Status: Discontinued :( But will be rewritten and updated as soon as summer rolls around. Sorry D: School got to us.

Make New Friends, but Keep the Old; One Is Silver, the Other Gold

Chapter 1: Hailey's POV (Edited)

I put up the last of the pictures and stepped back to survey the room. Not bad, it was kinda small...not much room to put stuff...but I'd get used to it eventually. The bed was near the window and the desk was near the foot of it. There was a nightstand near the bed, to hold my reading books. I had put the dog bed in the corner where the bed and nightstand met. There were two closets that were built into the wall and I also had a dresser, so that was awesome.But now that I think about it, my room was really small compared to my old bedroom in New York. I sighed I'll just have to get used to this I thought.

I smiled as I heard Keiko, my border collie, bark downstairs in the kitchen. She was currently "helping" my dad cook. I took a step back to survey the room and bumped my foot against a box. It rattled. "What the.." I said. I looked inside and saw a picture of my mom and I. I sat on the bed and thought back to when my dad told me that we were moving across the country.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Can we talk for a second?" asked my dad. "Yeah..." I replied. He sighed "Listen, I got a call from an old friend, remember Connor Fahey??" I sighed and said "Yeah...Sure." "He offered me a place on his team." I blinked. "His fire team?" "Yea." I just looked at him. "Look, I know that it's a bit too soon, but I've decided to take it. I promise you that I'll be careful. I just... I have to get away from this place...after your mom..." I sighed. How well I knew about getting away. "But why?! WHY do you want to go back to the...fires? A FIRE IS WHAT KILLED MOM." I yelled. "Fires are what took her from us" I whispered, blinking back tears. "If I take this job, I'll be helping save people that could live." he said softly. A tear rolled down my cheek. "Just...just be careful...okay?" He nodded and hugged me. "I lo-"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"HALES!!" My dad yelled. "Holy---!" I said jumping and almost falling off the bed. "YEAH DAD?!" God..can I have no time to myself? "CAN YOU COME HERE FOR A SECOND?"
"BE RIGHT THERE, DAD!"

I put the frame on my desk, walked down the staircase that was just outside my door, and walked down to the kitchen. "Yeah dad?" I said, smiling and petting a grinning Keiko. "I invited Connor over for dinner. His son might be coming too...remember Shane?." I rolled my eyes. "Uh...sure...and...?" I said. "And, " he said, "Can you go put something nice on?"

I glared at him. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing now?!" I was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. "We're going to have company over soon. Go put something nice on okay?" I glared at him again, but went upstairs to go change.

I closed my door, opened my laptop, and logged onto AIM and Facebook. I updated my Facebook status saying "Arrived in Cali. Why the hell is it not as warm as I want it to be?!?! >.<" I switched to AIM and wrote "I have to change for the "company" What I want to know is WHY." as my status.

I shut my laptop and went to my closet. I pulled out random stuff since my closet wasn't organized yet. I pulled out this and changed into it. I surveyed myself in the mirror. Not bad for a random pick...not bad at all

♥♥♥

I was fixing my hair, trying to make it fall perfectly over my shoulders, when the doorbell rang.

crap. crap. crap. I thought.

I stayed where I was, just listening.

"Connor! Long time no see. Listen I want to thank you for the..." came my dad's voice. As their conversation continued, I prayed that he wouldn't notice that I wasn't there yet.

"HAILEY!!!" yelled my dad "COME DOWNSTAIRS AND SAY HI!

------10 minutes later-------

Maybe they won't notice anything, I prayed.

Crap, I hear footsteps.

The door opened and I heard someone clear their throat and say "Your dad wants you to co-"

I turned around and his annoyed expression smoothing out as he stopped, his eyes widening a bit.

He paused, then said "Uh..um..your dad wants you to come downstairs."

"Oh...Uh..um..uh..okay...I-I'll be right there." I said, blushing a little.

He nodded, pulled his face into what could be recognizable as a smirk and left the room, looking back once.

Woah...he's hot
♠ ♠ ♠
My first ever story on Mibba after a couple of months. Comments please! The first and second chapter are a look at what Hailey and Shane's personalities are like. The chapters after chapter 2 might be mostly in Hailey's point of view we're not sure yet. Happy reading!