Our Last First Kiss

Illusionary

"Jake," her voice was soft warm and gentle. I felt a warm hand on the side of my face. Her fingers gently stroked my cheek. "Jake, can you hear me?" she asked softly. I could smell the shampoo she used, lavender. Her hand moved onto my shoulders and she gently shook me.

"Shiloh?" I croaked out trying to open my eyes. She laughed lightly and placed her hand back onto my face. I was met by her beautiful smile; she was mere inches from my face.

"Who else would it be silly?" Shiloh asked me. I smiled up at her and she backed away as I tried to sit up. It felt like someone had just taken a hammer to my head and then on top of it all my shoulder was burning. "Careful, you don't want to reopen your wound." Shiloh warned. I leaned against the back of the couch I was laying on glancing at my injured shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked her. She frowned and sat down beside me.

"That vampire, Caroline, she tricked you." Shiloh told me softly. My brows furrowed and I looked at her. "I'm not sure of the exact details, but that's what Sam and Paul told me." Shiloh shrugged her shoulders. I tried to think back to what had happened.

Paul and I were out on patrol. We were about to start fighting, but we attacked. He had stayed behind to tangle with the werewolf while I went after that bloodsucker. When I was running after her she had stopped at a huge clearing. Then I remembered Shiloh was at her feet and looked like a corpse. It angered me and the leech had said something to me, but I couldn't remember what.

"But she had you." I said, turning my attention to Shiloh. She sighed and shook her head looking up at me. Our eyes locked and she crossed her legs on the couch. I stared at her as she put her hands on my face.

"It was all an illusion. I was never there Jacob." Shiloh explained. I put my hands over hers and smiled warmly.

"As long as you're safe." I told her and she laughed lightly.

"Of course."

* * * * *

Sam had everyone in the pack on red alert. He told me to relax for a few days though until I could regain my thoughts. Even though I told him I was fine he said Caroline had made me the weakest link in the pack. That pissed me off when he said that, but I didn't argue with him. Mostly because Shiloh was with us when we were talking.

"You know I wouldn't be to offended if I had to sit around the rez all day." Quil said to me as he plopped down on my couch. He was resting before he had to go back out on patrol again. I watched him stuffing Cheetohs into his mouth for a bit. Sighing I put my hands behind my head and stared at the ceiling.

"It not that, just the way he said it and saying I'd become the weakest link." I shrugged my shoulders. Quil swallowed the mouth full of Cheetohs and looked at me.

"Well, you kind of are." Quil told me and I punched him in the shoulder. He yelped in pain and rubbed the spot I had punched. Getting up from the couch I walked away heading outside.

"Hey Jake!" Shiloh was walking down my driveway with Jared and Kim. I guess Jared and Kim had just finished their date and ran into her.

"You shouldn't be walking alone on the rez." I said and Shiloh frowned.

"Hello! I'm standing right here." Jared said pointing to himself. Kim smiled at him and brushed her wispy hair over her shoulder. I shrugged my shoulders and walked off the porch meeting them on the driveway.

"I know, but still…" I trailed off. Jared rolled his eyes and Kim linked her arm with his Shiloh. Looked at Jared and smiled weakly before turning back to me. We stared at each other for a minute and she sighed softly.

"Jacob, you need to relax. Nothing bad is going to happen." Shiloh said, taking my hand in her giving them a firm squeeze. I nodded stiffly; the truth was I was afraid that what Caroline had shown me was what she was planning to do to Shiloh. There was no way I could ever let that happen to her. "I asked Jared and Kim to walk me over here."

"Shiloh," I paused and she let go of my hands backing away from me. "I'm just worried about you." I admitted and Shiloh nodded knowingly.

"I'm going to be fine." She said sounding very positive. Quil walked out of the house and trotted down the stairs. Jared pulled Kim in for a kiss and she laughed lightly wrapping her arms around him.

"Be careful." Kim said to him. Jared smiled and nodded his head before turning to Quil. Kim moved away from him as he started running and Quil waved following behind him. "Well I think I'll head home."

"No, no. Not by yourself it's almost dark, Jacob and I will walk you." Shiloh volunteered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading everyone!
Leave a comment.
^.^

-Mimi