Status: Complete

The Days Without You...

The Final Scene

”Everything’s going to be okay Kandy, just hold on.” Jack said from the front seat of Bobby’s car as he sped towards the hospital. He had turned pale with worry for his wife as she screamed in pain from the backseat. “Just remember the breathing.”
“Fuck the breathing! I want this baby out of my me NOW.” Kandy growled, holding her swollen stomach as the contraction hit her.
Ten minutes ago they were just laying in their bed, talking about how she couldn’t wait to have the baby so she could see her feet again when BAM her water broke without warning. Jack ran to his old room, which was now Bobby’s because they switched so Jack and Kandy could have the extra room for baby stuff, and grabbed the keys to Bobby’s car and they were off to the hospital. Jack called Bobby from the car and Jerry was going to pick him and Angel up from work and meet them at the hospital to see their niece born. Well, wait for their niece to be born anyway; Kandy didn’t want anyone but Jack in the room with her when she gave birth.
Jack made a sharp turn into the hospital parking lot, nearly hitting a black SUV in the process. He ignored all the open spaces and drove directly to the emergency entrance. Once he skidded to a stop there he jumped out, helping Kandy from the car and carrying her into the hospital. Immediately a nurse spotted them and realizing she was in Labor, called for a doctor.



“Alright, Kandice give us one more big push.” The Doctor said.
“I can’t, I can’t, I can’t, I can’t.” Kandice cried, shaking her head furiously.
Jack pushed her sweat soaked hair out of her face and planted a kiss to her forehead. “You have to, Kandy.”
Kandy looked pleadingly up at him, “It hurts.” She whined.
“I know baby, but the quicker you push the quicker it will stop hurting as much.” Jack looked down at the doctor who was waiting as patiently as he could.
Kandy nodded slowly and gripped Jack’s hand tighter as she gave a final push before a cry of a baby was heard.



The entire Mercer family stood outside the room holding the newest addition to their family, watching as Charlotte Evelyn Mercer slept soundly, wrapped in a pink blanket.
Jack stood by his wife, who was sitting in a wheelchair, with his brother’s surrounding him as they watched Charlotte. Bobby patted Jack’s back proudly, teary eyed at the sight of his niece. “You did good Jack. Ma would be proud of you.”
Jack turned to gaze at his eldest brother, “You think so?”
Bobby shook his head, “Of course she would. Her baby had a baby.”
“Technically I’m the one who had the baby.” Kandy spoke up, turning away from her daughter so she c could look up at her brother in law.
“You know she’s right Bobby,” Jerry smiled.
“Well Jacky got her knocked up.” Angel said.
“But it was me who carried her for nine damn months.” Kandy argued in high spirits. She was used to the bickering that came with being a Mercer.

”Look! It’s Grandma Eve!” Daniela said, pointing towards Charlotte.
The entire Mercer bunch snapped their heads over to see what she was talking about and was met with the shimmering translucent form of none other than Evelyn Mercer standing over Charlotte Mercer. She smiled down happily at her granddaughter before looking leaning down and pressing a ghostly kiss to the baby’s forehead. She looked up and met the eyes of her children, their wives, and her grandchildren, mouthing three silent words to them.

I love you
♠ ♠ ♠
That's all folks!
I cried, I'm not going to lie.

I hope you enjoyed this story.
Leave a comment telling what you liked or didn't like about this.