Status: editing

Staring at the Walls

a sad beginning

I felt a tear slowly going down my cheek. I couldn't believe it. This couldn't be happening. My parents, they were dead. They couldn't be! They were going to be there forever! Just to make things worst, the coward creature had killed them both in their sleep to make sure they weren't going to yell and wake up anyone. I know, I think like a criminal. My mom always told me. The thought of her made me cry even more. I closed the door quickly and texted Miranda to come up immediately, and to leave my sister downstairs. About a minute later, I heard her barging up the stairs. When she arrived, she saw me crying and knew what had happened.

"We came here to tell you that a demon was hunting you guys down." she told me very seriously. I should've known! I should've stopped this. The only thing I wanted Amy to know, is that they were dead. I didn't want her to see this. I didn't want her to be part of this. I wanted her to stay as far away from this as possible. So, to insure her safety, she was going to live at my aunts' house and Miranda's mom's house. I, on the other hand was going to hunt that creature down.

I wiped my tears quickly and let my logic side take over. My logic side was the part of me that didn't feel any emotions. It was the side that only saw cause, effect and solution. It was the only way for me to stop crying. I went downstairs and spoke to Amy.

"Amy, listen. I'm sorry. Mom and dad, they're dead." I saw that same angry sadness I had felt a moment ago reflect in her eyes. I let her cry in my arms. No matter how much we fought, I still loved her. Even my logic mind loved her. It was the only emotion it would let in. Love for friends and family. "Your going to aunt Mary, okay?" I told her.
She looked up at me, tears filled her eyes. Disbelief showed in her face at the unfairness of life.

"What happened to them? Why won't you let me see them? You're lying! They're not dead! They can't be!" Her knees buckled and she fell to the ground, sobbing. I felt tears well in my eyes and a tightness constrict my throat. I breathed deeply as I lowered myself to the ground, wrapping my arms around Amy.

"Amy, listen to me." I raised her chin so she could look in my eyes. "I know." I let a tear fall down my cheek. "But we have to stay strong. We owe it to them." My voice broke at the end as that same tightness came back. I tryied to swallow. "Now, go pack your bags, we're leaving." She nodded and stood up. I stayed on the floor a minute longer, staring at nothing in particular.

After what seemed to be an eternity, I stood up and went to my room. I looked it one last time. I wouldn't ever come back here. This was the last time I was ever going to see this place. More tears welled up, but didn't make their way down my cheeks. I shook my head and picked up Flamespots' cage. Once everyone was outside, I went up the stairs, a gas can in my hand.

"Anna, what are you doing?" Miranda came up the stairs and layed a hand on my shoulder.

"We need an allibi. How did they die? What happened? Where are Anna and Amy? This is the perfect scenario and you know it."

"Anna, you don't have to do this. Once this is all over, you'll want to come back. You'll want a home to come back to." I looked at her and realised she was using a quote from one of our favorite TV shows, Vampire Diaries.

"No, I really won't" I uncaped the gas can and started spraying some around my parents room and on their bodies. I felt tears trying to make their way to the surface, but I didn't let them. I walked around the whole house, gasing whatever I could.

When I was done, I stood on the porch, looking inside. I slowly turned around and looked at Miranda, Sam, Dean and Amy inside the car. I slowly took my matchbook out of my pocket and struck it on the side. A wide flame flared on the first shot and continued to flare as I threw it inside the house. The flames licked every inch as I walked away and towards the car, leaving my old life behind.

~*~time lapse~*~

"Now, you be a good girl, okay? Straighten up little soldier. Stiffen up that upper lip." I let a smile escape as I quoted Eminem. It seemed to please her as well. I got up off my knees after kissing her forehead. I smiled and hugged her one last time before heading back to the car.

I'd told Mary that there had been a fire at the house and that luckily, we'd both been sleeping at our friends' house. Unfortunatly for our parents, they hadn't made it out. So she agreed to keep Amy. She wanted to keep me too, but I insisted to go with Miranda and the boys. My cousins, my sister and i went well together. That's why I wasn't worried the slightest bit about leaving my sister there. Besides, she had my cellphone number and I promised to call everytime something came up. We'd decided against taking my cat with us. Since we lived on the road most of the time, we couldn't exactly keep a cat in the car. So she would be staying with my sister.

"So, where are we going now?" I asked, sitting in the back seat with Miranda.

"Well, we should probably go to Bobby's. It's the safest place I know. You'll be able to help him with some things since you're not coming with u-" I cut him off.

"What? No way. I'm coming with you guys. Those were my parents he killed, don't you understand?" I could see Miranda shaking her head beside me, but I kept going. "Dean, that demon thing killed my parents. Haven't you ever gone for revenge? That was my mom and dad!"

He parked the car on the side of the road so fast, my head was spinning. "I know exactly what that's like. Both my parents died by the hands of a demon too. Which is exactly why you're not coming with us. You're unexperienced, untrained and you could get yourself killed! You're going to let us hunt the thing while you keep your ass as safe as possible at Bobby's. Is that clear?" His voice was hard with grief. I hadn't known his parents had died that way. I regretted saying so much now. But he couldn'T stop me from going for revenge.

"No. You can train me. And how am I supposed to get experience if I don't ever practice? If you leave me at Bobby's, I'll just leave on my own. Where would you rather me be? On my own hunting the thing with no experience and no training or with you with minimal experience and training?"

I saw realisation cloud his eyes for a split second. It passed so fast, I wasn't sure if I'd imagined it. "Fine. But, on hunts, you're staying in the motel room with Miranda." I smiled. Miranda didn't look pleased.

"That's not fair, why do I have to babysit?" she argued as Dean pulled back onto the road.

"Alright then, we'll take turns. But your first in line." Dean closed the discussion. I just realized that Sam hadn't said a thing during the whole conversation.

"Sam, what's your take on this?" I asked. He turned around, looking a bit surprised.

"Well, I think it would be a lot safer for you at Bobby's, but I understand how you're feeling." He turned back, not leaving any room for a response. I was about to ask what happened when Miranda grabbed my arm, shaking her head vigorously. I think I'd listen to her this time. I still had a lot to learn about those winchester boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, I know there's a lot of grammatical errors..including, probably, in the word 'grammatical'...But I don't have a spell check!! My computer's french...