Status: Complete.

Give Love a Try

Chapter Twenty Two

Nate's POV
“Okay! Next up we have Shane Grey and Jason Black,” Dee’s announcement brought me to attention this time. Jason was performing with Shane.

They got up and walked towards the stage. So even Jason was on his side; great.
As the asshole and Jason walked on the stage and took a seat on the stools, I thought about just getting up and leaving. That was until...

“Hey everybody. I’m dedicating this song to Nate. It’s a Nate White original. Well, most of it. I found it unfinished in his song book and finished the lyrics off. i hope you guys enjoy it.”

I looked at him furiously, even though he wasn’t looking at me. He stole a song from me? He stole it!? Who gave him the right? The only unfinished song was Sorry. I couldn’t write a bridge. He had written a bridge? I let myself fixate on Shane while he and Jason both started to play guitar. I knew why he needed Jason. It was a song for two guitars. At least he figured that out.
They played the opening notes and the crowd fell silent. It was Sorry, I was right.

Broken hearts and last goodbyes
Restless nights by lullabies helps make this pain go away
I realize I let you down, told you that I'd be around
Building up the strength just to say

I'm sorry for breaking all the promises
That I wasn't around to keep
You told me this time is the last time
That I will ever beg you to stay
But you're already on your way


I watched Shane intently, as the emotion on his face changed. Went from smugness, to pride, to sorrow and when his eyes hit mine, it changed to sorry. A big heart felt sorry.

Filled with sorrow, filled with pain
Knowing that I am to blame for leaving your heart out in the rain
And I know you're going to walk away
Leave me with the price to pay, before you go I wanted to say

That I'm sorry for breaking all the promises
That I wasn't around to keep
You told me this time is the last time
I will ever beg you to stay
But you're already on your way


As he hit the bridge he stood up, kicking the stool out of the way, letting the guitar swing to his side.

I can't make it alive on my own
But if you have to go then please girl just leave me alone
'Cause I don't wanna see you and me going our separate ways
Begging you to stay if it isn't too late


I listened, watching him. I saw tears in his eyes. One rolled down his face, causing some of the girls to let out a quiet, “aww”. The bridge was beautiful. It finished up the song perfectly.

I'm sorry for breaking all the promises
That I wasn't around to keep
It's all of me, this time is the last time
I will ever beg you to stay
But you're already on your way


Jason finished the last chorus alone, as Shane stayed standing. He found my eyes as he sung the last line.

But you're already on your way

As beautiful as the song was, I couldn’t help but be mad at him. He had stolen that song from me and he was getting the props. I groaned and stood up angrily. I stormed away. I heard the crash of the guitar onto the stage.

“Nate,” Shane's voice yelled behind me. “Nate, wait up! Please! Wait!”

I ignored him. I didn’t want to end up having a screaming match in front of the entire camp. He would probably say something stupid which would make me want to completely punch his lights out this time. I turned to look at him.

“What do you expect me to say Shane? Tell me that.”

“Who are you anymore Nate? Who are you? What happened to the soft-hearted boy I met on the first day? I don’t even know who you are anymore.” Shane looked hurt. I didn’t care.

“You never knew me in the first place!” I yelled at him, before storming into the cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two.
It was way too long for a single chapter and i didn't want to break into two separate ones.