Silver and Cold

Chapter 3

*Flashback Davey's POV*

I've had such a dry spell lately, I just don't want to put myself out there. My last girlfriend cheated on me. Which makes me feel like shit. Complete and total shit. Was I not good enough for her? Or did she just enjoy fucking with me? Why do people cheat? You already fucking have someone! These thoughts ran through my head as I drove to the movie theater to meet the guys for a movie. Apparently they have a surprise for me. My guess is that it's a girl. They've been trying to set me up for a while. But no girl seems to be any good for me. Sure they're all really nice, but....there's just nothing there.

I finally got to the theater and pulled into a parking space. Putting the car in park, I turned off the radio and got out of my shitty ass car. I may be rich now thanks to being in an awesome band, but hey, this was the first car I ever bought, and I'm proud of that.

I walked into the theater and immediately spotted the guys all huddle in a corner, trying to look inconspicuous. And low and behold, next to them was a girl. As I walked closer I observed the girl more. She had short black hair and several ear piercings. She was wearing a tight mini skirt and a hot pink tube top. Not necessarily my taste in style, but that doesn't mean she isn't nice.
"Davey! Nice of you to join us man! You're only what, 20 minutes late?" Jade said to me with a smirk on his face.
"Yeah fuck you, traffic sucks!" I replied back with a smile.
"Hi, I'm Maria." The brunette instantly introduced herself, which caught me off gaurd a little.
"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Davey." I replied shaking her hand. She just smiled at me. The guys walked ahead of us and got our tickets. Finally it was our turn to get to the window.
"Hi one ticket for-"
"Oh don't worry, I'm getting this." I interrupted her. "Two tickets for the same showing please." Maria just smiled and stood off to the side. I got the tickets and led her over to the concessions stand. As we were walking Maria started talking.
"You know, you didn't have to buy my ticket, I couldv'e gotten it myself." We stopped in line at concessions.
"Yeah, but the guys obviously set us up on a date, which means I pay. No ifs, ands, or buts." I reply smiling at her. She just smiled back. She had a really cute smile. We eventually got our popcorn and soda and go figure, we couldn't fine the guys. Of course they would ditch us. So we sat down on our own. Which was fine by me.

*FF

Maria and I have been dating for almost six months now. In fact, tomorrow is out 6 month anniversary, I have decided to propose to her. We fit perfectly together, we live together now, and we bought a dog, a mutt that we rescued from the shelter. Currently I'm at the jewelry store, trying to find the perfect ring for her. I finally found one that was perfect for her. It was a big oval diamond with tiny ones surrounding it (A/N Here's a pic http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10896807/6_44_Ct_Oval_Diamond_Antique_Engagement_Ring_Platinum.jpg). It was big and flashy, and that's what she liked. I planned to propose to her by being all cheesy and leaving a trail of rose petals to our bedroom, where there will be silk sheets on the bed, dozens of candles lighting the rooms, more rose petals, along with several bouquets of long stemmed roses and classical music playing in the background. Time to get home so I can set up before she gets home.

Well everything is all set up. And she just got home. Time to go hide in the bathroom and wait for her to walk through the door.

"Mmmmm.... you are so fucking hot, babe. I can't wait to fuck you again." What?! The sound of footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs. "Are you sure you're boyfriend wont be home?"
"Fuck no, that pussy said that he had to fly somewhere to do something with his gay little band." Again, what?!
"Why are you with that little gaywad then?" The sounds of kissing and moaning could be heard now as they got closer and closer to the bedroom.
"For his money, duh. For some reason that fucking band of his is popular and he buys me tons of shit. Not shut up and fuck me." They finally came through the bedroom and Maria fell to the bed first followed by the mystery guy. She didn't even notice the flowers or candles or music.
"Babe, somethings wrong.... look around." Great, the genius noticed.
"What the fuck....?"
"Yeah, that's what I'm thinking." I finally stepped out of the bathroom, still holding the ring in it's box in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other. They both held shocked looks on their faces.
"Oh honey! Yes! I will marry you!" She squirmed out form under the guy and jumped towards me. I just backed away. She looked at me with a confused look on her face. "Oh, him. Babe, he got me drunk, I think he slipped something into my drink. I'm not feeling like myself.... Can I see my ring now?"
"What?!" The mystery guy and I pretty much screamed at the same time.
"I did no such thing you bitch!"
"You." I pointed at the man with a death glare on my face, "Get the fuck outta my house."
"No, I-"
"NOW!!!" I looked at him so evilly that this time he scrambled out of the bed and ran towards the door, down the stairs and out the front door.
"Babe, he was lying, I have no clue who he is.."
"How long have you been cheating on me? Every time I'm away for a night or two?" I glared at her and she shrunk away slightly but didn't say anything. "I loved you. you told me that you loved me too. Why did you lie?"
"I did, do love you!"
"Don't fucking lie to me! If you loved me you wouldn't have been about to fuck some douche bag! I heard everything you said to him." This time she actually looked ashamed.
"I-"
"Don't you dare say anything. Get the fuck out of my house. Send someone to get your shit tomorrow or I burn it all."
"Well, this is my house too!"
"No it fucking isn't!!!!!! I paid for it. It is my fucking house. Now get. The. Fuck. OUT!" With that she finally got the message and left.

The next day one of her friends came to get her stuff and took the dog. Even though I loved that dog I couldn't stand to be around it anymore because it reminded me of the relationship I had with her and where I was going with her. I returned the ring, and sold the house. I ended up moving into a little apartment closer to the studio. I basically then became a shut in. I would leave my apartment only to go to the studio, get groceries, and go to events that I was required to go to because of the band, which weren't many.

I let that completely destroy my life.