The Real Amy

Therapy

Monroe`s POV:

"Dad," I said waking up and forgetting where I was, just remembering I was with my dad last.

Apparently I said that loud because he came into my room and said, "You woke me up, Damn whore."

He picked a vase up and threw it at me, I moved and he missed. So he started throwing more at me and I ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

I went and sat in a corner, with my head between my legs. I cried, and cried. I cried more then I ever had.

I cried myself to sleep.

**************

"Monnie," I heard my dad saying while knocking on the door. That woke me up.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"I went to McDonalds and got you something to eat."

"I'm not hungry," I replied. But my stomach betrayed me and growled.

He must of heard it because he said, "Don't lie. Please come out and eat."

"Not unless you promise me to go to therapy."

He took a while to answer, but when he did he said, "Okay."

"You promise?" I asked, joy in my voice.

"Yes,"

I unlocked the door, and came out and hugged him.

"Where's the food?" I asked, my stomach growling again.

"Living room,"

I skipped to the living room, and got out my food and started eating it. Once I was done, which wasn't long since McDonalds is one of my favorite restaurants, especially when my dad gets me the quarter ponder with no pickles, and a ice tea, I said, "When are we going to find a therapist?”

“Whenever,” He replied.

I guess he didn’t expect me to start looking straight away because when I ran out of the house to look the look on his face was indescribable.

As I ran running I saw Taylor and Amy coming down from a building. I paused by them and put my arms around them.

“Hey!”
Amy just looked at me like I was up to something, but I wasn’t, I was just in a good mood. But Taylor said, “Hey Mon Mon,”

“Where are you to?”

“Amy’s house,”

I nodded, “Well I better be on my way.”

I continued running to the store, to get the magazine I saw about therapy.

Once I got there, I grabbed it and went to the register to pay, but I didn’t have enough.

I saw a boy come up next to me; I didn’t pay much attention to him. Though, I did pay attention to him after he gave the register person more money, then me the bag with the magazine.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I told this beautiful boy with long brown hair, and dazzling hazel eyes. He was wearing black skinny jeans, any boy who wore those and they looked like that on them, won my heart. He was also wearing a monster, the energy drink, t-shirt.

“Well if I didn't have to, then why did you take it??" he asked smiling.

“Because you’re gorgeous,” I whispered under my breath and then said, “Well, I have to go.”

“You don’t have to do anything,” He said smiling that smile again. “But if you are going to go, you should at least ask me for my number.”

“Okay,” I said laughing, “What’s your number?”

“I don’t know,” He said smiling, “Follow me.”

Then he started walking away and I followed.

“Mom,” he said and a woman turned around. “What’s my number?” He asked and she put it on a piece of paper and gave it to me, while giving me a dirty look.

“Who said it was for her,” he said with a smile.

But I just took the paper and ran off. I heard a skateboard behind me, and then there he got, in front of me with his skateboard.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“There’s no way that’s your mom!” I screamed and cried.

“I know, she’s my stepmom, but how do you know that General Nameless or General Shortstop, your choice?”

“Because she’s my mom!” I said running off again, but he was just too fast for me on his skateboard.

“What?”

“Why do you care?” I said pouting.

“Well it is, after all, about my stepmom, and new beautiful friend.” He said doing his smile.

I think I blushed.

“Is her name Elizabella?” I asked.
He nodded.

“Then she is defiantly my mom, she left me and my siblings with my abusive dad. But I am getting him help now, that’s what the therapy magazine is for.” I said crying so hard. He hugged me.

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Say this is just a dream,”

“I can’t say that, that would be a lie.”

“Say I need to go home,”

“Okay, go home; get some rest, text me sometime.”

I ran home and running calmed me down and I stopped crying.

“Do you want a girl or guy?” I asked once in the door.

“Guy, he can relate more.”

Well that unlimited half of the magazine.

“Anything else they need to be?”

“Close,”

That left five more people, I read about them and came down to two, and asked him to pick.

