Don't Pay Attention

Rescue Me

The next morning, thaings were awkward between Nick and I. We didn't talk at breakfast or in the van on the way to soccer. It was time for lunch and I pulled Nick over to the side. "Why are things so awkward?" I asked a little bit more harshly than I intended. "Things are only awkward because you are making them that way." He bit back. I crossed my arms. "You're the one that sent that stupid text message last night." "Well, you just met that guy and ran off with him. You totally blew me off." Nick said bitterly. "We didn't have any plans after the talent show. It's not like we did and I just ignored them." I said proving my point. "You don't have to spend EVERY moment with that guy you know." Nick said. I was getting pissed. "HIS NAME IS BROGAN!" I growled. "And you're the one who is spending every fucking moment with me!" I looked at Nick. My words had hurt him. Good. That's what I intended. "Why are you being such a bitch to me? Is it because of your new friend Brogan? You're just going to throw me aside now huh? Good! Be the whore of the camp." Now I was pissed. "ME! THE BITCH!? You're the one who started yelling at me! I came over here to apologize. Oh! And I'M the whore?! You're the one who kissed me if I remember correctly!" I was furiated. Nick had nothing left to say so he walked off. I stood there for a minute trying to calm down when I heard my phone ring in my shorts pocket. I had a text message from Brogan.

I'm ready to see you :) -Brogan
You have no idea how ready I am too. -Jasey

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and made my way back to my group.

***
I had just gotten out of the shower and was completely giddy with excitement. It was 1:30. Only 30 minutes till I saw Brogan. I walked over to my suitcase and pulled out some dark denim shorts and rolled them up a couple of times untill they were mid-thigh length. I put on a flowy white tank top and went to the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup. Instead of pinning my hair back with boby pins , I used one of those little white bow clips. "Perfect" I smiled. I grabbed my guitar case and headed out the door. I walked to the peir when my ears were greeted by a beautiful voice. Brogan's no doubt. I rushed onto the peir, my cowboy boots clunking with each step. I reached the end of the peir when I spotted Brogan with his back turned towards me. So I took the opportunity to scare him. I hid behind a giat woodne pole. He stopped playing. "I know you're there." he said without even turning around. I stepped out from behind the pole and hung me head in defeat. "Awww. How'd you know?" I asked walking over to him. He glanced down at my boots. " I heard you coming." he chuckled. My eyes met his. Butterflies. He was wearing blue swim trunks with a plain white T-shirt. His hair was still a little bit wet on top. "It's good to see you again Jasey Rae." he said pulling me in for a hug. "You can call me Jasey or Jase if you want." I told him. "I thought that name was only for certain people." he said. I shrugged my shoulders. "You're special. And I don't mean the mentally handicapped special either." I said giving him a wink. Brogan laughed and we sat down with our guitars. "So are we singing seperately tonight or are we doing a duet?" I asked him tuning up my guitar a tad. "Well, the thing is, I can't find any good duets that are from this day and age so it looks like we are going to have to perform separately." he said. "Well that sounds fine. What song are you playing?" I asked curiously. "It's a surprise." he smirked. "You?" "I'm not playing guitar tonight. I'm just going to perform Party in the USA like I was planning on last night." Brogan nodded his head. "Oh, I want to play you something." He said. I put my guitar down and focused on Brogan.

(Here is the deal. Brogan is a real person. He is a singer. He is working on getting signed to a record deal right now and I fell in love with him. So here is a link to the song he is about to sing if you want to hear it while you read it to get the feel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ48LRqQi4Q )

"Dark night without you I try to fall asleep. Leave it all behind too, but I'm awake and I need some medication to get my mind off pain and get you to be mine.

I still need you to rescue me. save me, I'm my worst enemy. Consciously, I need you to see
I just want to be able to breathe.

I've been falling, been tied to a chair. I feel like I'm drowning. I'm without air. Take me away, and give me an escape to make sure that I am safe.

I still need you to rescue me. save me, I'm my worst enemy. Consciously, I need you to see
I just want to be able to breathe.

I don't want to fall asleep. I still need.

I still need you to rescue me. Can you save me? I've been my worst enemy. Consciously, now you see I just want.

I still need you to rescue me. When you save me, I'm not my worst enemy. Consciously, you made me see. Without you I cannot breathe."

I felt as if my heart had just exploded. Was this song about me? When did he write it? I had so many questions. "Brogan," I said breathlessly. "That was beyond amazing." "I wrote it last night." he said. "It's about you. It's called Rescue Me." My heart pounded so hard thatI thought it was going to have an annurism. "I don't know what to say. I've never had anyone write a song about me before. But...I'll rescue you." Brogan looked at me. "Good, because I need it. I couldn't sleep last night Jasey. All I could do was think about you." He looked in my eyes. "I couldn't sleep last night either. Partly because I have insomnia, but mainly because I couldn't get you out of my mind either." I said. He laughed at my joke. "So, lets get to know each other better." He said. putting down his guitar. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Favorite color?"
"Orange" I answered.
"Blue."
"Favorite snack?" I asked the question
"Apples and Peanut butter." he said.
"Cheese sticks and peanut butter."
Brogan gave me a weird look. "Well not together." I added.

After much talking, we figured out that our favorite movie is Transformers, our favorite Disney moive is Finding Nemo, our favorite candy is Dots (the gummy kind) and we both think transvestites are hilarious. "Anything else?" he asked. "I thought for a moment and then added, "I love to cuddle!" Brogan sat back against the pole I hid behind earlier and motioned for me to come over to him. I walked over and sat down beside him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and entangled his legs with mine. "I love to cuddle too." he whispered in my ear. It sent shivers down my spine. I leaned my head against his chest. I could hear the rapid but steady 'thud' of his heart. We sat there in silence watching the ocean water come in and go back out. Brogan sang the song he had written for me quietly. His voice was like a lullaby and his hold felt like the sun holding me. Warm and comforting. I heard Brogan yawn. I could feel myself drift off to sleep. I had fallen for Brogan. And I had fallen hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHHHH! I love this chapter. It's short but I like it.
What is to come of Brogan and Jasey?
New chapter tomorrow :)