Bittersweet Endings

Bittersweet Endings

I cuddled into Jacoby as the movie credits rolled. I knew he didn't really appreciate the movie choice, it was too girly for him, but he had stayed quite the entire time. He didn't complain once about the cheesiness of the movie, although I knew he wanted to.

"Bed time?" Jacoby asked quietly.

"No." I mumbled shaking my head.

I wasn't tired. No where near tired actually. I looked up at Jacoby with a sly smile. He looked down at me. His eyes twinkled and a smirk made its way onto his face.

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his softly. He smirked even more into the kiss and slowly leaned forward, making the kiss rougher. I moaned into the kiss and leaned backwards, pulling Jacoby with me. He groaned into the kiss as he landed on top of me, not expecting the sudden movement.

"You drive me crazy." He mumbled pulling away.

"I try." I whispered smiling.

Jacoby laughed and kissed me again.

We continued to make out for a while, until we both gasped for breath. Jacoby had been the first to pull away. I knew what he was doing and thinking, he didn't want to push me. I appreciated that. I wasn't ready, yet. But everyday I spent with Jacoby I got closer and closer to being ready.

I smiled up at Jacoby who hovered over me smiling.

I felt butterflies erupted in my stomach. I loved the feeling. I got it whenever I was near Jacoby. I wanted to experience the feeling forever, and knew I would.

Jacoby was the one.

The one I wanted to spend eternity with. The one who knew every little thing about me. He knew just how to make me happy. Jacoby was the one, and he was mine. Mine all mine. Nobody was going to take him away from me. I would make sure of that.

Jacoby leaned down again, nibbling on my neck.

I moaned out causing Jacoby to smile, I could feel it against my neck. I ran my hands through Jacoby's hair as he continued to bite at the skin on my neck.

"Jacoby." I groaned.

He pulled away, placing a kiss on my lips before pulling me up with him. He had a smirk on his face. I cuddled into him as we sat up on the couch. His hands rubbing up and down my back.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too." Jacoby whispered back.

Everything was perfect.

Until a knock on the door interrupted us.

I groaned as we pulled apart. Jacoby at first wouldn't let go, but then he reluctantly did so I could answer the door. I walked over slowly, hoping by the time I got halfway there they would be gone.

I opened the door slightly after another knock.

Victor stood leaning against the doorframe. A manila folder in his hand.

As of lately Victor had become a missions deliverer. With the lack of vampires many people had been temporarily assigned new tasks. Ever since the fight when other vampires had switched organizations we had been short handed.

Luckily Jacoby and I had been able to keep our jobs. Jacoby wouldn't do well with anything else.

"Another one has been spotted. Dimitri wants this one alive." Victor said handing me the folder. "If not then Jacoby will be stuck doing paperwork for a month. That's a promise not a threat." With that Victor left, walking slowly down the hallway.

I closed the door and turned around.

Jacoby wasn't in the living room anymore. I could hear him moving around in the bedroom. Our bedroom. I slowly walked into the bedroom to find him only in his boxers, digging through his dresser.

He turned when he heard me come in. He was smirking.

"Who was it?" He asked pulling on a white shirt.

I pulled out the folder and Jacoby's smirk turned to a smile. He reached for the folder greedily, only I pulled it away and put it back behind my back.

"Alive." I stated loudly.

"I'll try." Jacoby said with a smirk.

He grabbed the folder and walked into the kitchen. He opened the folder and threw it on the table reading it. His smiled kept getting wider and wider as he read. He laughed lightly. I knew he was thinking this would be an easy mission.

"Alive." I stated again.

"Or what? Another threat of paperwork?" Jacoby asked with a raised eyebrow.

I couldn't help but laugh. Jacoby had been threaten a few times this past month. Out of all our missions only a few vampires ever came back with us. And those times were when I was lucky enough to catch them first.

"Yes, but a month this time. Not the simple week." I said taking the folder.

"Scary." Jacoby whispered jokingly.

"Alive." I stated again, this time with force.

"I said I'll try." He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'll try."

I knew this would be a good mission. I knew this was going to be a good life. I finally had everything I ever wanted and needed. I was ready to spend the rest of my life with Jacoby.

It was kind of bittersweet. I would get eternity with Jacoby, while we went around ending the lives of others, ending their eternity's.

It didn't matter. I was ready for my forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. :)
Comment(s)!!!
-Jessica
Thanks for reading our story! :D
-Jaymee