The one was a guy who was separated and has three kids, so he could relate. He was also reviewed really well.

The other guy couldn’t really relate, but he was extremely good.

My dad thought and decided on the guy he could relate to.

I snatched the magazine out of his hands to see if there was a number. He went to hit me and I screamed, “No!”

He back his hand up and said, “Don’t ever grab things off of me like that again, whore.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, “There’s a number. Do you want me to call it or do you want to?”

“You can, since this was your great idea,”

I just stared at him then dialed the number. Ringing. Ringing. Click, they answered.

“Hello, I am Monroe. I am looking for therapy for my father. We are interested in Dr. Hawlk as a therapist.”

“Would you like to come fill out some papers?”

“Yes,”

“Okay, we’ll see you then Miss Monroe.”

Click, hung up.

“I’m off to get some paper work,” I said to my dad while running out the door.

Once outside I realized I can’t walk all the way to the place, so I called my friend Todd up.

“Can you drive me to some place?”

“I can but the question is, will I?”

“Will you? Please?”

“Why should I?”

“Your right, I can’t make you do anything without your gang killing me.”

“Okay, Okay, I’ll drive you.”

“Please don’t have them come.”

“Okay I’ll be there in a little.”

Most people wouldn’t want a best friend who is in a gang, but you’re wrong. Todd is awesome, and I would die if he wasn’t my best friend. I also feel safer because he and his gang have my back.

On that note, he arrived.

I hoped into the car.

“Where are we going?” He asked.

“Therapy place.”

“Little mafia is going to therapy?”

“Nope for my dad,”

“Oh right, you know you have to pay me for me to drive you.”

“No way!” I said sticking out my tongue.

“Yes way, a kiss right here,” he said pointing to his cheek.

I kissed his cheek, the turned away, blushing.

He was started driving, really fast actually. We were there in no time.

“You drive like a lunatic,” I said when he parked in front of the building. “But thanks,” I said hugging him and getting out of the car.

“Am I not taking you home?”

“Correct,”
“Are you sure?”

“Yes,”

“Okay, if you say so,”

He drove away and I walked in the building and over to the elevator. I looked at the bullentine board to see what floor to go to, and I saw Dr. Hawlk, 5th floor. But below him it said Dr. Cullen 4th floor, like on twilight. I laughed at that. But pushed the elevator button and when it got to the floor and it said it was going up I got in and pushed floor 5.

I guess no one else needed to get on the elevator because it went straight to the floor.

Once I got to the floor, I came out and got dizzy. All the walls in the hallway were all white, and bright. Then the floor was white with black dots. So that was the cause of my dizziness. If I went left there was a bunch of doors and if I went right there was a check in desk. So I went right.

“I am Monroe,” I said to the lady at the desk. Apparently the desk was in a waiting room, because there were a lot of chairs, a TV, and toys.

“Oh, you’re the young lady I talked to earlier.”

I nodded and she handed me some papers.

“Do I fill them out now and hand them to you, or do I fill them out at home and hand them to the doctor when we get an appointment.”

“Here please,” She said smiling. I noticed the lady at the desk looked like Alexandra Daddario, the girl who played Annabeth Chase, in the lighting theif.

“Are you Alexandra Daddario?”

“Yes, yes I am,” she said smiling, “Are you a fan?”

“Yes, can I have your autograph?”

She handed me a picture with her autograph, and I then went and sat down. As I was reading the form, I kept tapping my pencil.

Apparently it was annoying because a boy growled, “Stop it.”

“Oh, uh sorry.”

He didn’t say anything more.

Well then.

I couldn’t pay attention to the form because he was mysterious looking. He had rigid cut black hair that went over his eyes, which were black. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a top and a black addias shirt and had a couple white strips. The shirt was unzippered half way down, and he didn’t have a shirt underneath, sexy.

“I’m Monroe.”

“Mathew” he said looking up at me since he was sitting on the floor. “You haven’t done any of your paperwork he noted.

