Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

The New Girl

Shaking her head, my best friend let out a gentle sigh before speaking, “Poor Ted, but at least you told your Grandmother off and you don’t have to deal with her anymore.”

“Yeah, I guess.” I agreed with Mindy then glanced over at my other best friend whose been texting on her phone for the last twenty minutes, barely engaging in any conversation with Mindy and myself, “Who are you talking to?” I questioned.

Heidi looked up at me then blushed, “No one.”

“You expect us to believe that shit?” Mindy laughed, “Tell us before I take your phone and find out for myself.”

“His name is Aiden if you must know,” Heidi informed us.

Frowning deeply to myself, I know a guy named Aiden, well actually Cory does, it’s his dealer and one of his good friends but it couldn’t possibly be the same Aiden, could it? “Where did you meet him?” I asked.

“A party,” Heidi answered.

“Where else does she meet all her boy toys?” Mindy pointed out as she looked over her shoulder towards the parking lot, “Speaking of boy toys, where the hell is mine? Luke promised he’d bring me lunch this morning when I left the apartment.” She pouted, “I’m gonna kick his ass,” She added harshly before looking back at me, “Where’s Cory?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged my shoulders, “He’s here somewhere, his car is in it’s spot.” I said, pointing to Cory’s assigned parking space, “I haven’t seen him since he went to that belated Birthday party that his friend put on for him.”

“I didn’t see you there,” Heidi said without thinking.

I looked over at the pretty red head, “Because I didn’t go, I was babysitting things one and two while my parents went out on a double date with one of my Dad’s friends and his Wife.” I frowned, “Did you go?”

“Yeah,” She answered shyly.

“Oh my God, you aren’t.” I whispered.

“I bet she is, whatever it is that you two are talking about.” Mindy butted in, “And I didn’t go because I didn’t get an invite. I’ve known the kid just as long as you but no, just because I’m not fucking him means I can’t get an invite.”

“Shut up,” I laughed, “It was down in Lodi,” I rolled my eyes, “Aiden, you know his dealer? Well, he just got a new place down there …” I trailed off for a moment as I looked at Heidi, “Are you dating Aiden, Cory’s dealer?”

“Kinda.” She admitted.

“Don’t.” Mindy shook her head, “Dealers are bad news, always bad news, nothing good ever comes from dating a dealer.”

“Well, he isnt dealing anymore.” Heidi defended.

“Bullshit, if he wasn’t dealing Cory wouldn’t have weed and believe me, the guy has got his weed, he was getting high last night when I called him to tell him goodnight.” I raised my eyebrows, “So, he is still dealing.”

“Only to Cory,” Heidi assured, “Even ask Cory.”

“Well, we will because here he comes.” Mindy said in a snappy way as my Fiancée approached the lunch table the three of us are currently sitting at.

As he continued to get closer, I raised my eyebrow when I noticed that he was laughing and talking with a pretty blonde girl, “Who is that?” I questioned aloud.

“She’s new,” Heidi mumbled, “She’s in our homeroom.” She went on, speaking of hers and Cory’s homeroom class that they have together, “Her name is Amy and she just transferred in from San Diego.”

“What is she doing with Cory?” I frowned.

“Oh, Mr. H assigned her to Cory for the week, so he can show her around and what not.”

“What the fuck was Mr. H thinking?” I spoke of the AP English teacher whom I have for fifth period.

“I don’t know, but it was supposed to be punishment because Cory was sleeping.” Heidi assured me.

“Punishment my ass.” I growled just as Cory and ‘Amy’ walked up to us.

“Hey,” Cory greeted the three of us before he leaned down to me, “Babe,” he said cutely before placing a kiss on my lips.

“Babe,” I mocked in an unimpressed tone as I shot him a look, “Who’s your friend?” I asked.

“Hallie, this is Amy, she’s new … be nice.” He ordered then looked at Amy, “Amy this is Hallie, my lovely fiancé, you already know Heidi and that’s Mindy, the resident bitch of our group.” He teased.

“Bite me,” Mindy growled at Cory before she looked at Amy, “Nice to meet you,” She said politely.

“Nice to meet you,” Amy said back then she looked at me, “You’re lucky to have such an amazing boyfriend.” She said with a smile.

