Love In a Coffeeshop

West Coast Friendship

Vienna was real quiet. I didn’t know what to take of it really. I had confessed that I loved her and I knew that if this was one of the last times I was seeing her then this was the last time I would get a chance to express my feelings to her face to face. Vienna’s sister, Nicole, had told me that she liked me, but maybe I should have let her further explain that. Maybe she was going to tell me that her sister had lied and she really did not like me. Or maybe she was going to tell me her sister was a compulsive liar and that everything I was told was false. So many conclusions sprung to mind in that long agonizing two minutes.

I honestly wasn’t nervous about the outcome of these events then I was more impatient because if Vienna here wasn’t the one for me then I knew there was some other beautiful woman out there waiting. A woman that was just as pretty and funny and had the brains to carry a unique conversation with me any day. Just thinking about it drew an image to my head, but the woman was Vienna and I knew that everything would be harder to let go then I had realized. I let out a long sigh looking down at the table feeling a bit less positive then I had first started off.

“Well, that’s a big statement to make Adam,” Vienna mumbled picking at the corner of her napkin more fiercely then ever. She was just screaming nervous.

“I know it is and I figured I might as well tell you before I never get the opportunity ever again,” I explained giving a tiny smile. She looked up at me and gave me this soft warming smile and look in her eyes. As corny as it sounded it was like her look just warmed my heart and made it swell up wanting a straight answer from her.

“You know I will admit that one day I was walking outside and saw you sitting here and,” she paused, “you’re actually why I started coming in here to write my novel. I wanted to talk to you so badly, but I have, or should I say had, a boyfriend and I was just trying to find a way to talk to you and not have my boyfriend upset or get my parents suspicious that I was cheating on him all the while trying to come up with a good idea for a story,” she confessed.

“What do you mean had?” I questioned.

“Isn’t it obvious? We broke up. He realized I had feelings for you and realized that, those dates we were going on I was enjoying and felt like I was neglecting him, but its not like it even matters he doesn’t even like me! He’s always got his eyes on Nicole. My parents are such horrible match makers and they always have been.” She stated.

“I really want to forgive you Vienna if you’d let me. We all got so mixed up in drama and emotions that I’m just so confused now and not entirely sure why I should be mad.”

“You should be mad because I used your feelings Adam and you know that. As long as your willing to forgive me for that I guess I can go along with it”

“I know I should be mad about that, but during those times I was the happiest man ever and even though it was a brief few months It was the best few months in my life while it lasted.”

Vienna giggled to herself and I could see a small blush creep across her face faintly. I know that she wanted me to forgive her and for me to still be friends with her, but she just wouldn’t come out and say anything about it. I scratched my head as just something to do to fill the silence and pointed to her coffee cup napkin saying, “Do you need another one of those with a fresh coffee?”

“Oh,” she looked down at the napkin she had destroyed around her coffee cup, “that would be nice.”

So I got up and picked up her empty cup going over to the counter where Rob stood watching us. Although when I got up he looked away and made it seem like he had been cleaning the top of the glossy counter with a rag the whole time. Smiling, I shook head and walked over to him.

“So you know the latest news. How did it go with me and Vienna?” I joked giving him the empty cup.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. One, I don’t spy and two, I hear that your patching things up just fine.” Rob shrugged taking the cup and going over to the coffee machines to fill it. He finished it by adding some whipped cream on top with a lid and handed it back.

“That’s interesting news to report Rob. You should be someone working for the magazines you always have the scoop.” I laughed taking the coffee.

“Yeah I would make sure that the head liner was Adam Young and Vienna Newman patch things up!” he stated looking up at the ceiling as if he could see it now. I shook my head and just walked away with a smile on my face at that point. And walking back over to my table I could hear Rob shouting, “You ever need the shop again for dinner you got it, for any girl!”

I put my hand up in a way letting him know that I had herd him and would defiantly take him up on that offer. Then coming around our table I placed the coffee down on a new napkin I had picked up along the way and then sat back down in my seat which had become cold.

“So does this mean we can remain friends? Or more then that?” she carefully asked suddenly as soon as my butt hit the chair.

“Yeah, I think it does mean that. We could even start fresh if you’d like,” Vienna smiled.

“I would defiantly like that,” Vienna agreed nodding her head.

“As of now I have absolutely no clue who you are,” I stated with a shrug, “I don’t even know why I’m sitting with you or why I got your coffee, but I do know that I will be on my way home and just so happen come back tomorrow to find you sitting at my table again and then I’ll start to talk to you and ask you questions and maybe, just maybe if I’m lucky, you’ll accept my offer to go out on our first date.”

Laughing and out of breath from it Mrs. Nameless said, “Ok Ad- I mean stranger. I’ll surprise you by taking your table again and having a conversation and there is a great possibility that I take you up on the offer of that date. Unless it’s a corny romantic date on top of a coffee shop roof because if it is then I’m sorry I don’t think we are going to get along great at all.” She teased.

And with that being said I grabbed my half empty coffee, waved, then headed for the door. I didn’t look back, but I felt great with the results. Vienna and I were on the fast track to a new friendship and possibly a new relationship together.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
huh? so what do you think? Honestly this is the last chapter. (As you can tell from the ending words The End)
I am so greatful for all the subscribers and readers or even the people who clicked on the links to read or just got half way through because it made me at least think people were reading this :D

Also I know that this story was different from my Jack Barakat story if you read it. This was more of a cute short sappyish love story. But I will be going back to romantic comedies! Because the Jack one was so fun to write and I loved how I made made people laugh :D

SO! I figure I will write a Forever the Sickest Kids story! :D so please keep a look out for it because I am hoping to get that story going and me to really be into it.