Status: DONE!

I Wrote This For You

Well That Was Unexpected

“Who told you?” He whisper yelled. Like someone could actually hear him anyways…
“No one. Alex. Well not exactly.” I stammered.
“What do you mean?” He asked.
“Well she actually just called me to ask me if I could tell you that you’re still a jerk but she wants you to call her.” I said regretting it. I shouldn’t have told him to call her. What if they work things out?
“Oh.” He said looking down.
“Well, what about you? Why didn’t you ever tell me? What did you do anyways?”
“I didn’t tell you because Alex thought it’d be better that way. And we didn’t do anything…really.”
“What do you mean really?” I asked.
“Well…Brendon, I’m sorry. I really can’t tell you anything. I know that Alex means a lot to you, but this is between me and her and I don’t want you to get caught in the middle of everything.”
“Well it’s already too late for that because now that I know, I’m going to do everything I can to help.” I said a little louder than necessary.
“Bren- calm down a little. I understand where you’re coming from. I would be doing the same thing if the situation was reversed. All I’m saying is that if Alex wants you to know, I’m sure she would have told you by now.”
“ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?! SHE DIDN’T TELL ME BECAUSE SEHE THINKS IT WILL RUIN OUR FRIENDSHIP! I KNOW THAT!” I screamed.
“Well no shit Sherlock! I could have told you that! Look, can we just go down and practice already?”
“Only if you tell me what happened.” I said crossing my arms.
“I can’t tell you.” He sighed.
“Well then I guess I can’t practice.” I said.
“Fine then I guess it will just be me and Spencer then.”
“Uh, hell no. You’re not going to practice in my house. Go somewhere else.” I snapped.
“Brendon. Don’t do anything you’re going to regret.”
“Oh don’t worry. I won’t.”
“Fine then. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”
“Yeah. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.” If he wasn’t going to tell me anything, why should I play nice? All I want is a little information here. Then he walked out and son after that I could hear the front door being slammed shut. I didn’t want to punish Spencer too. He was just caught in the middle of me being caught in the middle. He got all the unnecessary-ness pushed on him all the time. Kinda makes me feel bad sometimes. Sometimes.

***

What woke me up was the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at the clock and it read 2:03 a.m. Who in God’s name wants to call me this late? Well, I guess now it would be early…

“Hello?” I asked groggily.
“Bren?” It was Alex again.
“Yeah. Alex, what’s up?” I asked clearing my throat and sitting up.
“I just needed to hear your voice that’s all.” She said.
“Oh. Did Ryan call you? Because I told him to.”
“Yeah. He said he was sorry. But I still don’t believe him. He also told me what happened between you two.”
“Oh yeah? Did he also tell you that I kicked him out?”
“No, he didn’t.”
“Oh. Well I did.”
“I see. Brendon, he’s right. If I wanted you to know, I would have told you already. This is just something that I’m going to have to deal with by myself.” I was silent as was sashes. I couldn’t believe that she wasn’t going to tell me what was going on. I don’t understand why everyone wants to keep me out of the loop all of a sudden. “Brendon, there’s something I need to tell you. But you have to promise not to get mad at me.” She said after a few minutes.
“What is it?” I asked. I heard her take a deep breath.
“Brendon, we can’t be friends anymore. I’m sorry…” I felt my eyes go wide and my mouth drop open.
“Wh-why not?” I asked trying to recompose myself.
“You’re just going to have to trust me on this. You don’t want to be friends with me anymore.” And with that she hung up the phone. Tears started running down my face and I was already dialing her number again. Every time I called, she never answered. With every answering machine I got, my heart broke more and more. Finally after an hour of calling, I decided to give up. She wasn’t going to talk to me, and she wasn’t going to be my friend. Even worse, she would never know that I love her.

***

Now my alarm goes off to wake me up for school. It is 6 a.m. and I can’t help but think about what happened only 3 hours ago. Maybe it was all a dream. That’s what I continued to convince myself at least. As I started to dress myself, the thoughts kept coming into my head and making me lose my concentration. It is probably a better idea to just try and forget Alex all together. But then again….maybe not. I know, I can hope I forget that she hates him more than she knows I love her. Yes, that’s what I’ll do. That’s what I do everyday anyways……

So to my locker I went turning the corner where I usually met Alex in the morning. But to my surprise……she wasn’t there. The day went on with no sign of her. But when the final bell rang, I was still expecting her to be there, waiting for me to come out of my class. I walked more observant than other days to her locker. She wasn’t there. But the blonde haired girl was. Today she got her locker open and smiled at me when I walked by. I mustered up what I though would be a smile, but most likely turned out to be a crooked frown. I continued down to my locker and was only more disappointed when I walked out of the school by myself. I never knew that something out of my control and knowledge could tear me and my best friend apart. I never knew that it would hurt this much either. But I guess all I can do is wait and see what will happen next. Who knows, maybe the world will explode. That would be better than this…