“Fiancé,” I corrected, “Our Wedding is in three weeks and I know, he is pretty amazing.” I eyed her then looked at Cory, “I think I left my purse in your car,” I lied.

“You didn’t ride with me this—“ Cory started.

“I think I left my purse in your car,” I repeated as I stood up slowly, “Come unlock it for me,” I insisted as I tugged on his hand, “We’ll be right back,” I assured everyone.

As we walked away, Cory let out a sigh, “Really Hallie?” He questioned, “You’re not seriously jealous, are you?”

“Jealous?” I snapped, “No, I’m pissed, I saw the way she was looking at you and the way you were undressing her with your eyes, I’m not fucking dumb, La Quay, I know that look you get when you like someone.”

“So what, she’s cute, it’s not like I’m fuckin’ her between classes, Hallie. I just met her for crying out loud, plus, I’m happily engaged to you.” He argued, “Don’t start this petty, high school bullshit with me, Hallie Lynn.”

I stopped just short of a few feet away from his car and looked at him, “Then don’t give me reason to,” I ordered softly.

He pouted his lips just slightly as he thought for a moment then he shook his head, “I told her from the start I was unavailable.” He assured me, “Give me a little credit, babe, I know I can be an asshole but I have never once cheated on you.”

Letting out a stressful sigh, I nodded my head then glanced back over at the table, “She likes you, she’s gonna try and molest you.” I muttered.

“I won’t let her,” He wrapped his arms around me tightly and pushed me up against his car.

“Duh, if you let her it wouldn’t be molesting it would just be sex.” I rolled my eyes then I placed my hands on his cheeks, cradling his face, “I’m a little jealous.”

“I know,” He smirked, “It’s cute,” He whispered teasingly.

“I don’t like her.”

“You don’t have to, but I’m stuck with her for the rest of the week, or at least the rest of today and tomorrow, Mr. H hates me and assigned her to me, I’m her ‘buddy’.”

“I heard it’s because you were sleeping in class again.”

“Maybe,” He blushed, “You ok now?” He asked, “You had your moment now you’re better?”

I inhaled deeply then shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t like her, I don’t trust her,”

“Well, it’s just a couple of days, after that I probably won’t even see her anymore. I sleep through homeroom, I don’t know how I manage to pass the class.”

“Me,” I teased then poked his belly, “I didn’t leave my purse in your car.”

“I know,” He nodded, “But,” he mumbled as he tugged his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the passenger side door, “Your sunglasses are in here.” He informed me as he reached in and pulled them out, “Here,”

I took them from him and eyed them, “I thought my Mom stole them,” I laughed as I looked back at my fiancé, “What else is in there?”

“Um, I got a pair of your panties in the back,” He smiled playfully, “We all know how those got back there.”

“Yeah, they probably fell out of my bag at some point in time.”

“Yeah, they’re your new ones you bought a while ago when you took my car up into Sacramento.” He raised his eyebrows.

“I was looking for those,” I frowned as I looked into the back seat through the window, “How long have you known they were back there?”

“Last night,” He laughed, “My brother found them while looking for a missing CD.” He stood up straight then locked and shut the car door, “Shall we join the group again, they keep looking over here at us.”

I looked over at them and shrugged, “I suppose,” I answered as I took his hand in mine, “Are you coming over after school?” I asked.

“I have work,”

“Since when?” I snapped.

“Since I traded shifts with Carlos so I could go to my party instead.” He informed me, “I close tonight but I can come over after work if you want me to.”

“When closing?”

“Ten, I should be outta there before ten thirty and at your house before eleven.”

“Ok,” I agreed with a nod of my head, “I want to snuggle,” I informed him just before we reached the table again, “I lied, I forgot my purse was in my locker, but I found my sunglasses.”

Mindy smirked then looked at Cory, “Get your ass chewed out?” She questioned him as he sat down.

“No,” He lied as he shook his head.

“Liar,” Mindy muttered.

I sat down next to Cory and leaned my head against his shoulder as I fell quiet while everyone else engaged in conversation. I just want Amy to leave and I want it to be tonight already so I can have Cory to myself. This day can’t move fast enough for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ho ho hopefully ...

Merry Christmas