“Well, it’s not mine anyways. It’s my dad’s.”

He didn’t say anything, again. So I looked at the paper. I looked at the begging:

Name: Myer
Age:29
Gender: male
Family status: Divorced, three sons living with other family, daughter living with me
Problem(`s): Abusing kids
Available days: Any

And filled it out, then looked at the rest and filled it out.

When I was done I gave it to the lady at the desk and walked over to Mathew. “Why are you here?”

“What’s it to you?”

“I want to be your friend,”

“Well that’s not going to happen,”

“Then I am just curious.”

“For myself,”

“Why?”

“I have problems,”

“Obviously, but like what?”

“You will think I am crazy,”

“Nu uh,”

“I am crazy and see things like ghosts, which led to drugs and achool.”

“Oh,”

He didn’t say anything.

Then a while after I kept staring at him he said, “I guess you better be on your way.”

I rolled my eyes and left, yes I walked all the way to my house. Which was pointless because when I got there my dad was leaving, apparently the place called and he had a appointment, and I was suppose to go also.

The ride to there was silent, and awkward.

~In the doctor’s office~

“I am Dr. Hawlk,” He said putting his hand out to us; neither of us shook it so he put it down. “But you can call me by my first name, Ninja, if you want.”

“So why are we here today?”

“Because he abuses me and my siblings and needs help,” I whispered.

“When did the abusing start?”

“When he started having problems with my mom, but mainly after she left us.”

“Is this true?” he asked my dad.

“Mhm,”

“Did you still care about her?”

“Yes,”

“Why did you separate?”

“She cheated,”

“I know that had to be tough. Me and my wife are separated and it can be hard on them. They go back and forth between us. Is it hard on you Monroe?”

“No because I don’t see her, and I hate her,”

“Hates a very strong word,”

“I know, I’m a big girl I don’t need to be told things like that,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Why did you express your feelings that way? By hurting them?”

“Because I couldn’t express myself through words and I didn’t mean to do that.” My dad said emotionless.

“The world we know was built on skills, but that alone don’t count.
Without the sweat and toil of mine; it wouldn’t be worth a dime.
You got to live and give, share and care. Really put some love in the air.
When your neighbor's down, try to pick him up. Nobody can live in despair. “

“Well, sometimes when others are feeling good it makes you feel good. So maybe try to help others and give them love. Then they will probably return the love, and you will be surrounded by love. Which might make you feel better.”

“But I loved my ex, and she didn’t return that.”

“Well she is in the past now. Forgive, that’s a part of making a better life. “

“What if she holds me back from making things better.”

“We have freedom, no one can hold us back unless you want them to.”

“Okay, I won’t let her hold me back. I am free. I will help others.”

“Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing… (Let freedom ring)
(Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing…)
Let’s all pitch in to do our thing, make a better world to live in.
Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing… (Let freedom ring)
(Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing…)
Let’s all pitch in and do our thing, make a better world to live in. “

“That’s good. You should also get others to help. And a part of making the world a better one is listening to others. Listen to Monroe`s opinions and others peoples to. Make plans and desctions
together.”

“Society has no priority, we’re all one part of a whole.
When people scream and shout, you hafta hear ‘em out. Everybody is a beautiful soul.
You gotta pull together, go hand in hand. You really got to do your best.
Wouldn’t it be a perfect sight to see: the whole world filled with happiness.
Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing… (Let freedom ring)
(Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing…)
Let’s all pitch in to do our thing, make a better world to live in.
Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing… (Let freedom ring)
(Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing…)
Let’s all pitch in to do our thing, make a better world to live in.
Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing…
(Everybody let’s sing, sing, sing…)
Let’s all join hands and do our thing, make a better world to live in.”

I think just talking about doing good made him feel better, because he was smiling the whole way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SO SO sorry i havent updated in sooo long
but idk wat should be happening with amy and taylor like i dont really have anything to write with them

but this song is Let's Make A Better World by dr. john