Status: Some updates may take a few days due to other work commitments =[ but I shall try hard to keep it flowing! =]

Problem Child

Date With The Devil

On the bus ride back home I was still annoyed about Billie Joe's lie. Jen and I sat together while Billie was sat right at the back with a few guys he'd made 'friends' with. I kept looking back at him secretively. I hadn't even had the chance to tell Jen about what Billie was really like. Everytime I saw her Billie Joe was conveniently appear from nowhere.

"Why would he lie about Macey wanting to see me? He's a total nutjob, really, he needs help." I muttered. Jen was strangely quiet. She eventually piped up.

"I think I know why." She started. I immediately turned to face her. "I think he wanted a moment alone with me...to talk about you." She said offering her suggestion.

"Why, what did he say to you?" I said becoming worried.

"Nothing really...just that you guys were having a little trouble getting along. But I guess it's only natural after..." She stopped herself from finishing that sentence.

"Uhm, after what?" I asked frowning at her. "Jen!" I persisted after she refused to answer me.

"After...you made a move on him." She said sounding almost guilty.

"What?!" I cried. Everyone on the bus turned to look at me, including Billie Joe and the guys at the back of the bus. I slid down into the seat. "What?" I whispered quieter than before.

"It's okay Summer, Billie Joe told me about what happened and how it's made things a bit awkward between you two." She explained. She really did believe him. Suddenly it dawned on me...he wanted to get in there first before I had a chance to tell Jen everything! "But I mean...he's your brother isn't he? Didn't you think that was kind of a wrong thing to do?" She asked plainly.

"He is NOT my brother!" I snapped. "And I DIDN'T make a move on him!" I whispered sharply. "And anyways, why did you believe him? You only met him today!" I said getting wound up. Jen looked a little worried.

"Okay calm down. So you mean, you DIDN'T try anything with Billie Joe?" She asked. I threw my arms up in the air. The bus pulled up near our house.

"No!" I stated firmly getting up and taking my bag with me. Jen knelt on her chair.

"I'll...I'll call you tonight okay?" She said as I made my way to the front of the bus. I didn't reply. Billie Joe followed me and we stood and watched as the bus pulled away. He looked at me.

"Your friend Jen seems nice." He said. I shot him a look.

"Stay away from her." I said sturnly.

"I can't do that, sorry. Didn't she tell you? We're going to see a movie together tonight." He said walking towards the door. My eyes widened. What the hell was he playing at? I hurried after him.

"What? You can't be serious!" I said as we walked inside. He turned to me making me take a step back.

"Don't worry babe, I only have eyes for you." He smirked before moving in and grabbing my ass. I stood there open mouthed. He laughed and made his way into the kitchen to get a snack. I grabbed the phone from the wall and ran up to my room. I wanted to call Jen and warn her but she wouldn't be home yet. So I just waited and watched the clock.

*****

I listened to the phone ringing in my ear as I waited anxiously for Jen to pick up.

"Hello?" She answered happily.

"Jen! It's me." I said abruptly sitting up straight on my bed.

"Oh hey, I was just gonna call you." She said as if it was the biggest coindience ever.

"Really? Weird. Anyway, I HAVE to talk to you about Billie." I said urgently. I heard her sigh on the other end of the phone. "He told me that you guys are going out later, but seriously Jen YOU CAN'T!" I warned her.

"Summer, you don't have to try and protect me. It's obvious that you don't like him, but I sort of do." She said quietly.

"How can you even SAY that?! You don't even know the guy!" I said almost yelling at her.

"Oh my god, just chill out okay? We're going to see a movie, it's not a big deal." She explained. I knew I probably sounded crazy to her but she had to know what he was really like.

"Jen...he's been...harrassing me." I said trying to put it delicately. Jen was a pretty innocent girl. I mean I wasn't exactly a hardcore rebel or anything but she had lived a rather sheltered life so far.

"Well don't ALL brother do that?" She pointed out. I had to try and breath slowly to stop myself yelling at her again. I knew it would get me nowhere.

"He's been touching my leg, grabbing my ass, he's even threatened me a bunch of times." I admitted. She laughed. "Why the fuck is that funny?!" I said raising my voice once again.

"Summer, he's obviously winding you up." She said. I felt I was going in circles. I finally lost it. She wasn't taking me seriously.

