Our Last First Kiss

Strange

Another day, nothing to do. Since I didn't have a vehicle to take me place I could only go where my feet could take me. The beach or forest, but my uncle had told me the forest was a dangerous place. I decided to not go into it unless I had to or unless I had a friend to accompany me.

"Oh this is so boring!" I groaned falling back into the sand staring up at the gray cloudless sky. We weren't really all that far from Sitka, but I bet it was sunny there. The waves crashed onto the sand and rocks scattered around the area gently. For once the waters seemed relaxed.

"What?" Quil's voice came. "No soccer today?" he smirked and stopped beside me and looking down. I shrugged my shoulders and sat up. Once again a shirtless guy was standing before me only wearing baggy shorts.

"Why do you and the others not wear shirts?" I questioned standing up dusting the sand from my back. He shrugged his shoulders, but I knew there had to be a reason. It wasn't exactly cold outside, but it wasn't warm either.

"Well actually today we're going cliff diving." He explained to dissipate the question mark floating above my head.

"Cliff diving?" I asked and her nodded pointing over to some huge cliff about a mile away from us. My jaw dropped what kind of insane person jumps forty feet into cold violent waters? "Isn't that dangerous?" I questioned turning my attention back to him.

"Not really." He replied with a shrug, but I certainly didn't agree. What if the waves took you under? What if they smashed you against the rock wall? It was plenty dangerous in my mind. "Wanna watch?" he asked me and I blinked a few times.

"Does that mean I have to jump?"

"No." he shook his head once and I smiled.

"Well what harm could watching do?" I laughed lightly gesturing for him to lead the way. He smiled at me and started walking with me a step behind him.

* * * *

We had been walking for about fifteen minutes when Quil stopped suddenly. I ran into him since I was looking down hoping not to trip. Stumbling backwards I fell onto my butt and groaned, but Quil didn't move his eyes were locked to the left of us. I raised an eyebrow wondering why he had tensed up so quickly.

"Is something wrong?" I asked quietly looking around the dense forest the mist was heavy and the ground moist. Surely he couldn't have heard or seen anything through all this. The again he was used to these surroundings. "Quil." I said his name standing up and dusted myself off.

"Something's wrong." Quil muttered under his breath and I gave him a quizzical look. It was all trees, mist, and bushes around us what could possibly be wrong? I looked up at the tall trees barely able to see the sky through the thick branches of the leafy green trees. Not a bird in the sky, not a deer in the forest, maybe it was because we were there.

"What do you mean?" I asked him and gestured for me to be quiet. Closing my mouth I walked closer to him. He was so alert like an animal being hunted.

"Stay close." Quil told me still very tense as we started walking. I nodded walking right along him our steps in sync with each other. Thankfully I was wearing tennis shoes cause wearing flip-flops would have been terrible. Quil pushed a branch aside and I walked past him. He caught up to me once again and I could finally see the top of the cliffs.

"Yeah right!" Jacob's voice came with a laugh.

"Alright watch." Paul's voice came and Quil seemed to ease up a bit at the sound of his friend's voices. I let out a breath of relief tense Quil was unnerving.

"Hey guys." Quil said as we walked out into the small clearing.

"Ugh, you brought her." Paul grumbled looking at me with disgust and anger. Sam nudged him and Paul looked at him, but simply turned around. He started running and jumped off the cliff. My eyes went wide and I pushed through the boys looking down. The water consumed Paul and I started to panic.

"He's fine." Sam assured me. I looked to him hoping he was right and then he pointed downwards. When I looked back down Paul was swimming through the rough waves going back for the shore. That explained there muscles fighting rough waters like that would really make you buff.

"Did you not sense it?" Quil asked quietly talking with Jacob and a boy named Embry. Sam turned around to look at the three and walked over.

"What?" Sam asked. They formed a circle keeping me out of it. I found it very strange how all of them were shirtless, buff, and mysterious. All of them kept there voices low so I couldn't hear what they were saying. I wasn't dumb though something was going on and I wanted to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading everyone.
And thanks for the comments and subscribing.
Keep them coming for more updates.
=)

-Mimi