A Greaser Love Story

New Understanding

Even though Grayson was at her mom’s house during the week, she still had to be fitted for the dress she would wear for her party. In order to do this, she needed to be taken to the tailor. It had been decided that her step-sister would be driving her, since she couldn’t be trusted on her own with these things (or so her father had said).

Grayson was trying on her dress when her sister looked at her. “You really like him don’t you.”

She turned. “Yeah Brittany…I really do. He’s my best friend."

“But how can you be friends with them when they’re so…wild?” She asked, confused.

Grayson sighed. “What you guys don’t get is that greasers are not all fight and dirt. They have a nice side. We’re friends because we care about each other. These boys are my family…they really are. But…dad doesn’t get that fact.”

“I’m sorry for everything, you know. When I saw how that boy stood up for you the other night…it made me realize that there must be something more to these boys. I mean…no one has ever done that for me. He must really care about you.” She looked down, and Grayson sat next to her.

“Brittany…he really does. I can’t believe I am going to say this but you really aren’t…that bad. But you need to stop acting like you are better than everyone else.”

Her sister nodded. “The greaser lifestyle is so different. When you started acting that way, it was change and I don’t really know how to handle change.”

Grayson sighed as she saw a whole new side to this girl. “Listen Brittany…the boys are trying to come up with a plan to help get me out of this party. Please don’t tell me father.”

She looked up. “But he’ll arrest them! He’ll make up some story and they’ll go to jail.”

Grayson shook her head. “Not if I can help it.”

Brittany stared at her in awe. “You guys really are a family. I don’t have anyone like that.”

Grayson smiled. “You’ve got me. You have a good side to you, Brit, you just need to show it more. Although…if we were to come up with a plan eventually…would you be willing to help pull it off?”

Her sister looked at her. “Yes. It could mean being kicked and losing our money…but yes.”

For the first time ever, the girls hugged. “Listen…after this I am going to hang out with the guys at Soda’s house. Why don’t you come?”

Brittany stared at her. “Hang out? With greasers? In a house filled with greasy boys?” Grayson eyes narrowed and Brit smiled. “Hell yeah.”

They laughed and the tailor came back to work on the dress. When they left Brittany turned her. “I do have one question about this boy, though.”

“Ask anything.”

“Is his name really Soda?” She asked and they laughed.

Grayson shook her head. “Nope. It is a nickname.” Brittany’s face looked like she understood and Grayson smiled. “It’s short for Sodapop.”

There was a moment of silence, and then they laughed again. When they got to the Curtis’ house, Grayson led her to the door. When they went in everyone fell silent.

“What is that Soc doing here?” Two-Bit asked motioning to Brittany.

“That Soc is my sister. I invited her here.” Grayson said and they all looked shocked.

“Babe…” Soda asked coming over to her.

“Trust me…she is not the person I thought she was."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry...Britanny really is being nice to her. She is not tricking her.