"Fine! You know what? Go out with him, see if I care! But DON'T say I didn't warn you." I said before slamming the phone down. I guess it was just in Jen's nature to try and see the best in everyone, even if she barely knew them. It was one of the things I liked about her...but right now she seemed just plain stupid.

Grace and Jonathan arrived home from work at 5:30pm. Billie Joe was in his room so I went downstairs to see them.

"Hey honey." Grace said touching my arm. "How was school?" She asked. Jonathan had smiled at me before retreating into the living room to watch TV.

"Fine uhm, I've just gotta talk to Jonathan." I said excusing myself. Grace sighed at my unwillingness to comment on today's events.

"Hey Sum." He said as I walked in. "How was your day?" He asked.

"Fine uhm, listen I need to talk to you." I said quickly.

"Sure." He said not turning his head away from the TV. I went over and sat next to him.

"Billie Joe's going out with Jen tonight." I blurted out. Jonathan raised his eyebrows in suprise.

"Really? That's nice." He said as if he didn't even care.

"No listen, it's like a date." I said. Jonathan pretended to be shocked by gasping and covering his mouth. I rolled my eyes unappreciatively. He laughed. "So what's wrong with that? Billie's a 17 year old boy, it's perfectly normal. Jen on the other hand...well let's just say I'm suprised her Mom would even let her." He said. I started to relax a little. Jen's Mom was the most interfering and overbaring women in Oakland! There was no WAY she was guna let little Jen out on a date with some random guy she'd only just met. At that moment Billie walked in.

"Hey kid." Jonathan said.

"Hey, listen Jonathan. I've got a big favour to ask." He started. I looked at him as if to say 'no freakin' way'. Jonathan turned to look at him. "Can I borrow your car later? I'm taking this girl out to see a movie. She's kinda the first friend I've really made here." He explained. How clever of him...playing the 'lonely boy' card.

"Sure, just be back by 11:30pm." He said casually. I had to admit, Jonathan was a really cool parent. But right now I wished he was more like Jen's Mom.

"Great, thanks a lot." He said rubbing it in. I stared straight ahead.

****

Just before 11:30pm I heard the car pull up outside. Grace and Jonathan were in bed so I was sat alone in the living room waiting for Billie. I sent a text to Jen as soon as I knew he was back:

*Are you okay?*

I heard his footsteps coming up the path. He opened the door and I walked out to the hallway to meet him. He smirked on seeing me.

"What are YOU doing up?" He asked closing the door behind him. "Oh I get it. You just want the dirt on my date with Jen." He said arrogantly. We were in complete darkness apart from the light from the streetlamps flooding in from the windows.

"Just leave her alone you sick bastard." I snapped. His expression turned serious. I knew it wasn't a wise move to antagonise him, but I never knew how he was going to react. He was like Jekyl and Hyde. He walked closer to me.

"What did you call me?" He said lowering his voice. I looked up to the landing and thought about Grace and Jonathan asleep in bed. Grace wore earplugs at night due to Jonathan's loud snoring, he was an extremely deep sleeper. Neither of those facts were gonna help me.

"N...nothing." I stammered edging my way backwards. I jumped as I reached the wall. Billie Joe continued to move towards me. I turned my face away from him as our bodies touched. My back was completely against the wall as he lowered his face to my ear.

"You better start showing me some respect." He said.

"Leave me alone." I whispered. Suddenly I felt one of his hands grab my neck. I used mine to try and remove it. He held on to me tight enough so that I couldn't speak but not so tight that I was choaking. I struggled in his grasp. "I'm stronger than you, remember?" He teased. "And I know you want me, that's what all this is about." He said enjoying every moment. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, he forced his other hand down the front of my jeans and grabbed me forcefully. My eyes widened in shock. "Don't worry, you'll get yours." He promised smirking back at me. I squeezed my eyes shut because I couldn't bare him looking at me. I didn't know which of his hands to try and remove. Without warning he let go abruptly. I slumped to the floor as he towered over me. "Night Sis." He said before trailing off upstairs. I stayed in the same position until I heard his bedroom door close, even then I still couldn't move. Then I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I had a reply from Jen:

*Had a great time. Billie's so sweet. x*

I rushed to the downstairs bathroom to be sick. Things were getting completely out of hand...
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun duuun!! Billie's totally playing games with Summer...and I think things are gonna get worse before they get better =] Feel free to comment! =]