Drip.

Take My Hand.

I had gone back to my silence, it ended up being so much easier. Who’d have though? Sierra’s friend had woken up and they both explained that they were there only because of one of their friends. One that got away. Sierra was the dramatic one, I could tell. I could hear her antics no matter how far I moved myself away from their little group. I’m now in the farthest corner.

They were all talking now. Talking like the four of us had talked before. They went over family and just random things.

Sierra had had her cell phone, but we didn’t want to alert the man. Who knew if we had service in this hole anyway? Apparently the man had travelled a long way to get these girls. I scowled.

What is this guy’s problem? Why does he have to do this? It’s just another mystery and concentrating on how to get out of this situation is more pressing an issue than how we got here in the first place. I needed to get home and soon. Preferably before I lost my mind, anyway.

“Lee? Please speak?” Z almost pleaded obviously having enough of my silence. I shook my head, knowing he couldn’t see me. He signed and rested his body next to mine against the cold wall.

“Don’t call me Lee.” I said feebly.

“I’ll call you whatever I want until you start speaking again.” He stated.

I growled slightly before straightening myself out. I leaned my head against the wall. I wished I had a Lazy-Boy or something. My back was starting to hurt worse than my head. I swore to myself it’d be the first thing I’d do when I got home. I would jump onto and lounge on every visible piece of cushioned furniture. That was one of the many things I’d never forget the value of ever again.

If I ever got out.

“Why do you want me to talk?” I asked exasperated. I was tired, I was bored, I had to pee, I was slowly going insane. Not the time to mess with me.

“I don’t know…” Z trailed off and curiously I reached my hand out to touch his cheek. It was burning and probably red. I smirked.

Shaking out my thoughts I moved my hand back to my side. Now who was blushing? I smiled.

Drip.

Silence took over.

Drip.

Maybe I should start counting them again.

Drip.

“I’m still going to call you Lee.” Z said matter-of-factly. I smiled wider and shook my head. He’d never know how much I actually enjoyed his calling me Lee.

“I figured.” I muttered. There was no point in arguing. Or at least that’s what I can keep telling myself anyway.

“What?” He asked, surprised. “No fight?”

“Nope.” I popped my ‘p’. “I have given up.”

“Given up?” His tone suggested mischief and I stiffened. “Or just given in?”

“Most definitely given up.” I muttered. Lie.

“Okay then.” I could tell he didn’t believe me.

Drip.

One.

Drip.

Two.

Drip.

Three.

Drip.

Four.

Drip.

Fi-

“Lee? Did you die on me?”

“No. I told you I gave up.” I paused. “I was counting those damn drips.”

Drip.

“Does it help?”

“No when you lose count, no.”

“Oh… did I make you lose count?” He asked carefully.

“Yep.”

“I’ll shut up then.” He said quickly.

“Thank you.” I nodded in his direction on instinct.

Drip.

Back to the beginning.

Drip.

Two.

~~~~

Drip.

Three hundred twenty-four.

Drip.

Three hundred twenty-five.

Drip.

Three hundred twenty-six.

~~~~

Drip.

Five hundred sixty-two.

Drip.

Some might argue I have no life.

Drip.

Five hundred sixty-four.

Drip.

I’d point out where I was.

Drip.

Five hundred sixty-six.

“What are you at?” He asked curiously, everybody else had been talking quietly to each other on the other side of the room.

“Five hundred sixty-six.” I muttered, losing count again.

“Woah, I gave up after I hit a hundred.” He murmured, making me laugh quietly.

Drip.

What’d I do?

Drip.

“What?” I asked in a monotone.

“Oh my God, is Leah back?” Ari asked excitedly from across the damp, dark room.

“Is she?” Z whispered right next to my ear. I nodded and made sure he could feel it. “Yes!” Z yelled, much louder than necessary.

For some reason I smiled.

Word Count = 780
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count = 780

Sorry for the short chapters and not posting in forever. I’m working on it. Now that it’s summer I have more time, though.

Still no idea where the chapter titles are from??