The Love of a Player

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten
Alexis’s POV
It has been 2 months now since Tom left for his tour. I cried myself to sleep every night, leaving tear tracks on my face. It didn’t matter how many times I washed my face, I had to wear makeup to cover them. I got up and took a shower then got dressed in my bra, panties, and one of Tom’s oversized shirts. I pulled my hair into a bun at the top of my head then went to the kitchen to pour myself a rum and coke.
I took a long sip then sighed. I heard soft footsteps on the floor. Kim walked into the kitchen and stood before me. I set down my glass then brought her up onto my lap.
Alexis: Hey baby! Did you sleep well?
Kimberly: Yea, but I miss my daddy. Can we call him?
Alexis: Yea baby.
I picked up my phone and dialed his number. The phone rang 3 times before he answered.
Tom: Hey baby!
Alexis: It feels so good to hear your voice. I miss you, Tomi.
I rubbed at my eyes, which had turned red, puffy, and swollen form all the crying I have been doping these past 2 months.
Tom: It’s good to hear your voice too baby. Is Kim there?
I passed the phone to Kim.
Kimberly: Hi daddy! When are you coming home?
Tom: I’ll be home soon, baby. I miss you too.
Kim began to cry.
Kimberly: I want my daddy!
I broke down right then and there and so did Tom.
Tom: I know baby, I know. I wish I was there with you. Can you put mommy on the phone?
Kim handed me the phone then snuggled into my breast.
Alexis: So 1 month huh? I can’t wait any longer Tom, I miss you so much. We just found each other again and I don’t want to be away form you.
Tom: I know baby.
I heard Jost scream for Tom to get off the phone.
Tom: I have to go do an interview. I love you Alexis.
Alexis: I love you too Tom.
I closed my phone then held Kim closer to me as I cried again. I cried so much that my tears now burned. I carried Kim to my room and laid her down next to me. We watched the Little Mermaid then took a nap.
---------I---------
----I----
---------I---------
I
I
I felt my phone vibrate against my hip. GABI flashed across the screen.
Alexis: Hey girl, what’s up?
Gabi: Nothing I’m just down at the mall. Come down here and bring Kim.
I met Gabi after Tom left at my new job. I work as a receptionist at a traveling agency.
Alexis: ok I’ll be there in a minute just let me do Kim’s hair.
Gabi: Ok!
I closed my phone then placed my phone back in my pocket. I pulled Kim’s hair into a ponytail then walked her out to the car. I drove to the mall them met up with Gabi at the coffee shop. I bought myself a caramel latte and an Oreo one for Kim.
Gabi: So how are things at home?
I let Kim play in the jungle gym that was by the food court. I sat down on the bench and sighed.
Alexis: Not so good. Kim and I cry ourselves to sleep every night. My eyes burn from all the crying, and I can’t go out anywhere without putting on my makeup so no one will see the tear tracks. I miss him so much. We just got back together right before Christmas after 4 years of being separated. I love him so much Gabi!
Gabi held me in her arms.
Gabi: Its ok I understand, girl. Don’t worry he’ll be home in 2 weeks. All right?
Alexis: Ok. (I wiped my face, then smiled) Come on let’s go shopping.
I called Kim over to me and went looking around the mall.
When I got home I checked my answering machine.
“You have one unheard message. Message one. BEEP! ‘Hey Alexis it’s me Olivia. I just called to let you know that I’m pregnant! Oh mein Gott! I am so excited. Anyways I love you!’ BEEP! End of message.”
I smiled to myself. Olivia is pregnant. Her and Bill live in a pent house across town together. They’ve been engaged since Christmas Eve and already she’s pregnant! I walked into the kitchen and began to make dinner. Smothered Chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. I made some tea then sat down with Kim for dinner.
Only 2 weeks left until my boyfriend comes home!