Seize the Day

Trente

Cadey looked around cautiously, observing her surroundings. It was late, the lights were dim, and she didn’t feel safe. She felt lonely. She needed to find him.

Startled by a noise behind her, Cadey jogged around the corner of the building only to smack into someone and fall to the ground. At least, she thought it was someone and not something, like a wall.

“Sorry! Are you all ri—Cadey?”

Cadey looked up, greeted with the vibrant green eyes of none other than Zacky.

She smiled and allowed him to help her up.

“That’s my name.”

Zacky let out a disbelieving laugh and pulled Cadey in for a hug. She couldn’t just ignore him. Truth be told, she missed him almost as much as Jimmy.

After realizing she probably shouldn’t be hugging Zacky like this and also realizing that she still needed to find Jimmy, she pulled away.

Just when she was about to ask Zacky where Jimmy was at, she spotted him. On the opposite side of a nearby building, there he stood with Matt. The two were greeting fans and taking pictures. Cadey smiled, remembering when she and Lacey always wished to that.

Zacky followed her gaze, his smile faltering slightly when he saw who she was staring at, “Go.”

“What?”

“Go to him. He’s missed you.”

Cadey bit her lip and looked in the direction of Jimmy again. After being separated for so long, she nearly forgot what he looked like.

Zacky gave her an encouraging smile and a tiny shove, “Go.”

Cadey felt her vocal chords and chest tighten. What would she say to him?

Zacky chuckled, “Quit your worrying and just go already!”

Cadey sighed and turned back around, freezing when she spotted Jimmy again. He was looking at her.

She swore she heard him faintly call her name, but it could’ve just been her imagination.

“Jimmy…” she whispered.

“Cadey!”

Zacky stepped clearly out of the line of fire as Jimmy came barreling in his and Cadey’s direction. Matt was laughing at the situation.

Jimmy finally got to her and swept Cadey off of her feet, literally, and spun her around in circles. She giggled like a little school girl at his antics, causing him to break out into a shit-eating grin.

“I missed you,” he said, his wild and crazy side being replaced by a caring one.

Cadey’s breath hitched in her throat and she choked back tears. She hated how easily she cried.

“I missed you too,” she whispered, her voice cracking slightly.

A cool, night breeze swept by and Cadey shivered. She was used to colder weather than this, but that didn’t mean her body exactly enjoyed it.

Jimmy wrapped his arms tightly around her and she buried her face in his neck.

“I say we go back to the bus, where it’s not cold.”

Cadey nodded against him and he led her along, his long arm around her slender shoulders. She resumed resting her head in his neck.

Jimmy smiled down at her and kissed her forehead, “How’s your head, beautiful?”

Cadey blushed, her eyes averting to the ground, watching Jimmy’s shoes as he walked, “Better. As long as I take it easy for the next while then I shouldn’t have any problems.”

“That means don’t get too crazy with her, Jimbo,” Matt said, winking and walking past the two with Zacky as they neared the bus.

“I can’t make any promises!” he yelled, loud enough for Matt and almost everyone else around the arena to hear.

She hid her face in Jimmy’s chest as they walked the last few feet to the bus and hopped on. Jimmy chuckled and moved his arm smoothly from her shoulders to her hip.

“You’re too cute for your own good,” he said quietly into her ear.

Cadey continued to hide her face until she spotted her friend from the corner of her eye. She smiled at Lacey and Johnny, who were cuddled up on a chair, beers in hand. Out of nowhere, Jimmy held a bottle in front of Cadey’s face, which she gladly took.

Feeling the need to make a toast of sorts, Jimmy lifted his bottle into the air, the rest of the gang following suit, and grinned.

“To friends, family, and Avenged Sevenfold!”

The guys, and Lacey and Cadey, cheered and all took a swig of beer.

Jimmy bent down to meet Cadey’s lips in a passionate, yet romantic, kiss. He pulled away and lifted his bottle up slightly, Cadey raising an eyebrow yet doing the same.

“To us,” he said, smirking and staring into her eyes.

She smirked back, raising the bottle and touching it lightly with Jimmy’s, causing a clinking sound. She slowly lifted the bottle to her lips, Jimmy’s eyes following her movements.

“To us.”

He chuckled deeply and rested his forehead against hers, his arms tightly around her.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

“Well you don’t have to worry, ‘cause I won’t be leaving.”

His face brightened, “Never?”

“Never.”

His face took on a mischievous look, “So you’ll be stuck with me…forever?”

She giggled, “Yep. Forever.”

“Forever?”

“Forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe. couldn't help myself. had to put that in there.

whelp....that's the end. I hope ya'll enjoyed it 'cause...well...that's it. sorry there's no sequel, but this just felt like a good place to end the tale. haha.

but, don't you fear, me and Hannah have another story we're starting up. 'tis called Love Avenged. check it out. it's good hehe.

thank you all so much for sticking with us the entire ride, for those of you that have. you have no idea how much me and Hannah appreciate it. and you commenters are awesome. thank you guys so much!

farewell, dear readers. until next time!
love you all! mwah!
love, Melanie Vengeance.

moar comments, yes? :D