Our Last First Kiss

Damages

"Seven yes!" Kim clapped her hands as she stared at the dice. We were all just hanging out at Emily's. Paul had come back from his date with Hannah and even brought her along. Shiloh moved Kim's playing piece seven spaces. "Where'd I land?" she asked with her fingers crossed.

"Oh no," Shiloh giggled as she placed Kim's Monopoly piece onto the go to jail square. Jared laughed and Kim's jaw fell open. "Want to bail?" Shiloh asked and Kim groaned slapping a hand to her face.

"You have the worst luck at this game." Hannah said to Kim. Jared patted Kim's shoulder about to lean over for a kiss, but she playfully pushed him away.

"I don't want your pity kiss." Kim spoke scooting away and Jared laughed.

We sat and played Monopoly for a while longer. I kept looking between Paul and Hannah just to be sure they were in love. My conclusion after watching them for about an hour was, they were in love. Paul looked at her like she was his most prized possession and Hannah had stars in her eyes.

Emily and Sam were sitting on the couch watching the rest of us sitting around the coffee table. Seth and Leah both had to take off because their mom wanted them to clean up the entire house. Embry was chilling on the single couch behind us making smart remarks every now and then. Quil on the other hand was putting Claire down for bed; he was such a good mommy.

Shiloh burst out in laughter when Kim got out of jail only to land on private property and be sent back to jail. Jared looked at Kim sympathetically as she just at the game board in disbelief.

"All I can say is W-T-F!" Kim snapped falling back on the ground.

"Just stay in jail," Jared told her. "You belong in there anyways." He smiled and Kim smacked his arm. They were in love too, back in school he never knew Kim existed, but now she was everything. I looked at Shiloh as she rolled the dice.

"Yay!" Shiloh cheered. I smiled as she threw her arms in the air.

"Hey, hey, hey! Quiet I just got Claire to go to sleep." Quil said as he walked from the dark hallway. We all looked at him and Shiloh apologized.

"You're such a good mom." I smirked and Quil rolled his eyes as he sat down on the floor beside Kim and Jared.

* * * * *

It was about midnight now. Quil, Jared, Embry, and Sam had all went out on patrol, but I stayed behind with the girls. Of course Paul and Jared to their girls home before they went patrolling. Hannah still didn't know about our secret though. Paul said he wasn't ready to tell her just yet.

I walked into the living room and smiled upon the sight of Shiloh sleeping soundly on the couch. Emily had retreated to her room about ten minutes ago. Reaching for a blanket on the back of the couch I laid it over Shiloh. She shifted slightly and I leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight sweetheart." I whispered to her. Moving away I decided to go sit on the porch for a little while. The guys would be back in about two hours anyways. Walking across the room I quietly closed the door and stepped outside. I shut the door to keep the cool air out and walked over to the steps of the porch. Sitting down I leaned up against the wooden rail and looked up at the night sky.

It was pitch black aside from the sparkling stars. Sometimes I wondered how different my life would have been if I hadn't become a shape-shifter. It was in my blood though, so avoiding it would have been pointless. Sooner or later the gene would catch up to me. I would probably be in school, close to graduating actually, open up my own mechanic shop. All those things, but had I not become what I am Shiloh wouldn't be what she is to me. Sam and Leah probably would be together if he hadn't changed.

The damages that were done were hard on everyone. Sometimes being a shape-shifter came with its advantages other times it was sad what we had to lose and leave behind. Running my fingers through my hair I tried to think of something else.

While digging for thoughts in my head I heard a pained cry coming from the forest. Jumping up to my feet I recognized the cry to be Embry's. Clenching my fist I looked back at the house, I couldn't just leave them. Taking a step onto the grass I prayed that everything was okay, but I was terribly wrong. My body trembled when another cry came out from the forest. Whatever it was Embry was being beaten badly.

A sharp howl rang from the same direction and I couldn't take it any longer. I ran to help him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!

Check out my new Seth story: Gunpowder

-Mimi