not that big of deal,” I whispered, “I can find a new dress,” I assured, “I know Dad was really looking forward to the Wedding.”

“I did it,” A tiny whisper said from the dining room table, catching both mine and my Mother’s attention, “I let the dog in, I didn’t mean to hurt the dress.” Ted went on as he lifted his head and gave us the most depressed look I’ve ever seen on a six year old, “But Gumby was at the back door crying when I got a drink, he was cold.” Ted explained.

I dropped my jaw as I stared at my little brother and suddenly I wasn’t so pissed off about the dress, I just felt really bad for him.

“Ted, why didn’t you tell us?” My Mom questioned as she walked over to her youngest.

“I didn’t want to get in trouble.” He whispered.

“Well, you are in trouble, for not telling us, if you would’ve just came to Daddy or me, we would’ve understood. You can’t keep something like that from us, that was a bad idea, Ted. Now we’ve started arguments with people who were telling the truth about not ruining the dress.”

“I’m sorry,” Ted whispered, letting a few tears fall from his eyes.

Our Mom took his hand in hers and sighed, “Let’s go tell Daddy.” She insisted with a gentle sigh then she stopped next to me, “Tell your sister you’re sorry for lying and letting the dog in.”

Ted sniffled, “Sorry Hallie,” He said sadly, “I didn’t mean it.”

I reached over and ruffled his hair, “I know,” I nodded, “I know you didn’t mean it,”

He lowered his head more before our Mom led him out into the garage where our Dad was working on his car he’s currently restoring. Inhaling deeply, I just shook my head, wishing I could make Ted feel better somehow. I know he didn’t mean it, he’s just a kid, he didn’t know better. Yet, I don’t feel bad about what I said to my Grandmother, I don’t want her in my life anymore, I’m done trying. I’m getting ready to start a new chapter in my life, a happy chapter; I don’t need her bringing me down.

Hearing the front door open and close, I shook my thoughts from my mind before making my way into the living room to see Cory taking his shoes off, “Babe,” I said simply.

“Babe,” He mocked as he glanced at me.

“Ted did it.” I said simply.

“Did what?” He frowned.

“Let the dog in, he’s the one who ruined the dress.”

Cory’s jaw dropped slightly, “Oh no,” He whispered softly.

I nodded, “I feel so bad for him, it’s horrible.” I muttered.

“He must feel like shit.” Cory pointed out as he walked over to me, “Knowing he did something like that.”

“He does and it breaks my heart.” I whispered, “He let the dog in because he was crying and Ted thought he was cold outside.”

Cory made a sad face then kissed my cheek, “Did he apologize?”

“Yeah,” I answered, “He’s out in the garage right with my parents,” I muttered, “When they come back in, my Dad wants to talk to you.” I bit down on my lip then took the bag from him. Opening it up, I saw a pack of condoms as well as Yours and Mine KY, “Really?” I asked as I pulled the box out, “Babe, it’s his first time.”

“It’s not for him,” He grumbled as he grabbed the box, “It’s for us, I figured we could try it, they had coupons for it as a promotional thing, so I said why not?” He opened it up and looked inside, “How bad could it be, either it lives up to the hype or it doesn’t.” He muttered as he pulled the bottles out, “Plus, I haven’t been laid in a while, I was in the aisle and thought about you.”

I laughed as I took the empty box from him, “I heard it doesn’t work,” I sighed, “I think you just wasted your money.”

“Well, we’ll find out.” He said simply before looking around, “Where’s Aaron?”

“Upstairs.” I answered.

“Ok,” Cory sighed as he handed me the bottles then walked up the stairs with the bag for Aaron.

“C’mon, Hallie!” My Dad shouted with frustration, “I know you have sex, do you really have to flaunt it?” He snapped.

I looked down at what was in my hands then my Dad, “Sorry,” I hid it behind my back, “Cory just got back,” I mumbled.

He gave me a weird look then shook his head, “You two are young, what are you doing with that crap?”

“You said you didn’t want to know.” I pointed out, “And just because we’re young doesn’t mean we don’t need lubrication.”

“That is the last time I want to hear you use that word.”

“What word? Lubrication?” I smirked.

“Enough.” He ordered just as Cory walked down from the stairs, “You, out in the garage,” He demanded, pointing to my fiancé, “We have to talk.”

Cory looked at me then my Dad, “’Bout what?” He wondered, “I swear I haven’t knocked her up.”

“It’s nothing bad,” He assured, “We just need to talk.”

Cory nodded slightly then followed my Father out into the garage. Just as they left, my Mother followed Ted into the living room, “What did Daddy say?”

“He’s grounded for a week.”

“How does one ground a six year old?” I questioned.

“No video games, no toys, and no going to the park to play with his friends. School and home, that’s it.”

“Oh,”I nodded as I looked at the little boy, “Don’t worry, buddy, it could be a lot worse. Once they grounded me for six months.” I pointed out, “It was horrible.”

“Yeah, but you deserved every bit of it,” My Mom reminded me, “Going out and getting drunk like that, you went to up to Chico then got lost.”

I blushed, “So?” I teased then I let out a sigh, “I’m going to my room,” I informed her before walking away.

Once upstairs in my room, I flopped down onto my bed and let out a gentle sigh as I thought about everything, trying somehow to find it within me to regret the things that I said to my Grandmother then what I said to Cory about her after the incident but I can’t. Maybe, finally, after all these years, I’m finally letting go, I’m finally getting over the fact that she’s just a bitter old lady and I can’t let it bring me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
At the end of the day, day, I'm marching with a heart of a lion